Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky Sports for free?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Sky Sports for free?

Old 24-01-2017, 08:27   #61
Synthetic
cf.geek

Synthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to all
Re: Sky Sports for free?

Quote:
Originally Posted by therock247uk View Post
Hope those who do have the channels double check when its ended or they will be charged everything VM do needs a engineer or a phone call to fix theres no automated anything on there service lol.
Wrong.

The channels will just be inaccessible once the 6 months is up, Virgin won't just automatically charge all their customers for Sky Sports.
Synthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-01-2017, 08:50   #62
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Shouldn't get billed as it doesn't even appear as a free item on the bill. It isn't on my most recent bill from yesterday.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2017, 11:53   #63
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

And I havnt asked for it or even had an email about it
Old 26-01-2017, 16:05   #64
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Still no email even though I've had the channels since the 1st weekend this offer started
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2017, 09:32   #65
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

When did the offer start Gavin?
Old 27-01-2017, 17:44   #66
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
When did the offer start Gavin?
15th Jan is when they appeared on my box
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2017, 07:19   #67
oliver1948uk
cf.geek

Services: VM Mix TV, 200 internet, basic house phone. Also Virgin mobile phone
oliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quads

Perhaps some people have opted out of being updated by email from VM so VM are not allowed to inform them of this offer
oliver1948uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 15:58   #68
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Just recieved the email and I believe the promotion ends next week!
Old 10-02-2017, 16:48   #69
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Keeo getting E mails telling I have this. Message to whom ever is sending tem

I DON`T WANT IT !!!!!!
Old 11-02-2017, 06:35   #70
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Ive only watched it once. The SD is terrible. Its like going back to watching tv in the 70's. I suppose Ive been spoilt over the years watching tv in HD and 4K.
Old 15-02-2017, 00:07   #71
mhatter67

Services: Big Kahuna, Phone XL, Boxnation

Quote:
Just recieved the email and I believe the promotion ends next week!
Got the email today and it's not the end of watching Sky Sports if you don't want it to, I clicked on the promotional link and now have it for a year at half price!
Old 15-02-2017, 09:42   #72
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Only in SD or do you have to pay extra for the HD version?
Old 15-02-2017, 09:51   #73
mhatter67

Services: Big Kahuna, Phone XL, Boxnation

Quote:
Only in SD or do you have to pay extra for the HD version?
Only SD unfortunately, but it is still half price!
Old 18-02-2017, 10:12   #74
bargepole
cf.member

Services: Virgin 150meg, VM phone, Virgin TV XL , V+, Tivo, Virgin mobile
bargepole is an unknown quantity at this point

Thinking of getting the half price sky sports offer but does anyone know if taking it ties you into your Virgin contract for another 12 months? I believe you can cancel sky sports with 30 days notice. Just don't want to be locked into my Virgin contract for another 12 months.
bargepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2017, 16:05   #75
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargepole View Post
Thinking of getting the half price sky sports offer but does anyone know if taking it ties you into your Virgin contract for another 12 months? I believe you can cancel sky sports with 30 days notice. Just don't want to be locked into my Virgin contract for another 12 months.
As a broad rule of thumb... premium channels can all be cancelled anytime with 30days notice.

However - if you get premium channels bundled into your package to get a discounted price, then cancelling any part of that package does run the risk of losing any or all discounts.

VM-staffers on here can probably confirm better..
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote