Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Ford Focus 2002+ipod

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Ford Focus 2002+ipod

Old 26-02-2009, 20:37   #1
lewcon
Inactive

lewcon is an unknown quantity at this point
Ford Focus 2002+ipod

I am looking to connect an ipod to ford focus 2002 car radio 6000 cd compatible. I have already done it with my own car which is a renault scenic and it was a simple cable that plugged into the back as if it was a CD changer. The Ford Focus looks to have a 12 pin socket which would be for the CD - does anyone know where to get a cable with this socket bit and an aux type jack at the other end. Not looking to control the ipod through the radio just want to play it. Any help would be great, im going google eyed looking up websites now.
lewcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-02-2009, 20:47   #2
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: Ford Focus 2002+ipod

Have you tried Maplin? Link is below.

http://www.maplin.co.uk

Btw Welcome to the site
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2009, 21:03   #3
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

A mate of mine had a piece of kit that plugged in to the back of the stereo and was controlled by the ford steering wheel controller.
Old 26-02-2009, 21:24   #4
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

I used to remember the days well when you got practically any cable with any odd looking connector from the wonderful....

Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2009, 21:26   #5
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
I used to remember the days well when you got practically any cable with any odd looking connector from the wonderful....

I remember when it was just a (Radio) Shack
Old 26-02-2009, 21:45   #6
superbiatch
Inactive

Services: Sky+, Sky Broadband and Talk
superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star
superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to superbiatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
A mate of mine had a piece of kit that plugged in to the back of the stereo and was controlled by the ford steering wheel controller.
I didn't realise the stalk would continue to work, thats why i haven't bothered connecting mine up to my Fizz Bomb. Thanks for the heads up

Can you find out what connector it is please?
superbiatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2009, 21:51   #7
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post

They were always quite HANDY...............
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2009, 21:52   #8
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

The interfaces which give you control via the steering wheel controls aren't cheap. They plug into the CD changer port on the older 6000 heads

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/iPOD-Interface...0206144004r285
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2009, 05:32   #9
Nidge

Services: Virgin, phone and 50meg Broadband.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewcon View Post
I am looking to connect an ipod to ford focus 2002 car radio 6000 cd compatible. I have already done it with my own car which is a renault scenic and it was a simple cable that plugged into the back as if it was a CD changer. The Ford Focus looks to have a 12 pin socket which would be for the CD - does anyone know where to get a cable with this socket bit and an aux type jack at the other end. Not looking to control the ipod through the radio just want to play it. Any help would be great, im going google eyed looking up websites now.

You need one of THESE

I've got a Mondeo on a 2004 plate it works my Ipod with ease plus the car at the side of me can hear it to Well worth the money it saves taking your stereo out of the car.

---------- Post added at 04:32 ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidge View Post
You need one of THESE It's called a Griffin I Trip

I've got a Mondeo on a 2004 plate it works my Ipod with ease plus the car at the side of me can hear it to Well worth the money it saves taking your stereo out of the car.
Old 27-02-2009, 09:25   #10
southwell
Inactive

Services: Sky HD Virgin Phone + 50mb
southwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation era

The ones that plug into the Focus stereo are very expensive from what i researched a while ago. Im going to go down the route of a new stereo with aux out and sell the focus one for more

This: http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...egoryId_165474
Is the one i installed in a mates Mondeo and was very impressed with the sound. All you need then is a 3.5 to 3.5 connector and £5 usb ciggy power thing from maplins.

The stereo was £50 when we got it so it should come back down again.

BTW i sold a broken 6 stack ford stereo for £90 on Ebay, a working one will fetch more than your forking out.
southwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2009, 11:18   #11
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Aye the later Ford ones have the Aux port. I got the Sony DAB head in my ST and they fitted the USB connection and aux jack in the cubby hole between the front seats as part of the Bluetooth kit installation (presumably so they can charge you the extra £200).
Old 27-02-2009, 13:05   #12
superbiatch
Inactive

superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star
superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Peter View Post
Aye the later Ford ones have the Aux port. I got the Sony DAB head in my ST and they fitted the USB connection and aux jack in the cubby hole between the front seats as part of the Bluetooth kit installation (presumably so they can charge you the extra £200).
Mine has the Aux in as its on an 07 plate - will that need a different connector? Sorry for the probably stupid questions, its just not my thing
Old 27-02-2009, 13:37   #13
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbiatch View Post
Mine has the Aux in as its on an 07 plate - will that need a different connector? Sorry for the probably stupid questions, its just not my thing
You'll be able to route the audio from your ipod through the stereo with a standard 3.5mm to 3.5mm audio cable but you won't be able to control it with the head unit controls or stalks unless you have the usb link. Do you know which model of stereo you have?
Old 27-02-2009, 13:44   #14
superbiatch
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Peter View Post
You'll be able to route the audio from your ipod through the stereo with a standard 3.5mm to 3.5mm audio cable but you won't be able to control it with the head unit controls or stalks unless you have the usb link. Do you know which model of stereo you have?

Ooh, interesting! Yeh, model is the 6000CD. Thanks
Old 27-02-2009, 13:56   #15
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbiatch View Post
Ooh, interesting! Yeh, model is the 6000CD. Thanks
Ah unfortunately I don't think you can control the ipod with that model unless you spend a stack of cash on one of those Denison adapters which are over £100. At that price you might as well look on eBay for a change of head unit or just connect it as-is via the aux and setup a couple of playlists for your music selections.