Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Phone rings once then stops

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Other Telco Services Discussion

Witheld Calling Codes

Old 24-08-2007, 16:02   #1
AndrewJ
Inactive

AndrewJ has a nice shiny star
AndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny star
Witheld Calling Codes

Hey all.

I wish to know the code to disable a BT phone from dialing out withheld.

I am aware of 1470 before dialing number but would like the permenant shut up code for it.

Thanks.
AndrewJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-08-2007, 16:11   #2
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
Re: Witheld Calling Codes

Have a look here. Don't know if it's got the code you want but it seems quite a comprehensive list of the BT codes available.
Old 24-08-2007, 16:17   #3
AndrewJ
Inactive

AndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny star

Damn that one I want isn't there which is basically the totally turn off Withheld Caller ID whenever it calls out.
Old 24-08-2007, 16:33   #4
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars

Have I understood this right? Do you want to completely withhold your number all of the time?

If so, I'm sure that BT can apply this to your line if you call and ask for it - I don't think they charge either. If it's the other way around, and you want your number to be visible, I would suggest (again) giving BT a call.

BTW I think 1470 unblocks the number (ie. it allows your number to be seen by the person you're calling) 141 is the code that witholds your number.
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2007, 16:48   #5
AndrewJ
Inactive

No

Right.

Currently said phone witholds its number all the time 1470 permits call id to show for that call only.

I am after a code to show caller ID all time.
Old 24-08-2007, 17:20   #6
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewJ View Post
I am after a code to show caller ID all time.
Think you'll need to be talking to BT then, AFAIK that's not something that consumers are able to change.
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2007, 18:16   #7
AndrewJ
Inactive

Ok thank you.
Old 05-09-2007, 21:35   #8
dragon
Inactive

dragon has reached the bronze age
dragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
Think you'll need to be talking to BT then, AFAIK that's not something that consumers are able to change.
Needs to be changed in data on the exchange, As Raistlin said give BT a call should be something they can do quickly and easily.
dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 21:45   #9
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon View Post
should be something they can do quickly and easily.
LoL
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 21:54   #10
dragon
Inactive

dragon has reached the bronze age
dragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeph View Post
LoL
Providing the CSR in the callcenter knows what they are doing and has access to the relivent system its a simple case of pressing a few buttons on a computer.
dragon is offline   Reply With Quote