Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Season 2017/2018

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport

Season 2017/2018

Old 14-09-2017, 20:21   #361
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Season 2017/2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeb View Post
I'm sure they won't dissapoint you on that one
Well if its the Everton of tonight that turns up then Jims beloved will have a stroll.
Old 14-09-2017, 20:29   #362
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 V6 running 360. 500mb BB, Phone line, mobile simm.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

After Van Gaal and De Boer perhaps going Dutch is not the best option.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2017, 20:32   #363
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom View Post
After Van Gaal and De Boer perhaps going Dutch is not the best option.
But we were told by all the great wise football sages that they were tactical masters.
Old 14-09-2017, 20:38   #364
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Video appeared earlier showing roughly 20,000 Koln fans on the streets of London despite a ticket allocation of 2900 and there's currently an ongoing issue at the Emirates as it's clear more than 2900 are inside the stadium and are spread out all over the place, thus crowd segregation is an absolute mess, Riot police are doing the best they can.

Game was delayed till 21:05pm but could seriously be abandoned if this can't be resolved, their fans are going on absolutely ridiculous.
Old 14-09-2017, 20:38   #365
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Sounds like a major cock at The Emirates, Cologne fans all over the ground, not just in the away block.

Abandon the game and award the points to Arsenal.
Old 14-09-2017, 20:42   #366
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Sounds like a major cock at The Emirates, Cologne fans all over the ground, not just in the away block.
Surely the police would have some prior intelligence gathering that that 20,000 German fans were coming over?.
Old 14-09-2017, 20:51   #367
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Thought I heard someone in the BT studio say it was the first time Cologne have been in European competition for forty years, find that surprising but let's hope it's another forty if this is how they behave.

Just checked, it's 25 years since they played in Europe.

Last edited by iadom; 14-09-2017 at 20:55.
Old 14-09-2017, 20:57   #368
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Thought I heard someone in the BT studio say it was the first time Cologne have been in European competition for forty years, find that surprising but let's hope it's another forty if this is how they behave.

Just checked, it's 25 years since they played in Europe.
Very sad indeed as l remember Tony Woodcock playing for them all those years ago.
Old 14-09-2017, 21:16   #369
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

I have a season ticket and headed home because of the delay, looks like I made the right decision given what it's like instead the stadium. UEFA need to take action.
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2017, 21:18   #370
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Arsenal have questions to answer too. The club staff that is, not that actual team. A flare in the away section, who'd have thought they'd bring flares? cracking job at the turnstiles.

Empty seats all over for a game I presume was sold out too. I hope they find at least a few members that sold their tickets to Koln fans.
Old 14-09-2017, 21:20   #371
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Arsenal have questions to answer too. The club staff that is, not that actual team. A flare in the away section, who'd have thought they'd bring flares? cracking job at the turnstiles.
Yes that too. I think they knew, hence the delay in opening the stadium, but decided going ahead was the least worse option rather than dispersing the fans.
Old 14-09-2017, 21:23   #372
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:

Empty seats all over for a game I presume was sold out too. I hope they find at least a few members that sold their tickets to Koln fans.
Amazing when you consider what is spent on players in that that cannot do a proper search and security job on supporters coming into the stadium.
Old 14-09-2017, 21:24   #373
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

I absolutely hope this turns into a 5-1 turnaround and they go home crying.

---------- Post added at 21:24 ---------- Previous post was at 21:23 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Amazing when you consider what is spent on players in that that cannot do a proper search and security job on supporters coming into the stadium.
It's mostly individual lazy employees, those higher up can't be blamed. I'll get stopped for a can of coke at Newcastle and my mate behind me will just cosy on through with his. Although I work in the industry I was always told it was to stop you throwing it at players and safety reasons and never really found out why because you can purchase bottles inside which weigh the same if not more...
Old 14-09-2017, 21:30   #374
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
I absolutely hope this turns into a 5-1 turnaround and they go home crying.

---------- Post added at 21:24 ---------- Previous post was at 21:23 ----------

It's mostly individual lazy employees, those higher up can't be blamed. I'll get stopped for a can of coke at Newcastle and my mate behind me will just cosy on through with his. Although I work in the industry I was always told it was to stop you throwing it at players and safety reasons and never really found out why because you can purchase bottles inside which weigh the same if not more...
They take the cap off bottles inside stadiums to make it harder to throw
Old 14-09-2017, 21:32   #375
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
They take the cap off bottles inside stadiums to make it harder to throw
TIL, it's been ages since I purchased one in the ground to realise this. Although I've spent a lot of time in hospitality areas for work and you they just have it buffet layout up there and you just grab any drinks from the fridge as it's unlikely Peter Beardsley is going to be throwing a bottle.