Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 21-02-2017, 20:38   #2926
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Having signed up for info on the new TiVo I still haven't received any emails from VM about it

How do I get marketing emails? the only ones I ever get from them are price increases
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-02-2017, 21:28   #2927
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
Having signed up for info on the new TiVo I still haven't received any emails from VM about it

How do I get marketing emails? the only ones I ever get from them are price increases
If you want a V6, ring Customer Services and ask for one.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2017, 21:51   #2928
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
If you want a V6, ring Customer Services and ask for one.
Not in a major rush yet given it would be £100 per box as I don't have the correct BB speed to get them for £50
Old 22-02-2017, 08:36   #2929
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Not in a major rush yet given it would be £100 per box as I don't have the correct BB speed to get them for £50
I don't think the system worked as well as it should have and I doubt that you will be hearing from them now, so the only way to get your V6 is to take the initiative and ask for one. So when you are ready to proceed, go for it, Tiger!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2017, 11:47   #2930
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I don't think the system worked as well as it should have and I doubt that you will be hearing from them now, so the only way to get your V6 is to take the initiative and ask for one. So when you are ready to proceed, go for it, Tiger!
I don't think it worked at all, OB lol
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2017, 12:07   #2931
albertsteptoe
Inactive

Services: Full House XL,Gamer 200MB Sky Q Silver.
albertsteptoe is on a distinguished roadalbertsteptoe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_gain View Post
The remote might not be in IR mode so amp may not be receiving commands.
How do I check if remote is in IR mode. been trying all night to get remote to work with amp as my Sony remote is old & doesn't control volume or mute any more, I need a new remote for TiVo V6 and my amp can anyone recommend one not to expensive.
albertsteptoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2017, 14:09   #2932
mike_gain
Inactive

mike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertsteptoe View Post
How do I check if remote is in IR mode. been trying all night to get remote to work with amp as my Sony remote is old & doesn't control volume or mute any more, I need a new remote for TiVo V6 and my amp can anyone recommend one not to expensive.
Ben has advised that the remote will still send IR signals for volume functions even when the remote is not in IR so not much point in switching to IR mode. However your remote is in IR mode if it can't operate your TiVo when line of sight between it and your tivo is blocked.

On the subject of alternatives the entry level lochitech Harmony 300/350 would do the job. It will turn on all your stuff with one button press. They cost around £25-£30.
mike_gain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2017, 14:14   #2933
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertsteptoe View Post
Does the V6 remote control your TV ok? Long press on Standby button will turn the TV off if it is set up.

I may be wrong but I think you need to first set the V6 remote up to work your TV then program it for your amp. That's what I did anyway.
Joedm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2017, 09:57   #2934
albertsteptoe
Inactive

albertsteptoe is on a distinguished roadalbertsteptoe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
Does the V6 remote control your TV ok? Long press on Standby button will turn the TV off if it is set up.

I may be wrong but I think you need to first set the V6 remote up to work your TV then program it for your amp. That's what I did anyway.
Hello Joedm. not tried setting it up to control Tv yet, ill try that some time today.

---------- Post added at 08:57 ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_gain View Post
Ben has advised that the remote will still send IR signals for volume functions even when the remote is not in IR so not much point in switching to IR mode. However your remote is in IR mode if it can't operate your TiVo when line of sight between it and your tivo is blocked.

On the subject of alternatives the entry level lochitech Harmony 300/350 would do the job. It will turn on all your stuff with one button press. They cost around £25-£30.

Thanks for that mike , ill look into that after I try what Joedm45 advised.
Old 23-02-2017, 21:07   #2935
mhatter67

Services: Big Kahuna, Phone XL, Boxnation

Sorry I know probably this has been asked before on this thread, but recordings on the new v6 box can you archive recordings off to say a DVD recorder like the old TiVo?
Old 23-02-2017, 21:36   #2936
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhatter67 View Post
Sorry I know probably this has been asked before on this thread, but recordings on the new v6 box can you archive recordings off to say a DVD recorder like the old TiVo?
I'm sure someone asked about that ages ago and you can't do it
Old 23-02-2017, 23:43   #2937
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
I'm sure someone asked about that ages ago and you can't do it
As there's no (active) SCART on the V6 I'm not sure how you could connect it to an external recorder
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2017, 23:47   #2938
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

If you also have an older TiVo, you could use multi-room streaming to archive via it
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2017, 07:51   #2939
albertsteptoe
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post

Joedm45 took your advice have now got the remote controlling my amp.
Thanks for everyone's advice.
Old 24-02-2017, 07:58   #2940
mhatter67

Services: Big Kahuna, Phone XL, Boxnation

Thanks everyone as I suspected no direct way way of recording off the new V6 to external recorder

Looks like I am stuck with the old TiVo until our DVD recorder dies and goes to that great AV equipment graveyard in the sky, for the record it is 12 years old