Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 19-02-2017, 14:38   #2911
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Ignore that. There is a bug somewhere in the only upgrade system at the moment.

Call in and you should get a proper price to change. If you've already have TiVo it shouldn't really cost any extra per month to swap that to a V6 box.
Old 19-02-2017, 15:21   #2912
Grimpy
cf.addict

Grimpy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Ben, I'll give them a call this week.
Grimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2017, 18:48   #2913
brava210
Inactive

Services: Virgin V+,TiVo, BB-10MB Panasonic 50", AE 5.1, Pioneer VSX920 Amp, Harmony One.
brava210 is on a distinguished roadbrava210 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimpy View Post
What are people paying to get the V6?

Just checked my account and they are wanting an extra £51 a month on top of the £85 I already pay each month.
£38 Per month Wih no Sky Movies/Sport with 200mb BB
brava210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2017, 19:33   #2914
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by brava210 View Post
£38 Per month Wih no Sky Movies/Sport with 200mb BB
Is that on top of what you were already paying? If so it seems rather steep to me.
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2017, 23:42   #2915
fixerman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 200mb Superhub 2, Two Tivo V6 1tb, one "Old" Tivo 1tb, home phone, Humax Freesat PVR.
fixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inactive Digital View Post
Move to Northern Ireland!
Will a Northern Irish post code give me access to RTE Channels?
fixerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2017, 00:35   #2916
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

No. You can't change your postcode on cable, that not how it works.
Old 20-02-2017, 10:45   #2917
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
Is that on top of what you were already paying? If so it seems rather steep to me.
£38 Per month Wih no Sky Movies/Sport with 200mb BB - This seems to be the minimum package you need to take to have a V6 included.

For me I had to pay the installation and activation cost. The V6 price is already included in my package now. I'm on VIP which comes with 2 x V6 boxes.

I'd definitely recommend getting multiple V6 boxes. (Unless you already have your Tivo hard-wired into the Superhub) The function to watch programmes from either box (at the same time) is brilliant. There is a lot of space and tuners so the recordings clash should be a thing of the past
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2017, 11:11   #2918
Perfect Choice
cf.geek

Services: Maxit TV, M phone, 200MB BB, V6 TIVO, Super Hub3
Perfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to behold

Does a 2nd Tivo V6 box need its own connection to the Virgin Media network or can it "piggy back" through the connection between the 2 boxes to use the 1st box VM network connection? Just don't want extra cabling being installed if it can be avoided if this is possible with the new V6 set-up.
Perfect Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2017, 11:15   #2919
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Each needs its own co-ax connection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Choice View Post
Does a 2nd Tivo V6 box need its own connection to the Virgin Media network or can it "piggy back" through the connection between the 2 boxes to use the 1st box VM network connection? Just don't want extra cabling being installed if it can be avoided if this is possible with the new V6 set-up.
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2017, 11:24   #2920
Perfect Choice
cf.geek

Services: Maxit TV, M phone, 200MB BB, V6 TIVO, Super Hub3
Perfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to behold

Thanks, it was just a thought.
Perfect Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2017, 18:12   #2921
brava210
Inactive

Services: Virgin V+,TiVo, BB-10MB Panasonic 50", AE 5.1, Pioneer VSX920 Amp, Harmony One.
brava210 is on a distinguished roadbrava210 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
No, thats total cost
brava210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2017, 19:16   #2922
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by brava210 View Post
No, thats total cost
Ok that's not bad then.
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2017, 13:33   #2923
albertsteptoe
Inactive

Services: Full House XL,Gamer 200MB Sky Q Silver.
albertsteptoe is on a distinguished roadalbertsteptoe is on a distinguished road

Afternoon All.
Just had my V6 installed so far so good, just a quick question, I've tried the codes for my Sony amp and none of them work, has anyone got the remote to work with Sony amp.
albertsteptoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2017, 15:16   #2924
mike_gain
Inactive

mike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertsteptoe View Post
Afternoon All.
Just had my V6 installed so far so good, just a quick question, I've tried the codes for my Sony amp and none of them work, has anyone got the remote to work with Sony amp.
The remote might not be in IR mode so amp may not be receiving commands.
mike_gain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2017, 15:18   #2925
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Even if the remote is in RF mode it'll still use IR for the volume / mute etc as these don't exist as functions on TiVo itself.