Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Old 12-05-2015, 19:35   #1501
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Hi Jo, so nice to hear from you all again. We had a nightmare of a move. On the Monday of the week that we were due to move out, we found out that the house we intended to purchase, had no building regs. Our buyers were moving in on the Friday, we had no choice but to pull out of the purchase of the no regs house, rendering us, in effect homeless. We had to rent, another nightmare, the flat required an itinerary (not the correct word) to drawn up, then a gas certificate, they found a gas leak, all this prevented us from moving in on the Friday. So we went on a short break over the weekend. We had ordered £1600 worth of carpets for our intended house, and when we tried to cancel (on the same day order was placed) we were told we couldn't have the money refunded, only a credit note. I could go on and on, but I am very happy to say that all's well that ends well. We were very fortunate to find a modest little bungalow, just as well as Mr T had to have a complete knee replacement op, rendering him unable to climb stairs. I think fate finally took a hand, thankfully We are very happy now, and we have good neighbours, ah bliss.
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-05-2015, 20:14   #1502
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

That does sound like a nightmare move but so glad you ended up on the right side of good fortune. Getting good neighbours has to be the icing on the cake.

We only intended staying in our house for 5 years but kept putting off the move to a bigger and better home as we were soooo reluctant to move away from all our neighbours who, 40 odd years later, we now consider to be some of our closest friends. Which is really off topic as it should be in the Happy Thread.

Off to look unhappy as a penance.
Old 12-05-2015, 20:56   #1503
Tinky
To err is human

Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Better the devil you know eh Jo? We downsized moving from a 4 bed, 2 public, 2 garage, long driveway, to a 2 bed bungalow, no driveway but our Council tax is in a higher band......... don't ask
Old 13-05-2015, 00:07   #1504
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Drummers
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2015, 09:47   #1505
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky View Post
Thank you all for your sweet replies. I have not been around a lot recently as we have moved house. But I have been watching, maybe I can start posting again soon.
Nice to hear from you. Hope they can give you something to help, Take Care Nash
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2015, 11:09   #1506
Tinky
To err is human

Thank you Nash, I have an inhaler now, hope I am using it properly
Old 13-05-2015, 11:34   #1507
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

My Nan had to have an ECG done because of some breathing difficulties, apparently it showed some irregularities on it and then had a pain in her side. Being referred to the rapid chest pain clinic for further tests.

I know who I blame for this whole episode, my aunt who goes on at me for not stressing her out but it is fine for her to stress her out every day.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2015, 12:08   #1508
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

l am sorry to hear about your Nan Mark and l do hope there is nothing untoward or serious with her health.
Old 13-05-2015, 13:58   #1509
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Santander's website.

When I click "Log Off" I want to log off, not getting another page several seconds later asking me if I REALLY want to log off.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2015, 14:38   #1510
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2015, 15:54   #1511
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
Santander's website.

When I click "Log Off" I want to log off, not getting another page several seconds later asking me if I REALLY want to log off.
I really dislike the online banking service when that happens Taf, hope it's up and running fine for you now.
Old 13-05-2015, 16:20   #1512
Tinky
To err is human

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
My Nan had to have an ECG done because of some breathing difficulties, apparently it showed some irregularities on it and then had a pain in her side. Being referred to the rapid chest pain clinic for further tests.

I know who I blame for this whole episode, my aunt who goes on at me for not stressing her out but it is fine for her to stress her out every day.
Old 13-05-2015, 17:31   #1513
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
Santander's website.

What I really hate is HSBC trying to ram Trusteer Rapport down your throat. No I don't want a very suspect program that hooks the OS API's at the same level as viri and cripples the machine for all other functions. No way.

When it is hacked, as such a tempting target will inevitably be, the banks are going to <insert suitable word related to excrement> themselves and everybody who has installed it will have their bank details compromised.
Old 13-05-2015, 18:16   #1514
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

I don't think I would feel safe banking on line, it is better to talk face to face, I Don't like the hole in the wall either .
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2015, 18:28   #1515
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

I'm happy with on-line banking but I have my own precautions in place that I trust further than the banks. In 15 years only 5 odd suspect attacks all caught before they could gain access.

I am not complacent but knowing the machine, I trust my instincts.