Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | T3 Timeouts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Problem with 50 Meg

Old 26-02-2010, 10:06   #1
telfordcable
cf.mega poster

Services: 5G Three 599/21
telfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecart
Problem with 50 Meg

I had awful 50 Meg with too many problem and been downtimes 7 times so far: I found the log from my modem:

Time Level Description
Thu Feb 25 10:43:05 2010 Critical (3) DHCP WARNING - Non-critical field invalid in response.
Thu Feb 25 10:40:15 2010 Critical (3) Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Un...
Thu Feb 25 09:24:33 2010 Critical (3) DHCP WARNING - Non-critical field invalid in response.
Thu Feb 25 09:24:20 2010 Critical (3) Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Un...
Thu Feb 25 08:51:04 2010 Critical (3) DHCP WARNING - Non-critical field invalid in response.
Thu Feb 25 08:50:59 2010 Critical (3) No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out
Thu Feb 25 10:42:53 2010 Critical (3) SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM/Q...
Thu Feb 25 08:45:13 2010 Critical (3) Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Un...
Thu Feb 25 08:41:02 2010 Critical (3) DHCP WARNING - Non-critical field invalid in response.
Thu Feb 25 08:40:57 2010 Critical (3) No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out
Thu Feb 25 08:40:51 2010 Critical (3) Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Un...
Thu Feb 25 10:42:56 2010 Critical (3) SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire FEC f...
Thu Feb 25 08:40:18 2010 Critical (3) Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - ...

I rang up virgin media support and told them of my log report problem, but they say to me your modem is fine and just ingorne these log reports.

Why should I ingorne this log reports ?

---------- Post added at 09:04 ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 ----------

Downstream Channel
The data shown in the table below provides information about the signal coming from the network to your cable modem.

Downstream Status
Operational

Channel ID

Downstream Frequency
331000000 Hz

Modulation
256QAM

Bit Rate
53000000 bits/sec

Power Level
7.5 dBmV

Signal to Noise Ratio
21.2 dB

Upstream Channel
The data shown in the table below provides information about the signal being transmitted to the network from your cable modem.

Upstream Status
Operational

Channel ID

Upstream Frequency
34000000 Hz

Modulation
16QAM

Symbol Rate
10240000 bits/sec

Power Level
30.0 dBmV

Primary Downstream Service Flow
SFID : 312
Max Traffic Rate : 53000000 bps
Max Traffic Burst : 3044 bytes
Min Traffic Rate : 0 bps
Primary Upstream Service Flow
SFID : 311
Max Traffic Rate : 10240000 bps
Max Traffic Burst : 16000 bytes
Min Traffic Rate : 0 bps
Max Concatenated Burst : 16000 bytes
Scheduling Type : Best Effort

---------- Post added at 09:06 ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 ----------

Got speed of 50.76Mbps D/L and 1.03Mbps U/L on bbmax
telfordcable is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-02-2010, 10:21   #2
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Problem with 50 Meg

Sadly your stats don't make any sense at all.

Actually yes they do, I thought they looked familiar. What are you trying to pull pretending you are on 50M with a 10M upstream?

You took the service flow information from http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/34915791-post39.html

The modem log copy/paste is not from a 50M modem.
The downstream information copy/paste is not from a 50M modem.
The upstream information copy/paste is not from a 50M modem.
The downstream frequency is incorrect for 50M - this channel has 38Mbps of capacity available so your 'speed test' is impossible.
The upstream frequency is incorrect for 50M.
The upstream symbol rate is incorrect and expressed in incorrect units, this is I think a bug with one of the SA modems.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2010, 12:38   #3
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

*Bump*

I trust you got your 10Mbit issue resolved?
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2010, 12:45   #4
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

If that was a real post you would be lucky to have a connection let alone the alleged speed that you posted.

Are you so unaware that the are actually people on here such as Virginmedia trained staff and other broadband professionals that can tell at a glance that your above post is a 100% fake and an out and out lie.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote