Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | BBC Forced to drop racist advert!!!!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

BBC Forced to drop racist advert!!!!
Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2017, 22:10   #16
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: BBC Forced to drop racist advert!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishMan View Post
I don't. So about the BBC's racist comment, how do you feel about it? I suspect most educated users here spotted my comment about wiki, then using a wiki quote. I guess it went over your head old fella.

An I'm no victim, I am English and very proud.

Oh an hugh, I first used this site around August 2007, you have contradicted yourself so much about your "Army history" An various other nonsense stories I am 100% sure I'm not the only one that thinks you're a prat..
Your posting style is very familiar 'Englishman'. Another month, another name, another diatribe..
Advertisement
Old 10-02-2017, 22:13   #17
EnglishMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Excellent - so you don't feel the need to justify hypocrisy; well done, you.

Regarding the advert, I think it was silly - however, you strike me as the sort of person, who, if someone else had complained about a similar ad about something else, would have called them a 'special snowflake' or 'over-reacting'...
At last an opinion, thankyou for your contribution and I agree it was at very least "silly and racist" but at worst intentionally intended to provoke racial hate.

---------- Post added at 22:13 ---------- Previous post was at 22:11 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Your posting style is very familiar 'Englishman'. Another month, another name, another diatribe..
What is your opinion on the BBC's racist advert?

Old 10-02-2017, 22:15   #18
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Really? Have people not got anything more meaningful to worry about?
Old 10-02-2017, 22:16   #19
EnglishMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Really? Have people not got anything more meaningful to worry about?

So a national broadcaster encouraging racial hate is not important? Virginmedia and Sky should refuse to carry BBC channels!!!

Old 10-02-2017, 22:28   #20
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
So a national broadcaster encouraging racial hate is not important? Virginmedia and Sky should refuse to carry BBC channels!!!
Steady on with the faux-indignation.

Racial hate? No, the advert (nothing wrong with it by the way) is about England, not the English.

I think this may suit your "persecuted Englander" complex a bit more.
Old 10-02-2017, 22:50   #21
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
The BBC was today forced to drop an anti English racist advert for Rugby. I always held the BBC in high regard, but this is disgusting and shocking! I never thought the BBC would be Anglophobic or promote Anglophobia.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...laints-racist/

You really do need to get a sense of humour IMHO. And yes, I'm English.
Old 10-02-2017, 22:59   #22
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishTrollMan View Post
There is only 4 real race classes on the planet.
What are they then?
Old 10-02-2017, 23:43   #23
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Where is your argument? I knew you would google the quote and expected your informed reply. But nothing? I feel let down by you, but then you're one of those old men trying to ruin the future of us young men. Is sitting on the internet quoting other peoples opinions really that satisfying? Because thats all you do, I on the other hand post my opinions, I'm a young positive forward thinking Englishman. Now go panic incase your benefits get sanctioned because everyone here knows you've been claiming them for years.
Answering your changed post re benefits.

Like the rest of your post, it's contiguousness with actuality is, at best, non-existent (and by the the way, by the use of this argument, you are showing who you really are, as it recycles a previous proposition you used before you were previously banned).

Of all the tosses I give, your comment on benefits I claim are not amongst them - but, if you want to have a fact-based discussion (difficult for you, I know), can I point out that this tax year I have probably paid more in tax and NI than you earned, with you being a low-level HMRC employee...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 11-02-2017, 01:06   #24
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

I smell a tweedle troll.

Baby, I was born this way.
Old 11-02-2017, 02:35   #25
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Is this thread for real?
Old 11-02-2017, 08:56   #26
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
I don't. So about the BBC's racist comment, how do you feel about it? I suspect most educated users here spotted my comment about wiki, then using a wiki quote. I guess it went over your head old fella.

An I'm no victim, I am English and very proud.

Oh an hugh, I first used this site around August 2007, you have contradicted yourself so much about your "Army history" An various other nonsense stories I am 100% sure I'm not the only one that thinks you're a prat..
Never been in the Army - I was in the RAF...

Once again, facts and your statements continue to avoid each other...

(tbf, I did live in an Army MQ in Kladow (Sakrower Kirchweg) in West Berlin for a couple of months in the 70s until we were allocated a RAF MQ at Gatow, so that may explain your confusion...).
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 11-02-2017, 10:18   #27
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

To be fair, as the article says: "Can imagine the fuss if the BBC put this out about Wales!"?

I think that the clip is out of line, but only because if any other group of people was substituted for 'English' then people would lose their minds and the BBC would be right there agreeing with them.

If it was nowadays acceptable to take the pee and have a laugh at another groups expense without someone getting on their high horse then this video would be perfectly acceptable but since various ideologies, both political and religious, seem to have made it their business to have a hair trigger regarding this kind of thing then they have spoiled it for everyone
Old 11-02-2017, 10:33   #28
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

It's about England, not the English.....people need to lighten up.
Old 11-02-2017, 10:35   #29
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Indeed there are far more serious things in life to think about then this.
Old 11-02-2017, 11:53   #30
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:
England and the English are fairly interlinked. It's tricky, if not impossible to take the mick out of one without, by extension, the other
Closed Thread