Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TiVo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

TiVo
Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 21:16   #1
spligosh
Inactive

Services: Virgin XL TV, XL Phone, 20MB Broadband
spligosh is an unknown quantity at this point
TiVo

Hey! Didn't I hear earlier in the year that Virgin was going to get Tivo by Christmas. Aren't they leaving it a little late with the advertising? Or is it Christmas 2011?
Advertisement
Old 05-10-2010, 21:18   #2
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Re: Tivo

We are as much in the dark as you at the moment and as soon as the is an official announcement it will be on this forum.
Old 05-10-2010, 21:25   #3
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Damn right it will. I wanna get the Tivo software ASAP.
Old 07-10-2010, 13:34   #4
ShadowTD
Inactive

Services: 200Mb & SH2ac
ShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond repute

I too am desperately waiting on a TiVO announcement. My year on MCE has been good but I'm coming to the decision that the extra flexibility is unnecessary for our needs and the requirement to tinker with another PC on a semi-regular basis is not something I want to do anymore. The V+ would seem like such an epic step backwards in terms of usability and UI that I'm desperate for TiVO to give me a good reason to come back to VM for my TV.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:09   #5
Begize
Inactive

Services: XL TV (TiVo 1TB & V HD), XL Broadband (Superhub 2 in modem mode), L Telephone
Begize is a jewel in the roughBegize is a jewel in the roughBegize is a jewel in the roughBegize is a jewel in the roughBegize is a jewel in the rough

Yeah, also waiting for Tivo news as our V+ is creaking under the weight of HD recordings! I hope whatever it is has more capacity and perhaps multiroom capabilities so I can watch stuff I recorded on a "dumb" box in the bedroom.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:07   #6
ShadowTD
Inactive

ShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond repute

This, along with a shiny HD guide, is my most fervent wish. Can someone remind me of the model number of the new Cisco V HD box so I can see if it supports MOCA? If it does, then I can dream/hope.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:29   #7
kgollop
cf.geek

Services: VIP Bundle, with 350Mb BB and 2 x V6 boxes
kgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Begize View Post
Yeah, also waiting for Tivo news as our V+ is creaking under the weight of HD recordings! I hope whatever it is has more capacity and perhaps multiroom capabilities so I can watch stuff I recorded on a "dumb" box in the bedroom.
My two biggest wishes for the TIVO box right there. If it can be as fast as the Cisco box too I'd be a happy man! Anything else on top of that would just be a bonus.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:02   #8
ShadowTD
Inactive

Dear Santa,

Please base the VM TiVO box on the 1TB version of the Cisco 8485:
http://www.cisco.com/web/consumer/pdf/aag_8485DVB.pdf

Yours hopingly,

ShadowTD (Age 31 1/2)
Old 08-10-2010, 12:56   #9
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I haven't heard anything myself but I am sure its getting a soft launch at the end of the year with a full launch before July next year.

Some advanced features will probably not be available till the full rollout i.e multi room viewing of recordings.

However I am sure they have plans for a lot of the Tivo features including YouTube access through the STB and other stuff.
Old 08-10-2010, 13:03   #10
roger skillin
Inactive

Services: V+ XL,Broadband XXL, Phone with talk unlimited and extra TIVO box
roger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowTD View Post
Dear Santa,

Please base the VM TiVO box on the 1TB version of the Cisco 8485:
http://www.cisco.com/web/consumer/pdf/aag_8485DVB.pdf

Yours hopingly,

ShadowTD (Age 31 1/2)

I certainly hope not, 1TB yes but that box looks cheap and nasty
Old 08-10-2010, 17:03   #11
ShadowTD
Inactive

VM have had 2 boxes so far from SA/Cisco and they have redesigned them both. I would expect them to do the same with TiVO.

And thanks for the comments Stephen. Looks like VM are playing their cards pretty close to their chest on this one!
Old 08-10-2010, 17:11   #12
vanman
cf.mega poster

Services: Sky
vanman has reached the bronze age
vanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze age

link to a guy that knows
http://www.virginmediainfo.co.uk/tivo.shtml
says him
Quote:
I was lucky enough to be invited to attend the very first Virgin Media Sofa event on Friday September 24th at their Gt Portland Street office. For more on that, click here.
please note that i have not put any info from the sofa i am just pointing to public website links
Old 11-10-2010, 14:50   #13
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Hope theres no monthly charges like in the US http://www.tivo.com/promo/pricepackage/index.html
Old 11-10-2010, 14:56   #14
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Hope theres no monthly charges like in the US http://www.tivo.com/promo/pricepackage/index.html
That link is expired.
Old 11-10-2010, 15:50   #15
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
That link is expired (as noted above) and I suspect that the prices that bought Tivo units themselves, rather than rented them as part of a Cable or Satellite subscription.

Bear in mind that as well as being offered with other services, Tivo do offer their own service that you buy the box for. They charge a subscription to those who purchase the boxes.
Closed Thread