Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media 70, 150 & 200 Mb Upgrades

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Virgin Media 70, 150 & 200 Mb Upgrades

Old 18-08-2015, 00:08   #16
RainmakerRaw
cf.addict

Services: Gig1
RainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of lightRainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of lightRainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of lightRainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of lightRainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of lightRainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of lightRainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of light
re: Virgin Media 70, 100 & 200 Mb Upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan View Post
I doubt the 300mbit is going to apply to existing modems, so my relatively educated guess is the trial is a new Superhub, one that probably is capable of 16 Downstream channels with 12 being active for the initial rollout. There may be other features on the hub such as VOIP, but I have no doubt in my mind that the trial is for a new hub and the hub is required for 300Mbit.

I think 200Mbit will be the highest the SH1/SH2 will go on Virgin's network, at least officially.
Yeah that's what I thought. Fingers crossed for some improvements. Only one way to find out.
Advertisement
Old 18-08-2015, 00:34   #17
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

It could just be a coincidence that this upgrade news comes out on the same day as some of the people find out that they have been chosen to trial a new piece of hardware... Maybe not?

Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2015, 00:49   #18
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

The fact that Virgin's slowest speed is 25% faster than BT's and Sky's top speeds is an impressive figure and one that I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot of in the future... unless Openreach can quickly do something similar?
1andrew1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2015, 01:04   #19
Harryn9000
cf.geek

Services: Virgin 500MB BB , VM V6 x2, XL tv, Xl Phone Superhub 3
Harryn9000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I'm gonna get full benefit then I wonder when I'm gonna get my new modem
Harryn9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2015, 01:18   #20
telfordcable
cf.mega poster

Services: 5G Three 599/21
telfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
And the upload speeds?
Current Package: 50Mbps [3Mbps Upload]
New Speed: 100Mbps (6Mbps Upload)

Current Package: 100Mbps [6Mbps Upload]
New Speed: 200Mbps (9Mbps Upload)

Current Package: 152Mbps [12Mbps Upload]
New Speed: 300Mbps (15Mbps Upload)
telfordcable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2015, 01:22   #21
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

5,10,15 too boring?
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2015, 01:31   #22
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by telfordcable View Post

Source?
Old 18-08-2015, 01:34   #23
telfordcable
cf.mega poster

Services: 5G Three 599/21
telfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecart

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
5,10,15 too boring?
Virgin Media still traffic management on upload, 6, 9 and 15 from October
telfordcable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2015, 01:50   #24
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

taking 1 meg from the lower tier and putting it on the middle tier isn't going to kill the network is it?
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2015, 02:43   #25
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by telfordcable View Post

This information is incorrect the Upload information will be given around october time.
Martin_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2015, 05:52   #26
broadbandking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media V6 XL TV - 1Gb Broadband
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Source?
Don't you know Telford is secretly the CEO of Virgin Media, I am welcoming and extra 100mb on my download speed
Old 18-08-2015, 09:29   #27
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Source?
His rear end.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2015, 10:15   #28
Carlos Carboni

Am I correct to say that SB2ac can be maxed out @450Mbits/sec?
Old 18-08-2015, 10:49   #29
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadbandking View Post
Don't you know Telford is secretly the CEO of Virgin Media, I am welcoming and extra 100mb on my download speed
Oh i know he lives under a bridge.

---------- Post added at 09:49 ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan View Post
His rear end.
Probably, that is why i asked for a link.
Old 18-08-2015, 10:51   #30
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Dee 11 View Post
This information is incorrect the Upload information will be given around october time.
As I understand it 6 / 12 / 16-20 is more likely.

---------- Post added at 09:51 ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos Carboni View Post
Am I correct to say that SB2ac can be maxed out @450Mbits/sec?
You can get 400Mb/s of useful throughput out of it but it's not advisable to go beyond 200Mb. If someone is on 300Mb and locked to 8 channels they will be eating, in full, 6 of them, leaving 100Mb for everyone else on that 8.

Makes the statistical contention get messy.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote