Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Youtube issues. Is this still a thing?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Youtube issues. Is this still a thing?

Old 23-09-2016, 16:19   #16
Daz555
Inactive

Daz555 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Youtube issues. Is this still a thing?

Still same issues here for me in Bristol.
Daz555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-09-2016, 16:53   #17
matt-h
Inactive

Services: SkyHD , VM BB 60Mb
matt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant future

Same

Was okay yesterday but today it's back to same old song and buffering dance.

matt-h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2016, 15:03   #18
JayAy
Inactive

JayAy will become famous soon enoughJayAy will become famous soon enoughJayAy will become famous soon enough

Also noticing buffering of Youtube but not with the classic Ping monitor "shape" that we have seen on previous occasions.
JayAy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2016, 10:23   #19
Synthetic
cf.geek

Synthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to all

Still issues here as of yesterday
Synthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2016, 13:21   #20
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

I think I am beginning to see some of this as well. It's not problematic, but whereas previously everything would immediately jump to 1080p, I've had the odd video take a few seconds to start and then start at 360p or some such.

Having said that, manually selecting 1080p still seems to work. Might have just been a peak time bump.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 21:42   #21
Neo-Tech
Inactive

Neo-Tech is on a distinguished roadNeo-Tech is on a distinguished road

I'd also like to chime in with issues of YouTube buffering. I click on a video, the wheel spins for what seems like an eternity then it starts streaming at the lowest quality possible.

It's becoming quite frustrating. Does anyone have any temporary fixes I can try besides from using a VPN?
Neo-Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 21:56   #22
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I had the same problem when the thread started a couple of weeks ago but it was fixed within a few days and is fine now.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 23:31   #23
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold

Been having this problem on and off for a while too.
I've noticed it only seems to affect the 2.4g wifi signal - 5g works fine. Sadly not all my devices have 5g WiFi though
Inactive Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 09:44   #24
Synthetic
cf.geek

Synthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to all

Still getting this problem, spoke to VM CS who just asked me to do the usual reboot stuff, then offered to send a tech out which I refused as it would be a waste of time.

Is there any other way we can get someone "higher up" to look into this?
Old 04-10-2016, 10:03   #25
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inactive Digital View Post
Been having this problem on and off for a while too.
I've noticed it only seems to affect the 2.4g wifi signal - 5g works fine. Sadly not all my devices have 5g WiFi though
I downloaded the WiFi Analyzer app and found two other VM routers using the same channel as mine - I guess setting the channel to Auto does something different to what I expected. Manually setting the channel seemed to sort out the YouTube problems - so I guess my problem may be a different one to others.
Inactive Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2016, 21:25   #26
JayAy
Inactive

JayAy will become famous soon enoughJayAy will become famous soon enoughJayAy will become famous soon enough

Getting really annoying now. Youtube buffering is appalling. What's the best way to bypass the cache servers that VM use to see if that's the problem?
Old 14-10-2016, 10:18   #27
Synthetic
cf.geek

Mine had been ok for about a week but I noticed last night it was back to being unwatchable again.

Not congestion as speedtests shows the full 211/12
Old 18-10-2016, 12:28   #28
tidder23
cf.member

tidder23 is on a distinguished roadtidder23 is on a distinguished road

try a different web browser ????
firefox for me takes 30 seconds to run a video but Chrome is instant
tidder23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2016, 21:35   #29
JayAy
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tidder23 View Post
try a different web browser ????
firefox for me takes 30 seconds to run a video but Chrome is instant
Chrome is my default browser. I basically see the same with Firefox and Edge too.
Old 19-10-2016, 09:12   #30
Synthetic
cf.geek

My issues are with Chrome as well, browser doesn't seem to make a difference