Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | getmessage.virginmobile.co.uk/mmcpB

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Minutes for data allowance

Old 10-06-2014, 20:23   #1
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon
Minutes for data allowance

On my mobile, I get 1200 minutes a month with unlimited calls to Virgin mobiles. I also get 500 MB in internet allowance. Last couple of months, out of 2400 minutes, I used just 100 and went over my internet allowance costing me an extra £10 over the 2 months.

If I called them tomorrow, would there by any likelihood of me being able to reduce my minutes in exchange for getting more internet allowance, as I will never use the allowance but don't see why I should keep current tariff and pay more a month for using internet.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-06-2014, 20:46   #2
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Minutes for data allowance

It's not possible to swap one of the other, the only option you'll be offered is a different tariff with a greater data allowance, but these tend to come with more minutes as well
Old 10-06-2014, 22:11   #3
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze

Hmm. So I really need to talk to them and see if they can do something. Just seems daft that you can't decrease one thing on the allowance and increase another thing.
Old 11-06-2014, 02:16   #4
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

You can get unlimited data on a number of packages
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 05:43   #5
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
Hmm. So I really need to talk to them and see if they can do something. Just seems daft that you can't decrease one thing on the allowance and increase another thing.
How would doing that make virgin more money?
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 08:34   #6
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

Because I would still be wanting to pay the same per month, just adjust my allowances to suit my needs. Not looking to get a reduction in price, just want to swap minutes for data. Think I need to call them, will do when I am more with it.
Old 11-06-2014, 08:49   #7
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

They will let you move to a standard tarrif, I.e the premier collection etc. Sounds like your getting 1000 bonus mins
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 16:42   #8
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
Because I would still be wanting to pay the same per month, just adjust my allowances to suit my needs. Not looking to get a reduction in price, just want to swap minutes for data. Think I need to call them, will do when I am more with it.
I know this sucks, but I suspect the way they look at it is this. If you don't use your minutes, you lose. It doesn't cost them anything. In fact, because you are paying for something you aren't using, it's making them profit. But, they run the risk of losing your custom.

If they allow you to swap minutes for data, it's going to cost them money, as you will be using the network and not paying any extra for it.

You are, of course, welcome to give them a call and I hope you get the result you want, but please bear in mind that Ben knows his stuff when it comes to Virgin, so you may not get the result you want.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 17:13   #9
PsyCrow
Inactive

PsyCrow is on a distinguished roadPsyCrow is on a distinguished road

I phoned up a few days ago to cancel a sim only contract I had for my daughter which they did (they couldn't match the deal I got with carphone warehouse). When I was doing that the advisor told me the system had alerted him that my account had nearly gone over the data limit a couple of times recently (£10pm for 250 min, unlimited texts and 1GB of data). He offered me 150 min, unlimited texts and unlimited data for the same price. Very happy.
PsyCrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 17:27   #10
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyCrow View Post
I phoned up a few days ago to cancel a sim only contract I had for my daughter which they did (they couldn't match the deal I got with carphone warehouse). When I was doing that the advisor told me the system had alerted him that my account had nearly gone over the data limit a couple of times recently (£10pm for 250 min, unlimited texts and 1GB of data). He offered me 150 min, unlimited texts and unlimited data for the same price. Very happy.
Brilliant when that happens, I must admit they were very good with me as well.
Old 12-06-2014, 04:47   #11
bubblegun
cf.addict

Services: Virgin TV 360 Virgin 500Mb FTTP -AX86+AC86U AIMesh - O2 Mobile
bubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyCrow View Post
How are the data speeds?
GiffGaff data speeds have been very poor for months and no signs of it improving. That deal sounds tempting as I barely use 100 minutes most months.
bubblegun is offline   Reply With Quote