Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 02-11-2017, 19:04   #3301
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

One last question Rob, one of my V6 boxes still isn't connected to the internet, but I am still able to access Netflix, how can this be?
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-11-2017, 19:13   #3302
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

If you can access Netflix through the V6 app then the V6 must be connected to your home network and hence to the Internet.
What makes you think it's not connected? What does the V6 Network Status say?
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 20:29   #3303
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
If you can access Netflix through the V6 app then the V6 must be connected to your home network and hence to the Internet.
What makes you think it's not connected? What does the V6 Network Status say?

I accessed Netflix through the app on my smart TV, not via the app on the V6, the two red lights are still on the V6, one of them is the WiFi icon which I understand means that the V6 has lost connection with the internet, so it's rather strange that I can still access Netflix, albeit via the app on my smart TV, I've just checked the Network Status and it's definitely not connected.
Old 02-11-2017, 20:50   #3304
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
I accessed Netflix through the app on my smart TV, not via the app on the V6, the two red lights are still on the V6, one of them is the WiFi icon which I understand means that the V6 has lost connection with the internet, so it's rather strange that I can still access Netflix, albeit via the app on my smart TV, I've just checked the Network Status and it's definitely not connected.
Your TV is connected to the WiFi, which is separate from the connection (or otherwise) that your V6 has.

From what you've said I suspect there may be a strange Wi-Fi interference problem in your home. It's not going to be easy to track down, though. Maybe try turning the hub through 90 degrees or move it sideways a little. Even small changes can make a significant difference to signal radiation paterns.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 21:00   #3305
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Your TV is connected to the WiFi, which is separate from the connection (or otherwise) that your V6 has.

From what you've said I suspect there may be a strange Wi-Fi interference problem in your home. It's not going to be easy to track down, though. Maybe try turning the hub through 90 degrees or move it sideways a little. Even small changes can make a significant difference to signal radiation paterns.
Got you, I was kind of thinking that way, but to be honest wasn't at all sure, thanks for keeping me straight on this, really appreciate all the help I've had from you and Robbo, my Hub 3 is quite a bit away from my main TV and I'm going to connect the V6 to the 2.4GHz connection, the same as I have done for the TV in my other room, which is now working fine. I've moved my hub a little bit so I'll see if that makes a difference, thanks.
Old 02-11-2017, 21:13   #3306
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Got you, I was kind of thinking that way, but to be honest wasn't at all sure, thanks for keeping me straight on this, really appreciate all the help I've had from you and Robbo, my Hub 3 is quite a bit away from my main TV and I'm going to connect the V6 to the 2.4GHz connection, the same as I have done for the TV in my other room, which is now working fine. I've moved my hub a little bit so I'll see if that makes a difference, thanks.
Wi-Fi is a complete minefield , what Robbo has told you is spot on. 2.4GHz generally has greater reach the only issue with 2.4GHz is it's generally more congested than 5Ghz if you have plenty of neighbours using Wi-Fi. Things such as cordless phones and microwaves can also cause interference on 2.4Ghz.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 22:20   #3307
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Hello all,

Got my new v6 and its incredible how quick it is compared to the old tivo. Difference of night and day. I already had a Superhub 3 (i asked for it in an email thinking i was getting something better- i had a superhub 1 tho so it was getting on a bit) my speed fluctuates wildly but not as bad as other people are saying. I'm getting over 218mb on a saturday and a ping of 13.. I'm meant to be on the max which i think is 250 but ill happily take that considering i see a lot of problems for some people with the superhub 3.

My questions are:

1) i like the interference but will it likely change soon?
2) The apps were meant to be a big feature but they all look the same to me? are we getting anymore? i heard rumours of the wwe network?
3) Apart from speed of the box, more box space size and the ability to get netflix on super quick am i missing anymore new features people like?
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 16:31   #3308
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Oh and another how we watch recordings on our mobile? I assume like watching live tv we need to be on the same WiFi... sort of defeats the point
Old 10-11-2017, 16:43   #3309
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Oh and another how we watch recordings on our mobile? I assume like watching live tv we need to be on the same WiFi... sort of defeats the point
Considering the recording is stored locally on your box how else could you do it ?
Old 10-11-2017, 17:07   #3310
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Do you not download it to the mobile first?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 17:14   #3311
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
Do you not download it to the mobile first?
That's the only option if you want to take it away from the home with you , although to be fair you still need to be on the same Wi-Fi to download it.
Old 11-11-2017, 08:59   #3312
pengedragon
cf.addict

Services: Full House, V6, Netflix, Spotify Premium, Sky Go Extra, Eleven Sports, PS4 , 100 meg bb
pengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nice

delighted with our new box, one slightly odd query

i've programmed the remote control for our tv, it'll switch it off and on but won't change the volume

worth trying to program it again ?
pengedragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 09:54   #3313
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by pengedragon View Post
worth trying to program it again ?
Yes - keep searching. There may be another code later in the sequence that works better with your TV.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 10:56   #3314
pengedragon
cf.addict

Services: Full House, V6, Netflix, Spotify Premium, Sky Go Extra, Eleven Sports, PS4 , 100 meg bb
pengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nice

ah ok, thanks
pengedragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 16:43   #3315
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Any chance of a WWE network app on tivo? I used to use my ps4 for everything and now i can finally use netflix on tivo again....just missing that wwe app!