Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [update] GT5 Gets released 24th Nov

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems

[update] GT5 Gets released 24th Nov

Old 30-12-2010, 11:17   #61
haydnwalker
Inactive

Services: TV:Sky+, BB:DRL VDSL2 40/10 with Ask4, Phone:Mobile Only
haydnwalker has reached the bronze age
haydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze age
Re: [update] GT5 Gets released 24th Nov

Got my PS3 finally after bugging the hell out of the mrs GT5 is currently the played game

I'm not great at the moment, currently running a Mazda MX-5 with approx 180bhp.

and by some miracle managed to take 3rd place on the Topgear Test Track race with the VW Typ2 Campers
haydnwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-12-2010, 11:54   #62
pabscars
Inactive

Services: TiVo, 75 Smeg Broadband
pabscars has reached the bronze age
pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age

I must confess to that since Christmas day I've not been on anything else, and the more I play it the more I like it. Although now I'm stuck on how to acquire the pick up truck.

The go carts are good fun and a wee bit tail happy , I gave up on the top gear test track I couldn't get past about 4/5th place I think.

For a laugh I bought a 2CV and spent a fortune maxing it up only to find it was still a snail, although I did get an achievement for it

Good game with a lot of detail and thought put into it.
pabscars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2010, 13:06   #63
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabscars View Post
I must confess to that since Christmas day I've not been on anything else, and the more I play it the more I like it. Although now I'm stuck on how to acquire the pick up truck.

The go carts are good fun and a wee bit tail happy , I gave up on the top gear test track I couldn't get past about 4/5th place I think.

For a laugh I bought a 2CV and spent a fortune maxing it up only to find it was still a snail, although I did get an achievement for it

Have a look in the collectors dealership. It's one of the small icons runnning down the left of the GT Life screen. You might find they have a Tacoma X-Runner for sale.
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2010, 13:14   #64
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

Yeah, you gotta be lucky to find some cars. Also, am I the only one who must spend close to 100k doing up a car for very little profit? Then again I get no profit at all. I'm also stuck on the second Top Gear Challenge. Those Elise's are way to easy to spin out. I struggle to do a single lap, never mind 2.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2010, 16:33   #65
haydnwalker
Inactive

haydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post
I'm also stuck on the second Top Gear Challenge. Those Elise's are way to easy to spin out. I struggle to do a single lap, never mind 2.
I'm stuck on the same TG challenge cimt. I haven't tried this yet but - I'm going to put the "Active Steering" thing on Strong, to see if it helps out with the spinning out. Also, I've found that if other competitors hit you hard enough they DNQ you because of the contact...which isn't fair as you didn't hit them!

---------- Post added at 15:33 ---------- Previous post was at 15:28 ----------

Quote:
Also, am I the only one who must spend close to 100k doing up a car for very little profit?
I've given up doing that (I used to do it on GT4 on the PS2) and I'm just maxing out cars I know I'll keep.

I don't know what to buy though at the moment, my MX-5 is nicely Balanced but its just not quick enough against the 350Zs etc.
Old 30-12-2010, 16:34   #66
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

I had that happen to me in the camper van one. We were on a straight and he turned into me and I got DNQ, it was proper annoying cos I think I was in 2nd at the time.

EDIT; the thing with cars though is that some of the events that need certain cars. You'll buy a car and do it up abit and find out its too slow so you gotta put loadsa money into it.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2010, 18:38   #67
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
EDIT; the thing with cars though is that some of the events that need certain cars. You'll buy a car and do it up abit and find out its too slow so you gotta put loadsa money into it.
Yeah that can be annoying but to make sure your not wasting money on a car that wont hold up have a look at the typical vechicles button next to each event. It will list the model and power of your opponents vechicles from most powerful to least. Then go buy a car of the same or more power and you won't waste as much money doing them up or buying a dud.

Thats what I've been doing atm anyway. Am only on the Pro races now but its starting to become much harder to win and I don't have the cash to buy the more powerful cars. Having to settle for placing lower and building up my cash to buy some better cars.
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2010, 18:43   #68
Fitze73
Inactive

Services: 2 X Sky+HD 1x LG blu ray home cinema, PS3, XBox360,W
Fitze73 has a spectacular aura about themFitze73 has a spectacular aura about themFitze73 has a spectacular aura about themFitze73 has a spectacular aura about them

ive still yet to even play it might get round to it next year lol
Fitze73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2010, 20:11   #69
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I already bought the game on release however GAME have the £150 signature edition in their sale for £49.98 and at that price I could not resist ording it. I can easily trade the normal edition in and get another game for Kinect :-) thats over £100 off!

http://www.game.co.uk/Games/PlayStat...s=Gran+Turismo
Old 30-12-2010, 22:57   #70
pabscars
Inactive

pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Peter View Post
Have a look in the collectors dealership. It's one of the small icons runnning down the left of the GT Life screen. You might find they have a Tacoma X-Runner for sale.
Will have a look in a mo, just busy atm doing the Grand Turismo Challenge in my beast of Challenger SRT8 '08, this car woops just about anything in a strait line.

Thanks for the heads up

---------- Post added at 21:57 ---------- Previous post was at 21:33 ----------

Just won the Bugatti Veyron shhhhhwwwwweeeeeeeet.

Had a look for the Tacoma X-Running but its not there, ,,,,,,,, bummer

I will keep looking around to see what I can find
Old 31-12-2010, 15:04   #71
pabscars
Inactive

Quote:
Yeah, you gotta be lucky to find some cars. Also, am I the only one who must spend close to 100k doing up a car for very little profit? Then again I get no profit at all. I'm also stuck on the second Top Gear Challenge. Those Elise's are way to easy to spin out. I struggle to do a single lap, never mind 2.
I managed to get gold on the first and second top gear test track, I must have driven those lotus elise's close to 100 laps before I nailed one sweet one.

I did it on the strong setting with a fair bit of traction control on. I'm not able to try the 3rd challenge yet but I would imagine its gonna be pretty difficult.

Really enjoying it atm
Old 31-12-2010, 15:11   #72
haydnwalker
Inactive

Quote:
I did it on the strong setting with a fair bit of traction control on.
Hint... Well and truely Taken! They were really getting me annoyed
Old 31-12-2010, 15:11   #73
SimpleSimon
cf.addict

Services: VIP Package
SimpleSimon has much to be proud ofSimpleSimon has much to be proud ofSimpleSimon has much to be proud ofSimpleSimon has much to be proud ofSimpleSimon has much to be proud ofSimpleSimon has much to be proud ofSimpleSimon has much to be proud ofSimpleSimon has much to be proud ofSimpleSimon has much to be proud ofSimpleSimon has much to be proud of

Quote:

If I remember correctly you get a pick up truck for completing one of the International Licenses (I think it was A license)
SimpleSimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2010, 15:15   #74
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleSimon View Post
If I remember correctly you get a pick up truck for completing one of the International Licenses (I think it was A license)
Yes you get a Dodge RAM
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2010, 15:17   #75
haydnwalker
Inactive

I'm only on International B