Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Adding NTL email account to Microsoft Outlook 2007

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service > Webspace, E-Mail & Browsing Issues

Passwords - Netscape 7 - addtional accounts

Old 20-01-2007, 14:31   #1
Emrys Batchelor
Inactive

Services: Broardband
Emrys Batchelor is an unknown quantity at this point
Passwords - Netscape 7 - addtional accounts

Good Day Helpers!

I use Netscape 7.02 and its Mail set ups.

A couple of months ago I added two additional accounts for other family members. However, although the master account is all OK when one clicks on the other profiles to have full email use the 'enter password' email pop-up window does not appear.

We are receiving incomming emails but do not have the ability to compose and send messages.

Does any member have a solution to our problem?

Many thanks
Emrys Batchelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-01-2007, 16:25   #2
Emrys Batchelor
Inactive

Re: Passwords - Netscape 7 - addtional accounts

I see no one has been able to provide an answer to my problem.

Is that because it is nor clear or nobody is able to provide a solution?
Old 29-01-2007, 18:28   #3
Chris W
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Broadband Size M
Chris W has a nice shiny star
Chris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Chris W

Not many people use nutscrape 7 so there probably aren't many who can help although your question is clear to me

I myself am not sure how netscape works, presumably the email client is seperate to the browser??

I suspect it isn't prompting for the password because it is saved.

How would you normally compose a new message? Can you reply to a message you receive? If not, when you try and send it what error message do you get?
Chris W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2007, 20:04   #4
Emrys Batchelor
Inactive

Hello Chris

Many thanks for your responce.

1. Netscapes email client is seperate to the browser.

2. Form what I understand, a password for a new adress could be saved but ids not in this instance.

3. The named 'user'/ profile is able to receive messages.

4. A new message is composed individually in each 'profiled' named user, which is OK. However, instance a message can be composed but not sent.

4. The error meaasage we get when sending is:

"Send Messaging Error

An erroe occurred seding mail. Unable to connect to the STMP server. The server may be down or incorrectly configured. Please verifi that your Mail/News account settingare correct and try again."

5. The orginal NTL emailing profile works fine for sending/recieving. Its the other named profiles that are unable to send messages.

Hope this info is of use.

Regards.
Old 29-01-2007, 20:11   #5
Chris W
cf.mega poster

Chris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny star

hmm.

check that the outgoing mail server for all of the accounts is set to

smtp.ntlworld.com

do you have antivirus software that scans outgoing messages? If so try disable the outgoing message scanning in this and retrying
Old 29-01-2007, 20:51   #6
Emrys Batchelor
Inactive

Smile Re: Passwords - Netscape 7 - addtional accounts

Chris

STMP was set to atmp.ntlworld.com and port 110 for all profiles.

I switched off the outgoing AV.

Went back into one of the troublesome profiles - (in my 'main profile) an 'enter Password' window pops up but not an any others?

Getting a bit tired for now so please excuse my time out.

That for your suggestions thus far.
Regards
Old 29-01-2007, 21:03   #7
Chris W
cf.mega poster

the port number should be 25 for outgoing mail, and 110 for incoming mail (with the address of pop.ntlworld.com)

somewhere in the settings there is a "remember password" option as well, so if you unselect that it should prompt you for passwords on all accounts
Old 30-01-2007, 21:01   #8
Emrys Batchelor
Inactive

Chris

All up and running.

FYI. re: outgoing server 'smtp.ntlworld.com' was set to STMP !! (finger trouble)

I have left port blank. checked pw/username box.

Done several trials and all looks ok.

Many thanks for your help in the meantime.
Kind regards
Old 31-01-2007, 00:58   #9
Chris W
cf.mega poster

cool