Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Updated] New petrol & diesel car sales banned from 2030

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Updated] New petrol & diesel car sales banned from 2030

Old 28-07-2017, 16:17   #121
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: Petrol & diesel vehicles ban.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
Jeremy Clarkson P.M.
Pre-Menstral? explains a lot...
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-07-2017, 16:23   #122
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
i think the tesla is the only one worth looking at at the moment the others have a lot of catching up to do imo .
Nissan Leaf looks rubbish. I think the Ford electric engines that'll go into the next generation of Fiestas/Focuses might be good though. That's probably more likely for me than a Tesla
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2017, 16:29   #123
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Nissan Leaf looks rubbish. I think the Ford electric engines that'll go into the next generation of Fiestas/Focuses might be good though. That's probably more likely for me than a Tesla
Tesla for me too maybe. What about the 2019 built in Britain BMW mini?
Kursk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2017, 16:45   #124
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursk View Post
Tesla for me too maybe. What about the 2019 built in Britain BMW mini?
If there was an electric mini out already I might have gotten that on lease.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2017, 16:57   #125
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Quote:
If there was an electric mini out already I might have gotten that on lease.
Yep. It's going to be a huge money-spinner: a clean town runabout with street cred and poke.
Old 28-07-2017, 17:04   #126
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursk View Post
Yep. It's going to be a huge money-spinner: a clean town runabout with street cred and poke.
i used to own a mini 850 that truck they make now is no mini .
Old 28-07-2017, 17:06   #127
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Quote:
i used to own a mini 850 that truck they make now is no mini .
I know what you mean. Perhaps the leccy one will bring the old zip back?
Old 28-07-2017, 17:40   #128
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
It's locked in so long as the car is locked. They could screw with it but they could do the same with your tyres now.

Fiesta
I know but that doesn't mean they don't tug around at it and damage the car. Car tyres are a tad different from cables hanging out of cars in perfect view which is why I made the point about leaving your car battery on charge in the road outside your house. Try that and see what happens very shortly.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2017, 18:19   #129
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
if this is about clean air then what about flying ? aviation fuel is way too cheap and only encourages excessive flying and as a result more pollution .
They are developing electric planes, and as carbon fibre is becoming common, they will be lighter.
Old 28-07-2017, 18:59   #130
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Another crazy decision by this horrible Government. And falling into the hands of cyclists.

When cycles abide by the law, then l will applaud them.

This ban is just about making money. Nothing else. Are they going to have electric Lorry that depend on diesel.

We have Sadiq Khan bring out out a Toxity Tax for Central London.

My sons father in law bought an electric car, and soon sold it. As it was doing a 100 mile trip, and broke down as there was no charging systems near where he was going.

This again is The Government ahead of themselves. They WILL NOT be in power when this starts anyway.

And before cyclist start saying that l am whining. Within the past few weeks, l have seen so many cyclist go through red lights, No light etc etc.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2017, 19:31   #131
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
Another crazy decision by this horrible Government. And falling into the hands of cyclists.

When cycles abide by the law, then l will applaud them.

This ban is just about making money. Nothing else. Are they going to have electric Lorry that depend on diesel.

We have Sadiq Khan bring out out a Toxity Tax for Central London.

My sons father in law bought an electric car, and soon sold it. As it was doing a 100 mile trip, and broke down as there was no charging systems near where he was going.

This again is The Government ahead of themselves. They WILL NOT be in power when this starts anyway.

And before cyclist start saying that l am whining. Within the past few weeks, l have seen so many cyclist go through red lights, No light etc etc.
Old 28-07-2017, 19:46   #132
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

0 to 60 in under 6 seconds that should keep the boy racers happy.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2017, 21:56   #133
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
And before cyclist start saying that l am whining.
You are whining. Resistance is futile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
0 to 60 in under 6 seconds that should keep the boy racers happy.
Just wait until more people realise what these cars can do.
Old 28-07-2017, 23:49   #134
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

We've been using them for 12 months or so and having used them they seem pretty fit for purpose.

http://news.leeds.gov.uk/power-surge...goes-electric/

I heard someone mention a few weeks ago that the plan is to make electric vehicles the default going forward and anything else will require a business case.

It does make me smile when people just seem so opposed to change.

Cheers

Dave
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2017, 00:14   #135
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth View Post
We've been using them for 12 months or so and having used them they seem pretty fit for purpose.

http://news.leeds.gov.uk/power-surge...goes-electric/

I heard someone mention a few weeks ago that the plan is to make electric vehicles the default going forward and anything else will require a business case.

It does make me smile when people just seem so opposed to change.

Cheers

Dave
Old people are like that Dave