Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Has a new SW file been sent to Hub2 ac users?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Has a new SW file been sent to Hub2 ac users?

Old 08-02-2017, 18:37   #31
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one
Re: Has a new SW file been sent to Hub2 ac users?

Same here after a reboot
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtho782 View Post
I'm on a SH3, have moved from 330 to 345.

You might have to reboot the SH3. I did.
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-02-2017, 18:59   #32
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

download has increased upon reboot but upload is the same.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 17:04   #33
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtho782 View Post
I'm on a SH3, have moved from 330 to 345.

You might have to reboot the SH3. I did.
345Mb is a step further than any others reported here. Has anybody else been boosted to that?
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 17:17   #34
davedap
Inactive

davedap is an unknown quantity at this point

tried rebooting mine and that has also gone to 345MB dwn
davedap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 17:55   #35
alanbjames
R.I.P.

alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

yes 345 here
Old 10-02-2017, 19:24   #36
Skie
a giant headend

Skie has reached the bronze age
Skie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze age

I wonder if they are trying to stress test the network in preparation for something?
Skie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 20:25   #37
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedap View Post
tried rebooting mine and that has also gone to 345MB dwn

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbjames View Post
yes 345 here
Interesting! Stress testing? Surely if they were stress testing they would've gone to 400Mb of something similar. Given that 300Mb users are in the minority I doubt if upping is by an additional 15 or 28 Mb will stress the system that much. In any case they already did 400Mb proof of concept trial some years ago in my area, before network upgrades. I was one of the lucky trialists.

I'm prepared to be corrected, but isn't there something else going on?
Old 11-02-2017, 00:21   #38
Onramp
Inactive

Onramp will become famous soon enoughOnramp will become famous soon enoughOnramp will become famous soon enough

"Average Network Speeds are Improving(TM)" ...?

..Not bad at all for those on a relatively un-contested, though!
Onramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 17:27   #39
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Has anyone noticed a weird pattern to their Thinkbroadband graphs since the upgrade?

Heres mine...

Old 11-02-2017, 17:58   #40
Onramp
Inactive

Onramp will become famous soon enoughOnramp will become famous soon enoughOnramp will become famous soon enough

Looks like that Intel PUMA fix is definitely going to be needed at some point soon...
Onramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 19:35   #41
nallar
Inactive

nallar is an unknown quantity at this point

Been seeing worse congestion than usual since around the time of the change: https://smokeping.allan.scot/smokepi...in.Renf-Switch

Could just be a coincidence.
nallar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 00:10   #42
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

I don't think they're stress testing anything, I am 90% sure they're increasing the overhead so the ASA doesn't bitch slap them. For virgin to advertise 300Mbit, 10% of customers need to actually get that speed - so they over-provision to make sure it happens.

It's why upload speeds are barely overprovisioned at all, because they're not headline speeds.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 13:24   #43
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan View Post
I don't think they're stress testing anything, I am 90% sure they're increasing the overhead so the ASA doesn't bitch slap them. For virgin to advertise 300Mbit, 10% of customers need to actually get that speed - so they over-provision to make sure it happens.

It's why upload speeds are barely overprovisioned at all, because they're not headline speeds.
Interesting view point that seems to account for the modest increases. I am wondering why some have been boosted to 335 max traffic rate whilst others are up to 345Mb.

The upstream config is over-egged to the point that I always get > 20Mb.
Old 16-02-2017, 05:36   #44
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

Upload Config update for VIVID 300

From Max Traffic Rate 21000000 to

Last edited by Martin_D; 16-02-2017 at 05:52.
Martin_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2017, 09:33   #45
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

That's an odd little number, isn't it. Would have just expected 22000000.

Still, any increase is good!
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote