Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media website taken down[merged]

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Advert withdrawn from TV!!!

Old 10-05-2012, 15:17   #1
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one
Advert withdrawn from TV!!!

Does anyone know has the Virgin Media advert on TV with Hussan Bolt been withdrawn due to complaints from the public - pricing untruths (or bull****). Come on VM get it right.
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-05-2012, 15:21   #2
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Advert withdrawn from TV!!!

I'd expect they stopped because the campaign ended, rather than anything else. Virgin are now onto the David Tennant adverts
Old 10-05-2012, 15:22   #3
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard s View Post
Does anyone know has the Virgin Media advert on TV with Hussan Bolt been withdrawn due to complaints from the public - pricing untruths (or bull****). Come on VM get it right.
Don't use words that invoke the site swear filter, or asterisks to avoid the swear filter - this is against Site T&Cs.

Repetition of this behaviour will invoke the infraction system.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 15:42   #4
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard s View Post
http://www.mirror.co.uk/money/city-n...ble-rap-824488
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 16:22   #5
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

When quoting offer prices, don't Sky(and others?) do exactly the same thing? Eg Sky 6 months free deal says elsewhere that you still have to pay Sky Line rental.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 16:46   #6
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
When quoting offer prices, don't Sky(and others?) do exactly the same thing? Eg Sky 6 months free deal says elsewhere that you still have to pay Sky Line rental.
Yes, so I await the ruling that says they must do the same thing

---------- Post added at 15:46 ---------- Previous post was at 15:45 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Except the ad wasn't withdrawn because of the ruling
Old 10-05-2012, 17:06   #7
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Yes, so I await the ruling that says they must do the same thing

---------- Post added at 15:46 ---------- Previous post was at 15:45 ----------

Except the ad wasn't withdrawn because of the ruling
Care to point out were I said it was , the article I posted was just a related story to the OP's thread.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 00:04   #8
Helix
cf.addict

Services: Full House Bundle with Tivo V6
Helix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really nice

I remember Virgin used to include the line rental prices, but then as Sky didn't it made them look more expensive. So they copied Sky.
Helix is offline   Reply With Quote