Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 80GB PS3 MGS4 & DS3 bundle (with PS2 BC) announced

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems

The Playstation Store UK

Old 29-02-2008, 21:02   #1
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Services: V + HD V Telephone V Cable 20MB
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze age
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze age
The Playstation Store UK

Haven't posted for a while but theres something I really need to rant about!!

The Playstation Store UK. Why do we the UK PS3 users as well as customers of SONY get such a krap deal when it comes to the The Playstation Store.

Why do we not have,

High Velocity Bowling
PAIN
Super Puzzle Fighter

And Many more.

I really do feel I'm getting riped!! Super Puzzle Fighters been out since November in the US!!!!!!

Is this fair? and Why????!!!!!

I do also have a USA account set it (not that I should have to) just so I can get some demos which again we the UK get bumped on. But I will not buy from the USA store as I think its a bit tricky to.

What do you think?

Dont SONY want my Busines?
STONEISLAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-03-2008, 02:03   #2
Tali
cf.addict

Tali has a spectacular aura about themTali has a spectacular aura about themTali has a spectacular aura about themTali has a spectacular aura about them
Re: The Playstation Store UK

How did you get around the address thing? It asks for a valid zip code. I would love to know how you did that so I can too
Tali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 02:48   #3
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by STONEISLAND View Post
Haven't posted for a while but theres something I really need to rant about!!

The Playstation Store UK. Why do we the UK PS3 users as well as customers of SONY get such a krap deal when it comes to the The Playstation Store.

Why do we not have,

High Velocity Bowling
PAIN
Super Puzzle Fighter

And Many more.

I really do feel I'm getting riped!! Super Puzzle Fighters been out since November in the US!!!!!!

Is this fair? and Why????!!!!!

I do also have a USA account set it (not that I should have to) just so I can get some demos which again we the UK get bumped on. But I will not buy from the USA store as I think its a bit tricky to.

What do you think?

Dont SONY want my Busines?

I think it must simply be that Sony hate Europe. I think they're actually worse than Nintendo.

Either that, or they're really really stupid, & for some reason don't mind treating their user base in Europe like crap.

See here for more evidence of them not giving a stuff about Europe:

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/18...undle-ps2.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tali View Post
How did you get around the address thing? It asks for a valid zip code. I would love to know how you did that so I can too

Well, you could just search the net for the US address of somewhere.

Or even give Beverly Hills 90210 a try, lol.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 04:00   #4
dev
Inactive

dev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond repute

kinda standard for any console, all consoles past, present and probably future will favour the japan market first then the US then europe and then finally australia
dev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 11:07   #5
STONEISLAND
Inactive

STONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tali View Post
Just google a hotel in USA and use that address dead easy.

I have a good mine to email watchdog to address this we are getting riped and it seems very unfair!!
Old 01-03-2008, 11:27   #6
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

I have also setup an american and japan account just to get the demos and videos. Just simply type in the address of a Hotel in the country like Stoneisland said.

As for the Euro PSN well they have said they are going to try do better this year. I know some of the updates have been poor and we have been shafted with some of the releases but this happens with most things. Europe just gets neglected.
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 23:34   #7
Tali
cf.addict

Tali has a spectacular aura about themTali has a spectacular aura about themTali has a spectacular aura about themTali has a spectacular aura about them

Set up a US account. Wow! There's loads more stuff on there. Japan here I come!
Tali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 11:53   #8
Tod
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - Tivo, TV XL, Broadband XL, Phone XL, Mobile
Tod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to all

Our biggest problem is we are in Europe, so everything we get needs to be translated into half a dozen other languages, and has to pass through each countries rules and regulations.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 16:22   #9
D_Skids
Inactive

D_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant future

I work in a company that deals with all of Europe and pushes software out to them.

We have to go through translations and rules and regulations but our time frame is measured in weeks not months!

I guarantee that when, for instance, Pain comes out we will be charged £10 compared to $10 dollars too. (If that is how much it is in the US)

More money for Sonys pocket!
D_Skids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 13:50   #10
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Skids View Post
I work in a company that deals with all of Europe and pushes software out to them.

We have to go through translations and rules and regulations but our time frame is measured in weeks not months!

I guarantee that when, for instance, Pain comes out we will be charged £10 compared to $10 dollars too. (If that is how much it is in the US)

More money for Sonys pocket!
It would be if it was out.

I also feel that the language thing is just an excuse. It never takes that long translating full game let alone a demo!!
Old 05-03-2008, 19:48   #11
shawty
Permanently Banned

shawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
It would be if it was out.

I also feel that the language thing is just an excuse. It never takes that long translating full game let alone a demo!!
Lets look at it another way.

Do you think the people at Sony are sat there laughing at the Europeans because they are all moaning about the PS store.

There has got to be a GOOD reason on why it is delayed/not released yet.
shawty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 19:56   #12
D_Skids
Inactive

D_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant future

If there is a GOOD reason, why don't they explain it to us?

I can't think of any good reason they can come up for explaining such a long delay. The game is already written so there are no development issues.

Is it right that there are already downloadable add-ons for it in the US.

If so, why are they not concentrating on out getting it out here rather than writing more stuff for it!

Old 05-03-2008, 21:16   #13
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawty View Post
Lets look at it another way.

Do you think the people at Sony are sat there laughing at the Europeans because they are all moaning about the PS store.

There has got to be a GOOD reason on why it is delayed/not released yet.
Europe does have the language thing to sort out and this does add time, However why not release the games to UK same time as America ? We usually get the same voice overs anyway and the language is the same.

Alomst Every game on the american PSN (Excluding PS1) works on our Console so why make us wait is a fair question. Sony choose not to answer it and thats why people keep asking. All we get is "we're going to try better this year".

I dont think any1 is saying Sony are sitting there laughing but neglecting part of there user base yes they are.
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 20:18   #14
STONEISLAND
Inactive

After another lame update of,
Theme: Graffitti Trailers: Wipeout HD, Drakes Fortune: Trailer Blu Ray Trailers: The Pursuit Of Happyness, Reign Over Me, Perfect Stranger Add-Ons: Guitar Hero III: Legends - No Doubt - Track Pack. Don't Speak, Excuse Me Mr & Sunday Morning - Flow Expansion Pack. Australia and New Zealand only music track: Krill - Shake It Up Ma

I have found an intresting qoute
Quote:
"Sony’s chief executive Howard Stringer has promised a flood of new games to boost PlayStation 3 sales. Speaking at Sony’s shareholder conference, Stringer said 380 new games will debut this fiscal year which will end in March 2008. 180 of those games will be Internet delivered, while the rest will be sold through game stores."
(june 2007)
http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/32563/98/

We were told by sony that we would get 180 PSN games by March 2008. That's one of the reasons some of us gave £400 to Sony.
Old 07-03-2008, 13:51   #15
D_Skids
Inactive

Quote:

We were told by sony that we would get 180 PSN games by March 2008. That's one of the reasons some of us gave £400 to Sony.
They better pull their fingers out then!