Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Quickest way to get an install done?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues

Virgin Complaints Department Worse than Customer Service!

Old 14-02-2010, 12:07   #1
wilsky
Inactive

wilsky is an unknown quantity at this point
Virgin Complaints Department Worse than Customer Service!

If you thought customer service was poor then wait until you have to speak to these guys at the complaints department.

Actually I must say that the Indian Call centre wipes the floor with the UK call centre and the UK customer service call centre wipes the floor with the complaints department.

I had one guy "paul" who was sending emails and telling me he will be with me in a minute and complaining that he hadn't called me back due to all the complaints he had.

I understand he is snowed under so I didn't make a fuss about things. He never did the things I asked him. Such as sending a copy of the contract I had signed that stated I had signed up to ADSL instead of Cable. Funny that as I am sure I signed up for the Cable service. Ah well, at least the dear was trying and he did call me back eventually.

He even said that if I had any more complaints to give him a call back and he will deal with it.

I though I wouldn't need to, but the very next day I did. I requested a call plan a month or so earlier and it hadn't been put on and I had been charged for the calls. So, I tried to get in touch with Paul.

I got through to a horrible woman called "Gill". She turned the simplest of tasks into the most arduous of mountains. All I wanted to do was speak to Paul. Apparently he was off on holiday so I asked if she could pass a message to get him to call back.

She wanted to know the ins and outs of everything. I politely sated that all I am asking is that she give Paul my details as he was dealing with me and stated to give him a call if I needed anything.

Oh, that was it, she started throwing the law at me. Claimed it was impossible to pass this message on due to "Data Protection Laws". She wasn't too keen when I explained the data protection act to her. And that it is not possible to be in breach of data protection as I am not requesting any data. Her response was to continue arguing with me.

Seriously, if anyone from Virgin can point out why I would be in breach of the data protection act by giving my name and mobile number and asked to be called back. Seriously.

Her attitude absolutely stank, even when she knew she was wrong about the act she then changed it to being "against company policy". What actually gives here? Its against company policy to ask someone to call you back whom you were previously dealing with?

I asked to speak to her manager. Apparently there was nobody there! It was at this point I got rather sarcastic with her. I asked if she got lonely on her own.

I shouldn't have done, but hey, she was giving it to me and besides her job is to deal with complaints, not actually cause them and is she is unable to do this then she needs to get a different kind of job.

Naturally her manager never did call back. But if she thinks I am going to leave it there she is mistaken. On monday I will be back on the phone and speaking to her manager and cancelling all my services with this company.

I don't see why I should pay money to be spoken to in the way I was by someone in the complaints department when I all I was trying to do was get someone to call me back who I was previously dealing with. I don't care what offers they throw at me.

Their call charges are through the roof, they are no longer the cheapest, their TV service is poor and whilst their Internet may be the fastest (overall) its often the slowest at peak times (when you use it most) - See SamKnows if you don't beleive me.

So I am off to Sky. I never thought I would as I hate Murdoch. However I am not going to be insulted and ridiculed by a company that provides a sub quality service and awful customer service and have to pay extra for it.

8 years of NTL gone, caused by three events in short time. All of which I was prepared to sweep under the carpet. But "Gill" managed to be the straw that broke the camels back.

Bye Bye Virgin.
wilsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-02-2010, 12:40   #2
4romseyavenue
Inactive

4romseyavenue has a spectacular aura about them4romseyavenue has a spectacular aura about them4romseyavenue has a spectacular aura about them4romseyavenue has a spectacular aura about them
Re: Virgin Complains Department Worse than Customer Service!

firstly I do not work for Virgin, secondly I think you have the attitude problem, are you lonlely!

What sort of thing is that to say, rude yes, threatening possibly, I am not surprised she was off with you.

Instead of spending time venting fury just leave Virgin, I work for a contact centre (not Virgin) and people with your attitude is getting more and more common.

When she said he was not available why did you not just call back later, no I expect you wanted to give grief to the adviser.

I have had problems with Virgin over the years but they have always been resolved, never has an adviser been rude to me. It usually follows when the caller is off with them that is the point they react.

I am sure Virgin will not miss you.
4romseyavenue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2010, 12:49   #3
superbiatch
Inactive

Services: Sky+, Sky Broadband and Talk
superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star
superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to superbiatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4romseyavenue View Post
firstly I do not work for Virgin, secondly I think you have the attitude problem, are you lonlely!

What sort of thing is that to say, rude yes, threatening possibly, I am not surprised she was off with you.
He did state that her attitude stunk before this point and she was being completely unhelpful in his defence, although I wouldn't recommend going down this route

Staff are trained to deal with all kind of cranks and at the end of the day they can put the phone down. She should have done that instead of resorting to an argument with a customer where the end result is nobody wins
superbiatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2010, 12:57   #4
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

If only you'd sought CF's help first...

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2010, 13:52   #5
Jules
Inactive

Services: Don't have a clue any more.
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars

I had reason to complain last year and it was dealt with very quickly and politely
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2010, 14:13   #6
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Wilsky, I am confused. Your problem is important enough that you wish to complain. However, it is not important enough to warrant having to explain it to someone else and you would rather wait until the person dealing with it is back (which might be weeks away). Yet you are threatening to leave over it, but it's apparently not important enough for you to call back yourself.

As for the DPA violation, I think you have misunderstood. You would not be violating the DPA. However, if she passed the message on and the other guy opened up your account, that might cause VM to violate DPA. I don't know thair procedure and rules, but it may be against them to open a customer's account details without justifiable cause, and a several week old note or email may not be justifiable cause.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2010, 17:55   #7
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

I think sometimes a small minority of customers, of any company, forget that it's another human at the end of the 'phone.

Most conveniently forget to mention how rude they were to the call centre operative when saying they have been spoken to rudely. The CSR has nothing to gain from being deliberatly rude.

I'm always polite even when I'm upset about something when dealing with call centre staff... after all it wasn't that persons fault there was a problem!

I've never had a problem getting refunds or issues sorted out by being nice... most CSR's will go ther extra mile if you are nice... you generally get company "policy" if you are rude.

Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2010, 18:34   #8
wilsky
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4romseyavenue View Post
Pot Kettle Black.

Quote:
What sort of thing was what? You mean asking for Paul to call me back?

Or the part where i should tolerate her condescending attitude, especially when she quoted "laws" at me when all I asked was to simply get Paul to call me back. For your information she was off from me the moment she picked the phone up.

Quote:
Instead of spending time venting fury just leave Virgin, I work for a contact centre (not Virgin) and people with your attitude is getting more and more common.
I will be doing don't worry. And this is a forum designed to vent fury in case you haven't noticed. Perhaps people such as myself wouldn't have this attitude if

a) You were polite
b) You actually "LISTENED" to what people say.
c) You showed any kind of empathy or, shock, common sense.

Oh, BTW if you don't like people with our "attitude" then don't go venting your fury on a forum, get another job.

Quote:
When she said he was not available why did you not just call back later, no I expect you wanted to give grief to the adviser.
Because "there is no-one here", or "they are all in meetings" is 8 times out of 10 a pack of lies. It is standard for Call Centre staff to say this.

However she was not "Call Centre" staff, she was in the complaints department. She gets paid to deal with people with my "attitude" and with people with complaints. To actually cause one due to her attitude makes one wonder if she is actually in the right job.

Quote:
I am sure Virgin will not miss you.
Obviously not with their attitude.

---------- Post added at 17:34 ---------- Previous post was at 17:23 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
I think sometimes a small minority of customers, of any company, forget that it's another human at the end of the 'phone.
I agree. But the same can be said for certain call centre staff

Quote:
Most conveniently forget to mention how rude they were to the call centre operative when saying they have been spoken to rudely. The CSR has nothing to gain from being deliberatly rude.
Which is why I could not understand her? I was more than polite. The issue with her asking questions was that she butted in when I tried to answer them. I really do think she got out off the wrong side of the bed.

Let's not forget that I was speaking to complaints and asking if one of the representatives I had been dealing with previously was available. It wasn't rocket science.

For instance at one paint she was saying she couldn't tell me if Paul was available until I have explained to her what my complaint was about. Or when I tried to explain he had asked me to call back she stated "yes, but how do I know who you say you are".

Either way, she was totally unprofessional and confrontational when he role in the organisation isn't a CSR, she was supposed to be an experienced complaint handler and she didn't have the first grasp of basic manners or knowledge of the law she was throwing in my face.

Rule one of complaint managing surely is not to be defensive and take things personally, ESPECIALLY when the person on the other end of the phone is asking for something extremely simple.

Quote:
I've never had a problem getting refunds or issues sorted out by being nice... most CSR's will go ther extra mile if you are nice... you generally get company "policy" if you are rude.

No, you get company "policy" when the CSR has backed themselves into a corner and refuses to acknowledge they are wrong or back down.
Old 14-02-2010, 18:43   #9
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Re: Virgin Complaints Department Worse than Customer Service!

Ok... this is a help forum though and not a venting forum... no point in winding yourself up more.

Why didn't you let the lady help you? The other guy might of been out of office for a few days and therefore cause more problems as you'd be waiting for a call-back.

She was doing her job by trying to help you.
Old 14-02-2010, 18:45   #10
wilsky
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart C View Post
Wilsky, I am confused. Your problem is important enough that you wish to complain. However, it is not important enough to warrant having to explain it to someone else and you would rather wait until the person dealing with it is back (which might be weeks away). Yet you are threatening to leave over it, but it's apparently not important enough for you to call back yourself.
No, my problem was her attitude from the moment she picked the phone up. When I made the call I wasn't expecting it, not one bit. I thought at first someone was having a laugh with me. I did try and explain the complaint to her, for about 5 minutes until her rudeness and lack of "listening" skills got the better of me. The complaint was quite complex in nature (Which I tried to explain, but, hey lets just throw a law in someones face). Hence I did not have a "Account Number" for this complaint as it involved a new install for this service. When I said I did not have an account number she said "Well you cannot be one of our customers then".

And it was this presumptuous nature and hostile tone that really got my back up.

Quote:
As for the DPA violation, I think you have misunderstood. You would not be violating the DPA. However, if she passed the message on and the other guy opened up your account, that might cause VM to violate DPA. I don't know thair procedure and rules, but it may be against them to open a customer's account details without justifiable cause, and a several week old note or email may not be justifiable cause.
Hmm, the guy who would have opened my account would not have been breaching the DPA as he was well aware of who I was as we was having a laugh and a chat at the end of the call and it was only the day before we was speaking. Even then he didn't have to open the account, he could have called me and gone through the DPA then!

I think it is important to stress that all I had done was ask if he was available when she threw the DPA at me!!

---------- Post added at 17:45 ---------- Previous post was at 17:43 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
Ok... this is a help forum though and not a venting forum... no point in winding yourself up more.

Why didn't you let the lady help you? The other guy might of been out of office for a few days and therefore cause more problems as you'd be waiting for a call-back.

She was doing her job by trying to help you.
The thing was, she wasn't trying to help me! Sincerely, all I asked was if someone was there! And went all Ninja Lawyer on me! Sheesh!
Old 14-02-2010, 18:53   #11
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsky View Post
No, my problem was her attitude from the moment she picked the phone up. When I made the call I wasn't expecting it, not one bit. I thought at first someone was having a laugh with me. I did try and explain the complaint to her, for about 5 minutes until her rudeness and lack of "listening" skills got the better of me. The complaint was quite complex in nature (Which I tried to explain, but, hey lets just throw a law in someones face). Hence I did not have a "Account Number" for this complaint as it involved a new install for this service. When I said I did not have an account number she said "Well you cannot be one of our customers then".

And it was this presumptuous nature and hostile tone that really got my back up.

Hmm, the guy who would have opened my account would not have been breaching the DPA as he was well aware of who I was as we was having a laugh and a chat at the end of the call and it was only the day before we was speaking. Even then he didn't have to open the account, he could have called me and gone through the DPA then!

I think it is important to stress that all I had done was ask if he was available when she threw the DPA at me!!

---------- Post added at 17:45 ---------- Previous post was at 17:43 ----------

The thing was, she wasn't trying to help me! Sincerely, all I asked was if someone was there! And went all Ninja Lawyer on me! Sheesh!
Well if she was rude, then I'm sorry that happened to you.... maybe she was worried when you didn't have an account number or reference causing her to quote DPA??

I'm guessing here...

When was this anyway?
Old 14-02-2010, 19:05   #12
Welshchris
Permanently Banned

Services: 50mb Cable, L TV and Phone XL.
Welshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful one

U think CSR r rude? try dealing with chief execs office LOL!

Virgin are fine aslong as u dont complain about ur service, i had one bloke after 5 months keeping on at them to sort my connection and them promising to do so ring me up, shout at me and basically tell me to go elsewhere...

Being me i lost my temper and told him that if he was here id break nose and that was the ONLY! way my problems got sorted.

I even got a full and complete appology from the CEO Office for that.

Dont take my route as it wasnt the best way to deal with it i can honestly say but when u do get some moron shouting at u over the phone and not listening to u when its their job and blaming u for contacting them EVEN THO! u recieved emails from their collegues to ring the office then it does get ur backup.

Put a complaint in here .....
http://www.ispa.org.uk/complaints/page_40.html

Fill in the form, someone from the CEO office will ring u within 5 days.
Welshchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2010, 19:12   #13
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshchris View Post
U think CSR r rude? try dealing with chief execs office LOL!

Virgin are fine aslong as u dont complain about ur service, i had one bloke after 5 months keeping on at them to sort my connection and them promising to do so ring me up, shout at me and basically tell me to go elsewhere...

Being me i lost my temper and told him that if he was here id break nose and that was the ONLY! way my problems got sorted.

I even got a full and complete appology from the CEO Office for that.

Dont take my route as it wasnt the best way to deal with it i can honestly say but when u do get some moron shouting at u over the phone and not listening to u when its their job and blaming u for contacting them EVEN THO! u recieved emails from their collegues to ring the office then it does get ur backup.

Put a complaint in here .....
http://www.ispa.org.uk/complaints/page_40.html

Fill in the form, someone from the CEO office will ring u within 5 days.
Welshchris... you are not helping here... going off all guns blazing doesn't do anybody any good and nobody should be threatening to smack someone in the nose
Old 14-02-2010, 19:14   #14
Welshchris
Permanently Banned

Services: 50mb Cable, L TV and Phone XL.
Welshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful one

reread what i said again did i tell them to do that, did i go off guns blazing NO!?

Just like a Virgin employee to twist what was said its u that isnt helping

i said DONT! do what i do

And i posted a link to ISPA where the person could make a complaint.
Welshchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2010, 19:15   #15
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

The OP was upset about this and came on here to vent... vent done... I suggest he/she goes through the company complaints procedure first, should they wish to take it any further.