Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Unemployment is rising

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Unemployment is rising
Closed Thread

Old 15-03-2012, 10:28   #61
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Unemployment is rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Fry View Post
What would it be for you?
Perhaps we will have to wait till 2020 for you to actually give us a answer to the question Hugh and others asked.
Old 15-03-2012, 10:28   #62
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Alan - no, I am asking you for the area you live in....
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 15-03-2012, 10:31   #63
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
But it will be different depending on the area you live in, and the lifestyle you're accustomed to.

how much do you need so we can compare it to Alan's?
Old 15-03-2012, 10:36   #64
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Quote:
You mean Hampsted?

That will mean I will have to ask people like this couple

Her husband is very keen on her privacy and even she is not exactly going to give info on what she buys at the local shop to a stranger is she

What I do know is that are worth £120 Million
Old 15-03-2012, 10:39   #65
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
You mean Hampsted?

That will mean I will have to ask people like this couple

Her husband is very keen on her privacy and even she is not exactly going to give info on what she buys at the local shop to a stranger is she

What I do know is that are worth £120 Million
Strange how you can't spell where you allegedly live......-
Old 15-03-2012, 10:45   #66
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Quote:
Strange how you can't spell where you allegedly live......-
House prices have sharply risen since I bought a house there, sory about the spelling mistake

But you can see how hard my job would be asking people how much you need to earn to get a comfortable lifestyle, but I would think they would earn more than enough

By the way are you close personal friends with Charles Saatchi?
Old 15-03-2012, 13:15   #67
LexDiamond
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD, Sky Unlimited BB and Sky landline
LexDiamond has reached the bronze age
LexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze age

Alan, what you need to understand is that living comfortably is not earning a wage to be able to have everything you want but being able to actually meet your needs from what you do earn.

Maybe you are very well off or from a wealthy family so haven't seen the realities of life but the truth is, and any introductory micro economics book will confirm this, that there are only finite resources for infinite wants. People have to make do. Not just now or since the recession but since forever. Its how people have always lived.

I'm sorry but your assertions in this thread have been ridiculous.
Old 15-03-2012, 14:41   #68
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexDiamond View Post
Alan, what you need to understand is that living comfortably is not earning a wage to be able to have everything you want but being able to actually meet your needs from what you do earn.

Maybe you are very well off or from a wealthy family so haven't seen the realities of life but the truth is, and any introductory micro economics book will confirm this, that there are only finite resources for infinite wants. People have to make do. Not just now or since the recession but since forever. Its how people have always lived.

I'm sorry but your assertions in this thread have been ridiculous.
My family cosists of Middle Class people from India (My parents), but me and my family have a rather humble background, unlike this person

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]

and for god sake I have seen realities of life (unlike a lot of CF users)

It is about time more people got a decent salary (enough for a comfotable lifestyle), capitalism and democracy is not working and needs reform, yes there is finite resources, but more of it should be with us and not the rich, business and poltical elite
Old 15-03-2012, 15:54   #69
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

I blame the outmoded political and economic system........
Old 15-03-2012, 16:01   #70
LexDiamond
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD, Sky Unlimited BB and Sky landline
LexDiamond has reached the bronze age
LexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
It is ludicrous to expect to be paid a wage in a Mac Job that would give enough money to own a house, car, fancy TV etc. If the burger bar paid that wage then it would be so collossally expensive to eat there that most could not afford it and the joint would go out of busness pronto.

@Alan before you make the ridiculous assertion, as I KNOW you will, that everybody will be soo well paid that they would be able to afford it, go and look up inflation.

Only here?
You were right
Old 15-03-2012, 16:43   #71
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
My family cosists of Middle Class people from India (My parents), but me and my family have a rather humble background, unlike this person

and for god sake I have seen realities of life (unlike a lot of CF users)

It is about time more people got a decent salary (enough for a comfotable lifestyle), capitalism and democracy is not working and needs reform, yes there is finite resources, but more of it should be with us and not the rich, business and poltical elite
You do realise that when /if you ever have children (god forbid) they will come from the same sort of back ground as all the wealthy people that you insist are the spawn of the devil

Old 15-03-2012, 16:50   #72
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
You do realise that when /if you ever have children (god forbid) they will come from the same sort of back ground as all the wealthy people that you insist are the spawn of the devil
I do have children and hopefully grandchildren, Paris Hilton is a great grand-daughter of the person who made the family rich

I am not a rich person, but a fairly well off person, while the Hiltons are worth billions
Old 15-03-2012, 16:52   #73
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
I am not a rich person, but a fairly well off person, while the Hiltons are worth billions
non-specific answers rears its ugly head again....
Old 15-03-2012, 16:54   #74
ntluser
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Telephone,TV with Tivo box & Superhub3 upto 150Mb Broadband, Sky World, & Freeview+
ntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of society
Smile Re: Unemployment is rising

The problem is that in order to generate growth you need to have lots of workers.

Unfortunately,firms cannot afford to employ enough workers firstly because workers cost too much and secondly because managers have been overpaid disproportionately since 1997 at least.

The result is that though workers are better paid there are fewer of them and they have to work a lot harder to maintain output and growth.

What we need to is to redress the pay balance so that outgoings are reduced and wealth is more equally distributed thereby allowing firms to employ the maximum number of workers it can afford on a reasonable wage and reduce the workload on each worker to a less stressful but more productive level.

Having high wages is not much good if you also have high prices and a stressful work-style to go with it.

Given the state of our overpriced economy and the various black holes in government funds especially pensions, we as a nation need to be looking at ways to make the cost of government, industry and commerce a lot less.

China got all the work by having the cheapest costs. Workers need to realize that it is better to be paid a moderate wage and have a job than to demand a higher wage and have no job. Even the banks are getting rid of staff now, all in pursuit of profits.

Unemployment will continue to rise because as costs rise fewer workers can be employed and currently there is no cohesive plan involving government, employers, unions and workers to drive down costs in a systematic manner which also protects the most vulnerable in society.

What we need from government and the heads of industry and commerce is leadership by example but sadly this has been lacking.Before long, there will be insufficient people working and then the leaders will not be able to pay themselves the big salaries, pensions and bonuses they do at present because the money will just not be there. Worse, all the unemployed will be looking round for someone to blame and we all know where the fingers will be pointed.

It's time for some action now before it is too late.
Old 15-03-2012, 16:58   #75
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
I do have children and hopefully grandchildren, Paris Hilton is a great grand-daughter of the person who made the family rich

You don't know if you have grandchildren?

On a more serious note, what do you mean by 'fairly well off', please - capital assets, properties, salary levels, or what?
Closed Thread