Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | sky sports red button

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

sky sports red button

Old 01-01-2011, 13:30   #1
smallclone
cf.geek

Services: M tv Broadband 150Mb/s. Superhub 3 V6
smallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of light
sky sports red button

Tried search button but to no avail

so............can anybody tell me if there is any plans for the red button function to be added to Virgin Media??

I miss out on so much.

Thanks
smallclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-01-2011, 13:58   #2
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Re: sky sports red button

I can't believe search didn't find it. Anyway, short answer is "coming soon".
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 14:13   #3
smallclone
cf.geek

Services: M tv Broadband 150Mb/s. Superhub 3 V6
smallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Search threw up millions of posts which i havent got time to trawl through

thanks for the info though
smallclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 14:26   #4
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze

Quote:

Think that "coming soon" is a confident one? Hope so.
Henkesghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 22:25   #5
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkesghost View Post
Think that "coming soon" is a confident one? Hope so.
It is
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 22:28   #6
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Search does find it in numerous threads all with your answer.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 03:46   #7
wwe
cf.mega poster

Services: Telewest Phone Telewest BroadBand Telewest Digital Tv v+ HD
wwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpack

I cart see sky ever giving us the red button. Sky wants to keep it all to them selfs. Think we got more chance of pigs flying.
wwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:03   #8
gadge
Inactive

Services: Sky+ Hd Multiroom,Unlimited Broadband,Unlimited Phone,WD Tv
gadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwe View Post
I cart see sky ever giving us the red button. Sky wants to keep it all to them selfs. Think we got more chance of pigs flying.
It will come it was part of the vmtv channels sale.
gadge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:43   #9
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwe View Post
Straight from the horses mouth http://www.sky.com/shop/sports/home/...y-virginmedia/

This link has been posted before, it shows VM will no doubt get a watered down version of interactive this year
Joedm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:57   #10
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Mobes has reached the bronze age
Mobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
Straight from the horses mouth http://www.sky.com/shop/sports/home/...y-virginmedia/

This link has been posted before, it shows VM will no doubt get a watered down version of interactive this year

Weasle words from Sky. I would bet we get 99-100% of interactive red button type stuff. Sky just want potential customers to think only ALL of it will be on Sky.
I can't imagine even VM going into negotiations and Sky saying yeah you can have interactive but only on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday and VM going, cool sounds like a deal...
Mobes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 23:53   #11
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.

I pay for sky sports and the cricket world cup is coming very soon in 2011 amd i notice with match clashes ect coverage will be on sky sports Red Button seeing as we/i pay £22.50 a month for the sky sports,i hope we would be able to see these matches seems we are paying a lot on vm for sky sports only to have large parts of it withheld.

Come on 2011 is here lets have the sky sports Red Button function as promised on the sale of the VMTV channels.
Old 03-01-2011, 19:23   #12
lupusargent
Inactive

Services: VIP 50 + Extra Box
lupusargent is an unknown quantity at this point

media boy reports the red button will launch on virgin before april 2011 http://virgintvmediaboy.blogspot.com...on-virgin.html
lupusargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 22:37   #13
winkle

This month, but only on 1&2 so no Champions League games via the red button.
Old 04-01-2011, 03:33   #14
wwe
cf.mega poster

Services: Telewest Phone Telewest BroadBand Telewest Digital Tv v+ HD
wwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpack

I still don't belive its coming. Think we got more chance of pigs flying still. Sorry but i woun't belive it untill i can do it.
wwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 13:46   #15
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkle View Post
This month, but only on 1&2 so no Champions League games via the red button.
Will there even be any more Champions League games on red button this season????

Not that many games left and they seem to be more spread out now. I'm sure they'll just be on the regular channels although perhaps not in HD if you sub to it.
Joedm45 is offline   Reply With Quote