Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Youtube issues. Is this still a thing?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Youtube issues. Is this still a thing?

Old 19-10-2016, 15:39   #31
Gobble
cf.addict

Services: Gig1 SH4-AX86U, Stream
Gobble is just really niceGobble is just really niceGobble is just really niceGobble is just really niceGobble is just really niceGobble is just really nice
Re: Youtube issues. Is this still a thing?

I get this on my phone YouTube app as well. If I disconnect from Wifi and use my 4G signal, reloading the video will bring it straight up.
Gobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-10-2016, 11:06   #32
eightace
Inactive

eightace is an unknown quantity at this point

Virgin cache Youtube content so set up your browser to disable DASH and that will take care of desktop and laptop. Also can block the caching servers via your router.

I block all URLs with r1.sn-8pgbpohxqp5-h5os in the address and it seems to work for my Ios devices.

Found this in the Virgin media forum BTW.
eightace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2016, 18:30   #33
Synthetic
cf.geek

Synthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to all

Doesn't disabling DASH remove some higher quality options on youtube? Will have to give this a go when I get home, cheers for the heads up
Synthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2016, 13:54   #34
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

I haven't had any more issues with YT lately.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2016, 15:49   #35
JayAy
Inactive

JayAy will become famous soon enoughJayAy will become famous soon enoughJayAy will become famous soon enough

Looks to me like our old friend the peering bump is coming back. It's all been flat on the TBB ping monitor until Tuesday this week and now the evening bump is back just like before. So has something been happening that's been too subtle to show on TBB before this week but still enough to impact some users, like me, and now it's getting up steam for a full blown issue again?

I've put some snapshots in the Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results thread.
JayAy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2016, 19:48   #36
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Could be local congestion.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 14:39   #37
Jon22
cf.addict

Jon22 is on a distinguished roadJon22 is on a distinguished road

Sorry to bump this, but is anyone else having issues with Youtube buffering again? I've tried to play multiple videos and they all buffer for ages, even on a low quality setting.
Jon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 15:12   #38
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Yes it's all fallen apart up here this afternoon, within the past hour in fact.
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 16:16   #39
Jon22
cf.addict

Jon22 is on a distinguished roadJon22 is on a distinguished road

Seems to have improved a bit. Vidoes are starting in HD, as the auto setting now, was struggling with even 240p before.
Jon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 20:14   #40
Synthetic
cf.geek

Synthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to all

Yep issues here again too
Old 07-02-2017, 20:43   #41
jcm193
cf.addict

jcm193 will become famous soon enoughjcm193 will become famous soon enoughjcm193 will become famous soon enough

Ive been having issues for the last couple of days especially with 4k video`s iam on 300 mbps
jcm193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 08:35   #42
Synthetic
cf.geek

Couldn't even get a 1080p video to load at all last night, waited a good 10 minutes for it (while we did other things!)
Old 09-02-2017, 00:24   #43
SirThomas
cf.addict

Services: Vodafone 80x20 Backup, MixTV & V6, Vivid 350, Hub3 & RT-AC87u
SirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really nice

I have always had strange issues with YouTube on virgin.

Videos seem to play for a few seconds and then stop, never to continue. A reload of the page fixes it, but annoying nonetheless - The same never applies when using my backup BT connection (and that's only a 3/4meg line!)

Fishy indeed...
SirThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 12:12   #44
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

I have never really noticed slow buffering on my connection, even back in the pre-50Mb days.

Watching YouTube 1080p, similarly, I have never had problems with slow buffering.

I think I have always been blessed with a good connection, low latency / bufferbloat. My residential area is suburban, but not high density, presumably leading to relatively low congestion.

Last edited by roughbeast; 09-02-2017 at 13:25.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2017, 21:45   #45
Aye Up
Barking up the wrong tree

Services: VM Gig1
Aye Up will become famous soon enoughAye Up will become famous soon enoughAye Up will become famous soon enough

Was in Wearside area over the weekend, experienced no buffering, was on a 50Mb connection too.

I hope Baguley area in Manchester isn't affected.
Aye Up is offline   Reply With Quote