Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Stupid, greedy, moronic.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Stupid, greedy, moronic.

Old 17-04-2012, 13:36   #46
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age
Re: Stupid, greedy, moronic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth View Post
Oh how inconsistent you can be
Sorry but you're going to have to explain that one as I see nothing in the quotes that is "inconsistent"
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-04-2012, 14:16   #47
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

OK Carl, I'll try and explain it in nice simple terms without the quotes so not to confuse you.

You started off by saying you take posts at face value and assume people mean what they say.

You then go on to say my reply was complete nonsense, and could be construed (to keep it simple that word means could be interpreted in a particular way) libellous.

Then when you're called on it you try and change from you have libelled me to an unidentified person/company might take exception. Oh and by the way as you love being Mr Pedantic you use the phrase "...may well decide to take it further if they decide that what you have posted is libellous", well the last time I looked it was for the courts to decide if libel has occured not the individual or entity, but hey Carl don't let accuracy get in the way of pompusness.

So to answer your last post I just pointed out that you change your tune to suit.

Simple enough?

Cheers

Grim
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 14:39   #48
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
OK Carl, I'll try and explain it in nice simple terms without the quotes so not to confuse you.
Nice condescending tone there

Quote:
You started off by saying you take posts at face value and assume people mean what they say.
Yes.

Quote:
You then go on to say my reply was complete nonsense, and could be construed (to keep it simple that word means could be interpreted in a particular way) libellous.
Yes. I do know what words mean, thanks

Quote:
Then when you're called on it you try and change from you have libelled me to an unidentified person/company might take exception.
I did not "change" anything. The title of the thread could be libellous; ie

Quote:
A published false statement that is damaging to a person's reputation; a written defamation
.. as could some comments on here about me. VM may decide to sue as they have a reputation to uphold. I couldn't care less about random comments from anonymous forum users so wouldn't even think of taking any such action.

So, no contradictions; no "changes"; no nothing. You just need to comprehend English.

Quote:
Then when you're called on it you try and change from you have libelled me to an unidentified person/company might take exception. Oh and by the way as you love being Mr Pedantic you use the phrase "...may well decide to take it further if they decide that what you have posted is libellous", well the last time I looked it was for the courts to decide if libel has occured not the individual or entity, but hey Carl don't let accuracy get in the way of pompusness.
Oh please Yes, of course it's "ultimately up to the courts to decide" but you don't think VM are going to have a team of their own lawyers to advise them on whether what was posted is libellous or not and that they have a good chance of winning? Or do you think they're just going to go to court on a whim?

Quote:
So to answer your last post I just pointed out that you change your tune to suit.

Simple enough?
Simple yes, but also entirely wrong. As usual, when you're posting about me, I might add
Old 17-04-2012, 14:39   #49
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post

.. as could some comments on here about me. VM may decide to sue as they have a reputation to uphold. I couldn't care less about random comments from anonymous forum users.

No contradictions. No "changes. No nothing. You just need to comprehend English.

Pardon
Old 17-04-2012, 14:43   #50
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Which bit of my use of English confused you?
Old 17-04-2012, 15:04   #51
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Which bit of my use of English confused you?
All of it
Old 17-04-2012, 15:50   #52
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Nice condescending tone there
Pleasure.

Quote:
I did not "change" anything. The title of the thread could be libellous.
Except your comment regarding libellous statements was in response to my comments to you about your comments, so there you go changing your terms of reference again.

Quote:
I couldn't care less about random comments from anonymous forum users so wouldn't even think of taking any such action.
Sure?

Quote:
I couldn't care less about random comments from anonymous forum users so wouldn't even think of taking any such action.
Yes, we've already established how empty your comments can be.

Quote:
Oh please Yes, of course it's "ultimately up to the courts to decide" but you don't think VM are going to have a team of their own lawyers to advise them on whether what was posted is libellous or not and that they have a good chance of winning? Or do you think they're just going to go to court on a whim?
I've left your bold in. I'll say it again as you still don't seem to understand. Only a court can say what is and is not libellous. All the legal advice any person or entity gets is just that - legal advice, nothing more and nothing less, and will always be until tested in court.

Quote:
Simple yes, but also entirely wrong. As usual, when you're posting about me, I might add
Oh please (got that line from you - and think I'll use it for a day or two). You're making me shake my head in disappointment as I often do when I meet pupils of the King Canute School of Logic.

Cheers

Grim
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 15:51   #53
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Back on topic, please....
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 16:42   #54
ssr
Inactive

ssr is on a distinguished roadssr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Back on topic, please....
Sigh of relief!
ssr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 18:46   #55
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Which part of "Back on topic, please" was hard to understand?

If this nonsense keeps up, the Loving Mallet of Correctionwill have to be unsheathed, and fracking will commence.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 20:52   #56
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

More off topic posts removed.The previous warning applies to EVERYONE.Keep to the topic.
Old 17-04-2012, 22:46   #57
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

mine was on topic. I was supporting Hugh's love of Battlestar Galactica.

In the interests of fairness though I will pm you my views so I dont look like I am deliberately trying to wind people up.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2012, 08:42   #58
kwikbreaks
cf.mega poster

Services: Plusnet FTTC, FoxSat HDR for TV, Vonage VOIP.
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze age
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
... dont look like I am deliberately trying to wind people up...
Surely that would be bang on topic judging by the posts I've read...
kwikbreaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2012, 09:44   #59
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

i didnt want to be seen as singling people out and encouraging further arguing for the sake of a bit of drama. I just want the problem sorted.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2012, 12:30   #60
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

check my graph in sig, today I had extra DS's added (dont know how many tho as on vmng300) and the US is on a diff channel id.

From what I understand based on info from ignition been posted is the planned DS capacity increase is double as from 4 channels to 8 channels. US increase he said would be bonded but he didnt state if that would be bonding existing channels (no increase) or adding new ones (probably doubled).

The bottom tier is tripled, middle tier doubled, top tier extra 20%.
However on capacity its not that simple as currently bottom tier customers are on docsis1, so its more than tripling as they coming as extra users who werent before on the docsis3 capacity.

So in short it looks like from where I sit the extra capacity is overall less than the extra speeds been sold and VM are trying to counter it by changing the traffic management, eg. adding STM on the top tier and looking at the comcast system.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote