Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Milton Keynes Cable

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Milton Keynes Cable

Old 09-06-2009, 20:54   #61
beeman
Kiss My Stinger

Services: Virgin VIP package, FREEVIEW
beeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to behold
Re: Milton Keynes Cable

Indead as chris says if they havent inforced it in 10 years i beleave you friend would have secured defacto planning pemission for the dish. If i remember rightly after 4 years on plain display without any form of enforcement action the alteration has planning pemission by default. however im not sure how this affects a conversation area. i would deffenatly get your friend to goto the CAB.
beeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-06-2009, 16:33   #62
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads

Well Westminster as well as other local HA's in the area do not want antennaes and dishes in view from the street.

My mate has been informed that the council have fitted a communal Aerial on the roof, Westminster council say that if you cannot get NTL, then try Homechoice (Now called Tiscali TV)

So maybe thats why they are writing to him now.

The thing is, I think its partly Westminster council's fault that Virgin Media's network is only Analogue, the council is also tough on utility companies digging up roads.

One good thing though,you can now get Virgin Broadband in this area! So IPTV is also an option.
m419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2011, 17:14   #63
mal4mac
Inactive

mal4mac is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone running a HiFi tuner out of the FM socket? I find the signal very iffy on my old Marantz tuner - it has a signal strength meter, at the moment Radio 3 and 4 are at 67%, and Classic FM at 100%. There is very noticeable hiss on Radio 3 and 4, while Classic FM is fine. This has been the situation for many months, if not years (sometimes 3 and 4 improve a bit!) I can get rid of the hiss by clicking the mono button on my amp. I haven't pursued this 'cause of the digital changeover, but that seems to have settled. So come on Virgin, let's have John Humphrey's in stereo without the hiss please!
mal4mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2011, 23:10   #64
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

If analogue TV has been switched off in your cable area the FM signal will have been switched off. All you will be receiving is a residual signal which the cable is picking up off-air and is not origionating from Virgin.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2011, 09:40   #65
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

That doesn't apply to Milton Keynes, it has different cable TV system technology
Old 26-08-2011, 09:48   #66
mal4mac
Inactive

mal4mac is an unknown quantity at this point

Analogue TV has not been switched off. I am getting excellent reception on the terrestrial channels that Virgin are meant to provide. I am pursuing Virgin themselves about this matter, but it takes a lot of bumping to get them up to speed any time MK is in question. See:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...-4/td-p/681837

They might have pulled the plug completely on radio, without mentioning it. They recently replaced Universal with ITV 2 without telling anyone!

I tried pulling the cable and Classic FM (usually 100%) disappeared. BBC Radio 2 comes in at 100% with cable, but only in mono. It is reduced to an unlistenable 33% without the cable. BBC Radio 3 & 4 usually come in at 66% in stereo with or without the cable!
mal4mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2011, 00:45   #67
neilgl
Inactive

neilgl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,
ditched all VM carp
ditched all Sky carp
now have Freesat (Humax HDR - excellent and Freeview DVD-R)
summary - a lot cheaper and much better picture quality.
Regards,
Neil
neilgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 23:39   #68
neilgl
Inactive

neilgl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,
nearly a year later

not missing any SKY carp at all

Also Freeview HD on new Samsung TV - all excellent