Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 15-02-2015, 19:34   #5536
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Aye it's going to be ridiculous. Hopefully one more season with only a small rise before it goes to hell in 16/17
You would hope so Vince but don't bet on it.
Old 15-02-2015, 19:46   #5537
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Sky Sports customers set be hit with hefty price rises in the next few years.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/art...ague-deal.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...e-auction.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
we all knew it was going up
And that's why i have already researched my alternatives and how much it will cost me to have the kit installed

Quote:
Analysts reckon Sky customers would have to pay £10 per month extra if the full cost of the new Premier League deal was passed on
Industry experts do not expect the price hike to be so extreme
An initial rise of around £4 per month is expected
£4.00 a month extra for Sky sports is a bit to much for me. I can drop sky sports completely and cover my alternative for far less.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2015, 19:50   #5538
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
And that's why i have already researched my alternatives and how much it will cost me to have the kit installed

£4.00 a month for Sky sports is a bit to much for me. I can drop sky sports completely and cover my alternative for far less.
Totally agree , I'm already on a discounted package , at the time of renewal I'll be seeking another if not I guess the cord will be cut.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2015, 20:02   #5539
Superblade7
cf.geek

Services: Sky Q 2TB & Sky Q Mini (Box Sets with Cinema & Sports HD) with VM VIVID 100Mbps Broadband & M Phone
Superblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond repute

If it goes up by £4 on VM, Sky Sports in HD will be £40 a month on its own!

Think that really will be a step too far for many a sports fan!
Superblade7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2015, 20:19   #5540
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

They can shove a sports price increase right up their chocolate starfish!
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2015, 20:27   #5541
tvtimes
Inactive

Services: Sky entertainment, kids and HD package, Sky Fibre Unlimited broadband, XBOX one, PS4 and Android box
tvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Broadcast !!!!

Most of Sky's software releases introduce cost savings , examples of late are Sky Store resulting in the reduction of Sky Box Office capacity , better efficiencies in satellite broadcasting freeing up space , card pairing done by the box saving calls to customer services something that represented an extremely high percentage of the calls received.

I'm sure I read somewhere that moving to the cloud will also represent increased savings for Sky with a goal of moving to STB's without HDD's which are both cheaper to produce and less problematic in the field resulting in fewer engineer visits.

That was a genuine question by the way, so thanks for clearing that up
tvtimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2015, 22:03   #5542
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
You would hope so Vince but don't bet on it.
Sky knew this was a possible scenario and have steadily been rising their prices over the last few years. There won't be a sudden chunky price rise out of the blue, just the usual increases from all providers across all services every year.
The news that the Champions League will be charged separately by BT Sport raises the chances of BT Sport remaining in the XL pack for a bit longer.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2015, 22:18   #5543
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Personally l think Sky will up the sports prices by £3 to £4 each year in the next 4 years and that for some will still be the straw that breaks the camels back Andrew and if then there is still a strong possibility that Virgin customers will have to fork out even more for BT's Champions League football as well.
Old 16-02-2015, 22:31   #5544
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

I can't see Sky Sports going up that much directly because too many people would cancel so the result would be less money than lower increases.
Champions League remains a bit of a mystery to me - BT says it will charge more for it but I can't see people rushing to subscribe to it. Maybe BT will sell it with BT's HD fee and its proposed 4K service for an extra say £6pm. Don't know how that would impact VM customers though.
Old 17-02-2015, 11:27   #5545
tvtimes
Inactive

Services: Sky entertainment, kids and HD package, Sky Fibre Unlimited broadband, XBOX one, PS4 and Android box
tvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I can't see Sky Sports going up that much directly because too many people would cancel so the result would be less money than lower increases.
Champions League remains a bit of a mystery to me - BT says it will charge more for it but I can't see people rushing to subscribe to it. Maybe BT will sell it with BT's HD fee and its proposed 4K service for an extra say £6pm. Don't know how that would impact VM customers though.
Or maybe to push YV?
tvtimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2015, 12:08   #5546
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvtimes View Post
Or maybe to push YV?
Maybe but that would be a change of direction as BT has focused on broadband but not TV subscriptions.
Old 17-02-2015, 13:18   #5547
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Sky knew this was a possible scenario and have steadily been rising their prices over the last few years. There won't be a sudden chunky price rise out of the blue, just the usual increases from all providers across all services every year.
The news that the Champions League will be charged separately by BT Sport raises the chances of BT Sport remaining in the XL pack for a bit longer.
Quote:
Personally l think Sky will up the sports prices by £3 to £4 each year in the next 4 years and that for some will still be the straw that breaks the camels back Andrew and if then there is still a strong possibility that Virgin customers will have to fork out even more for BT's Champions League football as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
They can shove a sports price increase right up their chocolate starfish!
I dont care any more they can put the price up to what ever they want, i know the direction i am going in.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2015, 18:04   #5548
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Sky Sports has agreed a further one-season extension to its broadcast deal with the Football League.

Link
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2015, 18:28   #5549
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Yes it was inevitable that they were going to take up that extension MM.
Old 21-02-2015, 17:21   #5550
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Yip, get rid of all silly football rights and go back to the days of the videprinter(sp?) on Grandstand
Wasn't it called the Teleprinter??

Premier Sports ceased BARB reporting from 15 February just gone. One must assume that they do not feel it to be worth the fee in relation to the advertising that they get.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote