Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Deleted emails keeps coming back !

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Internet Discussion

FF 3.5.7 and AdBlock Plus update

Old 08-01-2010, 15:13   #1
Aragorn
Inactive

Aragorn has a nice shiny star
Aragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny star
FF 3.5.7 and AdBlock Plus update

A quick heads up -
I have FF 3.5.7 with several addons including ABP and NoScript.
I was just offered updated to both ABP (1.1.3) and NoScript, but one of the upgrades corrupted the FF extensions database.
A note on the Adblockplus.org site led me to a Mozilla KB with details on how to rebuild the extensions db.

So - if anyone starts seeing ads after an ABP update, you know where to look.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-01-2010, 16:57   #2
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
Re: FF 3.5.7 and AdBlock Plus update

I have FF 3.5.7 and ABP 1.1.3 with NoScript 1.9.9.35 running with no problems so far though I did loose one of my Bookmarks folders when FF 3.5.7 installed which seemed strange.

Which NoScript update are you running Aragorn?
Old 08-01-2010, 17:16   #3
Aragorn
Inactive

Aragorn has a nice shiny star
Aragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
I have FF 3.5.7 and ABP 1.1.3 with NoScript 1.9.9.35 running with no problems so far though I did loose one of my Bookmarks folders when FF 3.5.7 installed which seemed strange.

Which NoScript update are you running Aragorn?
1.9.9.35 - same as you.
Got so many bookmark folders, I prob wouldn't notice one go missing!
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 17:37   #4
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

I must have been lucky with my update.

As far as the missing file in my Bookmarks. Mine contained all my forums. Some of which I only visit a couple of times a year and can never remember their exact titles. Although I had used one of the links in it the previous day the folder had vanished, no trace of it tucked away anywhere and restoring the Bookmarks to an earlier date didn't turn it up.

Tracked it down by using the Bookmarks search option for one of the forums that I knew was listed in the missing folder. Much to my surprise the forum details appeared and my forum folder popped back up in the main list. As I said .. most strange.