Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Suck!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Virgin Suck!

Old 09-04-2008, 20:28   #1
ryan4katie
Inactive

ryan4katie can only hope to improve
Virgin Suck!

im sick of this.... i was previously with ntl. i had ntl installed 4 days before my daughter was born 2 years ago and had absolutly no problem... they did there utmost to fix my problems and fixed them straight away.

then 2 years later virgin media take over and destroy the lot. slow downloads even with non bit torrent downloads, very slow browsing, i like to play a few online games when i get the time i.e call of duty 4 and the ping is just so horrible barley playable. ive rung them up 4 times and complained but nothing gets done

im on a 20mb line and i do a speed test with www.speedtest.net (maidenhead server) i get 450 ping 1.5mb download, 80 upload and all i get is the usual crap oh theres maintence in ur area... im sure maintence doesnt take 4 months

anyone else had same problems ? and feel like they need to get a new isp

thanks for reading my stupid post :P
ryan4katie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-04-2008, 20:55   #2
Tijer
Inactive

Services: SKY TV, Phone, Internet Xbox 360, PS3, PSP
Tijer will become famous soon enoughTijer will become famous soon enoughTijer will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Tijer Send a message via AIM to Tijer Send a message via MSN to Tijer Send a message via Yahoo to Tijer
Re: Virgin Suck!

firstly virgin didnt take over... ntl and telewest bought the rights to use the name.

secondly speedtest.net is well known for giving incorrect speeds. the speed checker at the top of this page is probably a better guage of the speeds you are getting.

Also if you really want to use speedtest.net dont have any other program running... (apart from web browser obviously :P)
Tijer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 04:03   #3
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Services: TiVo 110MB BB Phone Line
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to webcrawler2050

As he said Virgin didnt take out [Mod edit (Gavin): removed]

Well - why dont you use some common sense here mate eh?

Try this

Start >> RUN >> CMD >> Black Box

ping www.bbc.co.uk

Copy and paste the results

Again, in the black box

tracert www.bbc.co.uk

Paste the results
Are you using a router? If so plug your Cable Moden Direct into the PC then run a speed test - DONT USE Speedtest.net its crap - use the one on this forum.

Antivirus / Spyware / Malware?? Got any??? Disable it - then run the speed test.

It doesnt take alot of sense to do some basic config tests.
webcrawler2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 09:01   #4
ryan4katie
Inactive

bit of a touchy one aint ya... what are you bransons brother.

virgin still crap ok
Old 10-04-2008, 09:54   #5
Kellargh
Inactive

Services: BT internet, TalkTalk telephone, Sky HD.
Kellargh is just really niceKellargh is just really niceKellargh is just really niceKellargh is just really niceKellargh is just really niceKellargh is just really nice

Lol I love that on calls 'oh since you've gone to virgin...'

Nothing has changed (apart from issues with sky). The same people work here, same systems, same problems...

Just because you have the fault now doesn't mean its due to a simple change of name.
Kellargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 10:05   #6
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars

Ever since Virgin took over ntl & Telewest, my fridge hasn't worked properly!
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 13:36   #7
Tod
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - Tivo, TV XL, Broadband XL, Phone XL, Mobile
Tod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to all

Ever since Virgin took over ntl & Telewest, expectations have got higher.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 13:41   #8
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod View Post
Ever since Virgin took over ntl & Telewest, expectations have got higher.
if only hemlines would do the same
Old 10-04-2008, 13:50   #9
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Virgin do not own Virgin Media.

NTL & Telewest are paying so much every year (I think its £30m per year for 25years ) to Virgin PLC to used the Virgin name and Virgin also own 10% of NTL/Telewest.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 13:51   #10
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TV Boy View Post
Virgin do not own Virgin Media.

NTL & Telewest are paying so much every year (I think its £30m per year for 25years ) to Virgin PLC to used the Virgin name and Virgin also own 10% of NTL/Telewest.
That's fine - but what about my fridge?
Old 10-04-2008, 21:48   #11
saabmania2

Services: VIP Pack
saabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to saabmania2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey View Post
That's fine - but what about my fridge?
that's easy, now where is that script ah yes:

turn it of at the socket and leave it off for 20 sec then turn the power back on for me please (pause) when it's rebooted can you tell me what it does please. (pause)
oh it not a problem with the supply you will have to get a tech around to sort it you might need a new one. hehe
saabmania2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 22:01   #12
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4katie View Post
bit of a touchy one aint ya... what are you bransons brother.

virgin still crap ok
Good intelligent post.

Now try to post as an adult and you might get somewhere.
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 23:44   #13
ryan4katie
Inactive

lol ok... if you say so mate.

personally dont care what you think... so far up virgins **** its un true. we'll see when you dont get what your paying for

goodbye
Old 10-04-2008, 23:50   #14
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend

Quote:

personally dont care what you think... so far up virgins **** its un true. we'll see when you dont get what your paying for

goodbye

Dont bang your head on the way out.
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 00:25   #15
homealone

Quote:

goodbye
if you only knew how wrong you are with that comment....

- well as far as Sirius is concerned, anyway

We'll await a constructive post detailing your signal levels, etc, that someone may be able to help with.....