Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Tivo and Slingbox

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Tivo and Slingbox

Old 08-02-2012, 10:26   #16
adamjseed
Inactive

adamjseed is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Tivo and Slingbox

Hello all,

Can I ask whey the HDFury box is needed? wont a HDMI to component work for the slingbox solo? (sorry if this is a really obvious answer)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...A2RCXAQDK3T42M

I dont have a tivo box but just have a standard V+ box, would the Neet HDMI splitter and the cable above allow me to use a Slingbox solo all the time? or is the best option to upgrade to tivo then use scart to the Slingbox Solo and HDMI to the tv?
adamjseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-02-2012, 12:48   #17
steveh
Inactive

steveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjseed View Post
Can I ask whey the HDFury box is needed? wont a HDMI to component work for the slingbox solo? (sorry if this is a really obvious answer)
HDMI from the V+ is digital. The Slingbox only accepts analogue. You need a device to do the conversion, like the HDFury, not just a cable to connect them.

I did try component video from the SCART socket on a V HD box to a Slingbox Pro's "HD" input using their dongle adapter thingy, hoping it might give a better picture than composite, but it failed to work. Probably with the bandwidth available on most Slingbox connections across the Internet you don't really gain much by component anyway.
steveh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2013, 16:02   #18
nick.king
cf.addict

nick.king is an unknown quantity at this point

Set the Slingbox HD Pro up yesterday, because of the shape of the TiVO it's a proper pain to locate the IR sensor correctly. How have other people got around this (pics if possible)?
nick.king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2013, 23:02   #19
toady
cf.geek

Services: A mix of XXL and XL
toady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud of

I have my IR sensors just sitting in the front

Blimey there is a load of dust on top of my TIVO, will have to have a word with her WMBO
toady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2013, 10:44   #20
nick.king
cf.addict

Never thought of that, thanks :-)
Old 17-05-2014, 09:47   #21
grp
Inactive

grp is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys. I am going to buy either the slingbox 350 or 500 to connect to a Virgin Tivo box. I would appreciate any tips on the best way to go. Thanks in advance Guys
grp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2014, 11:40   #22
trickytree
cf.addict

Services: VVIP500
trickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about them

I have a slingbox not sure of model number but the scart version.
Works perfectly on my laptop.
Have not quite brought myself to fork out for the app version as it seems pricey.
trickytree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 10:47   #23
k19thm
Inactive

k19thm is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi can anyone help me as I'm not that clued up when it comes to connections....
I recently had my Slingbox M1 connected to my Virgin Tivo box via scart lead but I recently upgraded to the new Virgin V6 box which has no scart lead & I don't have a clue what to do, can anyone advise me plase.
k19thm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 11:29   #24
nick.king
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by k19thm View Post
I recently had my Slingbox M1 connected to my Virgin Tivo box via scart lead but I recently upgraded to the new Virgin V6 box which has no scart lead & I don't have a clue what to do, can anyone advise me plase.
I'm not sure there is anything you can do, it's one of the reasons why we haven't upgraded the TIVO in the front room.

You can stream from the V6 using the TV Anywhere app but I've not tried this away from home.
Old 07-02-2017, 11:40   #25
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Streaming recordings from the V6 to the app only works on your home network.

You can download recorded shows from the V6 to the app to watch outside the home, but the channels and shows allowed for downloading aren't always the same as for streaming.
Old 07-02-2017, 11:41   #26
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by k19thm View Post
You can get an HDMI to SCART convertor box off Amazon and you'll probably need an HDMI splitter as well. The V6 only has a single HDMI output and the round SCART is not functional.

Just make sure that it really is an active convertor and downscaler device and not just a lead adaptor.

This has come up several times so other members may be able to advise on what they used.
Old 07-02-2017, 13:28   #27
k19thm
Inactive

k19thm is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
You can get an HDMI to SCART convertor box off Amazon and you'll probably need an HDMI splitter as well. The V6 only has a single HDMI output and the round SCART is not functional.

Just make sure that it really is an active convertor and downscaler device and not just a lead adaptor.

This has come up several times so other members may be able to advise on what they used.
Thanks for your help, the virgin tv anyway up wont work in Spain which is why I bought the slingbox which was great until I upgraded to the V6
k19thm is offline   Reply With Quote