Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | UK to be bankrupt by 2014

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Illegal workers cost restaurant boss dear

Old 24-09-2013, 22:53   #1
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Illegal workers cost restaurant boss dear

Quote:
A woman who illegally employed six unlawful immigrants at her Chinese restaurants has had £722,956 seized under proceeds of crime legislation.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-west-24224397

Excellent news, this is the tip on an iceberg methinks though. I'm just hoping the same tough stance can be applied to these people throughout the UK.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-09-2013, 22:54   #2
tizmeinnit

Re: Illegal workers cost restaurant boss dear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post

Excellent news, this is the tip on an iceberg methinks though. I'm just hoping the same tough stance can be applied to these people throughout the UK.
yeah result
Old 24-09-2013, 23:00   #3
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:

Excellent news

I hope we see more like that and i hope the illegals were sent back home but i don't think they will happen as we haven't got a clue when it comes to sending back illegal immigrants.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2013, 23:00   #4
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

black market labour has been a problem for decades
Old 24-09-2013, 23:19   #5
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
black market labour has been a problem for decades
Then you would think by now they would have got a grip of it

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2013, 06:17   #6
Nidge41
Permanently Banned

Services: Sky TV, VM 100Meg Broadband
Nidge41 is a glorious beacon of lightNidge41 is a glorious beacon of lightNidge41 is a glorious beacon of lightNidge41 is a glorious beacon of lightNidge41 is a glorious beacon of lightNidge41 is a glorious beacon of lightNidge41 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

Good result is that. It's a nightmare trying to send Chinese back because their government drag their heels in sorting the paperwork out. Sometimes they have to hold them for a year before the paperwork comes through from the Chinese Government.

£700,000 is one hell of a fine though.

---------- Post added at 05:17 ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Excellent news

I hope we see more like that and i hope the illegals were sent back home but i don't think they will happen as we haven't got a clue when it comes to sending back illegal immigrants.
They bail them to report to a Police Station every other day. As you can imagine they go missing again.
Nidge41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2013, 12:12   #7
Escapee
cf.mega poster

Escapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze array
Escapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidge41 View Post
Good result is that. It's a nightmare trying to send Chinese back because their government drag their heels in sorting the paperwork out. Sometimes they have to hold them for a year before the paperwork comes through from the Chinese Government.

£700,000 is one hell of a fine though.

---------- Post added at 05:17 ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 ----------

They bail them to report to a Police Station every other day. As you can imagine they go missing again.
I understood that this applies to all Chinese nationals attempting to return, and that the Chinese government dragged their feet because they don't want them back after they have tasted a bit of life and freedom in the west.

One thing that can be said about Chinese immigrants, is they appear to be grateful of the better life they have here and don't want to force their views on us.

I understand they also give them money for B&B when they are bailed. Even as criminals they are better treated here tan in their own country.
Old 26-09-2013, 12:28   #8
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Then you would think by now they would have got a grip of it
I know ,as long as i can remember there have been black market workers ,in my experience it was in the construction industry ,although working on the big sites illegally is much harder nowadays smaller developers still pay cash in hand to a lot of workers
Old 26-09-2013, 12:42   #9
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

That results a cracker and may only be a starter. There are too many like this who wok away scot free by currying favour with the mein men. I hope the authorites don't fritter away the fine.
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2013, 14:11   #10
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Reminds me of something I saw..

For years, there has been a Thai food stall in our local market. It was staffed by an old(ish) Thai man and a young (and very pretty) Thai woman.

Then, one day I went there and a man was standing next to the stall, carrying a very expensive camera (we are talking thousands of pounds of DSLR and lens here), apparently taking photos of the stall's customers. That was the last time I saw that Thai woman.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote