Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Can I use a BT Wireless Router for Virgin Broadband?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

V Stuff is Live

Old 06-04-2009, 16:12   #1
weesteev
Cable Guru

Services: Virgin Media Gig1 RFOG, TV360, Stream, GoFibre 1Gb
weesteev has reached the bronze age
weesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze age
V Stuff is Live

V Stuff mow appears to be fully operational today, im surprised no-one else has spotted this yet.

I have the unlimited tariff with 50Mb and so far have uploaded some 24Gb today, very quick transfer rates, all done in the background and auto sync's with any changes you make.

If anyone is using it then please share your experiences.

Access Network Innovation @ Liberty Global/Virgin Media

All comments are my own opinion and not a direct expression of LG/VM.
weesteev is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-04-2009, 16:55   #2
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Re: V Stuff is Live

Quote:
Originally Posted by weesteev View Post
V Stuff mow appears to be fully operational today, im surprised no-one else has spotted this yet.

I have the unlimited tariff with 50Mb and so far have uploaded some 24Gb today, very quick transfer rates, all done in the background and auto sync's with any changes you make.

If anyone is using it then please share your experiences.
This will be because most people don't care, and most people aren't on the 'unlimited tariff' and will get STM'd if they upload too much.

It's not possible to upload 24GB in a day on the XXL upload as it's such a joke so there has to be some compression in the background helping you out there or it's misreporting somehow.

Have to say I regard this as a waste of time and money, if VM want to impress me then rather than keeping useless project managers in jobs on crap like this they can work on the core aspects of the product, reliability and performance, performance especially being very sadly lacking in a number of areas.

Oh wait that's not 'cool' enough and doesn't allow willy waving emails like those we received advertising this rubbish. My mistake.

EDIT: Love the money grab sneaked into it:

Quote:
For just £5 a month you can upgrade to V Stuff Unlimited*

Giving you unlimited backup and storage allowance and 100 free** photo prints per month!
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 16:57   #3
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

The is a double page advert in The Times according to a couple of customers that have called in.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 16:59   #4
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moldova View Post
The is a double page advert in The Times according to a couple of customers that have called in.
If they put half as much effort into the core product as they do into PR... *sigh*

EDIT: The backup solution is a while label service from these guys: http://www.steek.com/
Old 06-04-2009, 17:08   #5
zing_deleted

just had a quick look and does this really only backup from default locations or am I missing a browse to file to upload link?
Old 06-04-2009, 17:09   #6
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadbandings View Post
This will be because most people don't care, and most people aren't on the 'unlimited tariff' and will get STM'd if they upload too much.

It's not possible to upload 24GB in a day on the XXL upload as it's such a joke so there has to be some compression in the background helping you out there or it's misreporting somehow.

Have to say I regard this as a waste of time and money, if VM want to impress me then rather than keeping useless project managers in jobs on crap like this they can work on the core aspects of the product, reliability and performance, performance especially being very sadly lacking in a number of areas.

Oh wait that's not 'cool' enough and doesn't allow willy waving emails like those we received advertising this rubbish. My mistake.

EDIT: Love the money grab sneaked into it:
Well that is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

However there are lots of people out there that will use the service and find it a great help. I for one will be using the photo printing offer a lot as I did on the old service.
Old 06-04-2009, 17:10   #7
zing_deleted

Its all done by snapfish now if you sign upto them you get loads of offers anyway. Does this give free prints every month? or is it a one off

50 free per month is good enough though

I use snapfish and they are very very good indeed compared to quick print supermarket jobbies
Old 06-04-2009, 17:16   #8
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

You get 50 free prints on XL for the first 12 months. First 3 orders are free postage too.
Old 06-04-2009, 17:17   #9
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Well that is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

However there are lots of people out there that will use the service and find it a great help. I for one will be using the photo printing offer a lot as I did on the old service.
Well at least staff seem enthusiastic about it. I personally would rather effort were expended on fixing the primary product than doing these 'value adds' that's all. I also find it concerning that this thing does automatic sync and await with some amusement people complaining that their HSI is running poorly and/or they've been STM'd due to this.
Old 06-04-2009, 17:18   #10
Pushkar
Inactive

Pushkar is just really nicePushkar is just really nicePushkar is just really nicePushkar is just really nicePushkar is just really nicePushkar is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinglebarb View Post
just had a quick look and does this really only backup from default locations or am I missing a browse to file to upload link?
Click on The Backup all Files/Folders (Orange one) and you can select a folder to upload.
Pushkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 17:22   #11
zing_deleted

arrr yes should have looked closer
Old 06-04-2009, 17:53   #12
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadbandings View Post
Well at least staff seem enthusiastic about it. I personally would rather effort were expended on fixing the primary product than doing these 'value adds' that's all. I also find it concerning that this thing does automatic sync and await with some amusement people complaining that their HSI is running poorly and/or they've been STM'd due to this.
I AM speaking as a customer and not a member of staff!!

There is nothing broken with the primary product.

opinions are like buttholes, everyones got one!
Old 06-04-2009, 18:24   #13
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I AM speaking as a customer and not a member of staff!!

There is nothing broken with the primary product.

opinions are like buttholes, everyones got one!
Of course not, it's perfectly fine that an VM release an online backup service with storage of 10GB on XL and automatic sync. That's great apart from that you can't upload to it during certain periods of the day as it will cause your connection to be throttled to 1/4th performance and the upstream rate is so low it will take an XL customer over 30 hours to fill their storage allowance.

There's my opinion, with a couple of examples. VM releasing this with a 2 page national newspaper ad on a broadband product with STM and poor upstreams is laughable, not that it's that great a launch it's just a French online backup service rebranded.
Old 06-04-2009, 18:25   #14
Toto
Inactive

Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal
Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal

Wow, a place to store her indoors photo's, hopes there's enough space
Toto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 19:15   #15
chickendippers
Inactive

Services: On-cable: TV-L, BB-L, Phone-M. Off-cable: Sky+ HD, Plusnet Unlimited.
chickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to chickendippers

OOh they've overhauled the help homepage too, that's a vast improvement. I hope they don't stop there and continue to improve the entire section, compared with Plusnet's it's dire and even Sky have better documentation.

I don't think I'll find a use for V Stuff, but I'm sure there are people who'll use it.
chickendippers is offline   Reply With Quote