Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 15-08-2017, 18:28   #2221
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Thank you for taking the trouble to explain this, buckeye. I am not sure I could cope with all that!

I hope the complexity of getting all of your watch lists in one place finally demonstrates to those who seem not to understand the problem that led me to conclude that if Virgin offered as many streaming services as possible, this would be attractive to subscribers and could be their USP.

I think this may bring forward my migration from pay tv to streaming services, but I'll bide my time for now.

LG's veto is seriously disappointing and lacks vision.
Purely conjecture on my part but I guess with Mr Malone having fingers in the content pie as well then if everything were available via apps it would cut into his profits for his other business's,
also VM wouldn't be able to generate profits by charging people for what they don't want in order to view the things they do want.

Unfortunately imho this country is always going to lag behind our American cousins unless the major content holders (Sky and BT) are forced to divest their platform business from their content as BT has been forced to do with Openreach recently.
Advertisement
Old 15-08-2017, 18:48   #2222
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye View Post
Purely conjecture on my part but I guess with Mr Malone having fingers in the content pie as well then if everything were available via apps it would cut into his profits for his other business's,
also VM wouldn't be able to generate profits by charging people for what they don't want in order to view the things they do want.

Unfortunately imho this country is always going to lag behind our American cousins unless the major content holders (Sky and BT) are forced to divest their platform business from their content as BT has been forced to do with Openreach recently.
Why should they have to when many other providers around the world are platforms as well as content providers , being that you mention it even in the USA.
Old 15-08-2017, 20:42   #2223
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye View Post

Understood, but then again, if access to the additional apps was only made available to subscribers on the Full House package, Mr Malone would be secure in the knowledge that all the apps in the world would not dilute his offerings (as long as they too were part of the Full House package!).

Mr Malone should be smart enough to realise that people who wanted Amazon and other OTT services would get them anyway through other devices. What he would be doing by allowing them on our set top boxes would be adding value, by allowing the content on these other services to be bookmarked on one list.
Old 15-08-2017, 21:03   #2224
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
https://www.c21media.net/sonys-kix-to-become-pop-max/

Kix is to become Pop Max from 30/8/17. This looks like a permanent change to me; is this the same channel that we get on channel 738 (labelled Kix Power)?
Sony are ditching the Kix brand, so that all 3 of their children's channels sit in a clean set; Pop, Tiny Pop and Pop Max.

Therefore I think it is very likely that Kix Power will leave VM, and if they have any sense at all they will replace it with Pop Max, so that we have the same 3 channels as Sky, Freeview, Freesat, YouView, BT and TalkTalk.
Old 16-08-2017, 14:58   #2225
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Yes, that would make sense all round.
Old 17-08-2017, 12:19   #2226
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Has anybody tried tve new radio app, its good shAme tHe favourites dont sync between boxes
Old 17-08-2017, 15:24   #2227
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Radio Times has confirm that Sky Cinema Star Wars will be with us for two weeks from August 21st to September 4th using Sky Cinema Greats Channel number (Virgin Channel 434 [UK] and Virgin Channel 307 [Ireland])

---------- Post added at 14:24 ---------- Previous post was at 14:10 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
Therefore I think it is very likely that Kix Power will leave VM, and if they have any sense at all they will replace it with Pop Max, so that we have the same 3 channels as Sky, Freeview, Freesat, YouView, BT and TalkTalk.
Channel listing for "Kix Power" still says "Channel off air" until August 31st on TiVo Boxes.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 18-08-2017, 16:17   #2228
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Wonder if it'll return with a new name though, given the rebranding excercise.

---------- Post added at 14:17 ---------- Previous post was at 13:45 ----------

Confirmed:. Freesports coming to VM:

https://www.freesports.tv
Old 18-08-2017, 16:30   #2229
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

No doubt it will be heralded by Virgin as a great new channel coming and well worth their forthcoming price rise.
Old 18-08-2017, 18:44   #2230
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Probably, despite it being a FTA channel (though I do expect these to be added as a matter of course for those actually paying for their television service).
Old 18-08-2017, 23:53   #2231
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Wonder if it'll return with a new name though, given the rebranding excercise.

---------- Post added at 14:17 ---------- Previous post was at 13:45 ----------

Confirmed:. Freesports coming to VM:

https://www.freesports.tv
I think the channel looks decent. Looks like a direct spin-off of Premier Sports and their content. Interesting from the trailer on their website that they appear to have the rights to Portuguese football. Okay so it's not blockbuster content but there's plenty on offer to appease fans of rugby, ice hockey, speedway and NASCAR.

I'd rather have it than not have it.
Old 18-08-2017, 23:55   #2232
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
No doubt it will be heralded by Virgin as a great new channel coming and well worth their forthcoming price rise.
So it'll be in vms XL pack then?
Old 19-08-2017, 06:47   #2233
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

At a guess I'd say M+/Mix, as all the past few additions of Freeview channels have been put into this pack.

I find the new radio app a lot easier to use than TuneIn.
Old 19-08-2017, 20:56   #2234
jj20x

Quote:
I find the new radio app a lot easier to use than TuneIn.
It's V6 only isn't it? which is an interesting move. Maybe commencing the end-of-life phase for the legacy Tivo boxes.

Old 19-08-2017, 21:27   #2235
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
It's V6 only isn't it? which is an interesting move. Maybe commencing the end-of-life phase for the legacy Tivo boxes.
Frankly, the old Tivos are so slow and unreliable these days, I think they should be scrapped without delay!
Closed Thread