Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 28-09-2016, 13:05   #3016
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Yes as money talks.
Agreed. If both parties can come to an agreement that means they are each better off striking the deal than not striking the deal, then it will happen.
Advertisement
Old 28-09-2016, 13:19   #3017
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Agreed. If both parties can come to an agreement that means they are each better off striking the deal than not striking the deal, then it will happen.
Wouldn't be too surprised if sky and netflix came to an agreement that netflix content can be included in skys top package and in return netflix get sky original programming.
Old 30-09-2016, 11:01   #3018
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Amazon All-New Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote

https://recombu.com/digital/article/...te-2016-vs-old
Old 30-09-2016, 12:24   #3019
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post

Alexa well echo is something i'm very interested in, never thought much of it until i saw it in action on a episode of MR Robot, i was like i want one lol.
£149 though is a bit pricey.
Old 30-09-2016, 12:47   #3020
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Alexa well echo is something i'm very interested in, never thought much of it until i saw it in action on a episode of MR Robot, i was like i want one lol.
You can buy the Amazon Echo dot if you already have a Bluetooth speaker or one with line in for £49.99
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Amazon-Echo.../dp/B01DFKBL68

I have quite a few Sonos speakers around my home , they are currently working on an update to work with the Amazon Echo dot.

Last edited by muppetman11; 30-09-2016 at 12:52.
Old 30-09-2016, 12:50   #3021
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

Quote:
I bought one when it was £99 i can accept that, as you say £149 is a bit much.
Old 30-09-2016, 14:09   #3022
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post

Alexa should be coming to all existing Fire TV boxes/sticks. That is currently the case in the US. The software is already in the UK models, but currently not activated. I suspect (and could very well be wrong) that Amazon UK will try to sell a bunch of Echo's and Dots before implementing it in FTV products.

This the best place to keep up with the latest FTV developments

http://www.aftvnews.com/
Old 04-10-2016, 20:33   #3023
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Disney said to be chasing Netflix acquisition. http://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2016/...flix-purchase/

TV Player gets £5m cash injection from A+E Networks which is 50% owned by Disney
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/...p-ae-networks/
Old 04-10-2016, 20:48   #3024
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Hot air and nothing else methinks...
Old 04-10-2016, 20:54   #3025
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Explain why you say that ?
Old 04-10-2016, 21:07   #3026
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

You get a lot of these so called deals speculated by money men in the stock markets and invariably most never take place.
Old 04-10-2016, 21:22   #3027
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
You get a lot of these so called deals speculated by money men in the stock markets and invariably most never take place.
Agreed but with this I can honestly see Disney looking seriously at Netflix. Netflix is already available globally and has arguably the best streaming technology , Netflix already have an agreement in place with Marvel which Disney of course own.

Don't forget also that Disney own ESPN who of late have felt the pressure from cord cutting , Disney recently invested in the technology behind MLB TV which it's self is pretty decent technology imagine if Disney could launch all its products under one subscription on one platform imagine how many takers they'd have.
Old 04-10-2016, 21:37   #3028
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Well we shall see MM as you can bet your pound on it and l will have my pound bet on it.
Old 04-10-2016, 21:49   #3029
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
There is no smoke without fire old chap.
Old 04-10-2016, 21:51   #3030
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
There is no smoke without fire old chap.
Well that depends on how one is looking at it my dear chap.