Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | which ps3 to buy?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems

which ps3 to buy?

Old 30-09-2008, 06:51   #1
dgardner

which ps3 to buy?

Hi,
I am looking to buy a ps3 and was wondering size hard drive to go for.
I won't playing online games or using it to download stuff just playing games and watching films.
Would it really be worth it to go for a large hard drive or just go for the cheapest?
Any help would be appreciated.
Advertisement
Old 30-09-2008, 09:04   #2
WHISTLED
Inactive

WHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of society
Re: which ps3 to buy?

Well you have basically just said you wont be using the hard drive for much - Go for the cheapest.
WHISTLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2008, 09:44   #3
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Services: V + HD V Telephone V Cable 20MB
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze age
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze age

I would go for the exclusive 160GB that way when you come to sell you will not lose so much money. Plus you get some free download content.
Not sure when its out though.
STONEISLAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2008, 10:16   #4
alexcopeland
Inactive

Services: Talk Weekends SupreFibre 70
alexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to behold

The latest 80GB console also includes the new dualshock 3 controller. These retail at 40quid each when sold separately.
alexcopeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2008, 14:18   #5
i-Set

like you said you just wanna play games and watch movies...there was the 40gb which ive got btw on the cheap for 150 quid but thats another story lol

go for the 80gb which is more than enough even if you want to store demos and songs and videos...80gb will last you plenty of time...previous answers haven't delved into the fact that you can easily replace the hard drive of a ps3...so when the 160b is not enough for some people what next huh...get an 80gb mate and when time comes you can stick in a tb hard drive

p.s why dont u wanna play online...thats the beauty of the ps3 isnt and its free...i never play by myself...
Old 30-09-2008, 19:26   #6
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I wanted a Backward compatiable one to play some of my PS2 games, but Sony don't want us to have it.

So I bought a Xbox 360, never looked back.
Old 30-09-2008, 21:35   #7
shawty
Permanently Banned

shawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
I wanted a Backward compatiable one to play some of my PS2 games, but Sony don't want us to have it.

So you bought an Xbox 360 which also cant play your PS2 games.
shawty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2008, 21:38   #8
CHiLL
cf.geek

Services: Sky+ TV and Virgin Media 10MB Internet.
CHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post

The more expensive version is backwards completable.
CHiLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2008, 21:38   #9
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by chill View Post
The more expensive version is backwards completable.
... and was discontinued late last year...
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2008, 21:40   #10
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawty View Post
So you bought an Xbox 360 which also cant play your PS2 games.
Classic reply
Saaf_laandon_mo is offline   Reply With Quote