Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 30-09-2015, 19:18   #2056
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

I'm thinking this may be my next device http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Android-DV...item4d37ff70f3
Advertisement
Old 30-09-2015, 19:58   #2057
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
It's expensive though and lacks Amazon Prime
You can always load Kodi and add the Amazon Prime addon, I have done it on mine and works a treat, the interface is not as good as a native app but it does the job.
Old 30-09-2015, 20:23   #2058
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by zantarous View Post
You can always load Kodi and add the Amazon Prime addon, .
For my personal needs, the Amazon Fire TV is better and cheaper. But out of interest, does the Kodi Amazon prime addon do 1080p and 5.1?

I have Kodi on my Fire TV, purely as a media player for my own DVDs that I've ripped, essentially to replace the My Movies WMC addon, which won't work if I ever upgrade to Windows 10.
Old 01-10-2015, 10:28   #2059
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Does anyone know when 'Man in the high castle' arrives on Amazon?
Old 01-10-2015, 11:19   #2060
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Does anyone know when 'Man in the high castle' arrives on Amazon?
http://www.tvwise.co.uk/uk-premiere-dates/
Old 01-10-2015, 19:52   #2061
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

Quote:
For my personal needs, the Amazon Fire TV is better and cheaper. But out of interest, does the Kodi Amazon prime addon do 1080p and 5.1?

I have Kodi on my Fire TV, purely as a media player for my own DVDs that I've ripped, essentially to replace the My Movies WMC addon, which won't work if I ever upgrade to Windows 10.
I have it on my android box in bedroom so never tried to see if I can get 5.1 from it, have a Fire TV in the living room.
Old 01-10-2015, 20:00   #2062
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyside View Post
Many thanks for link.

Amazon will stop sales of Apple TV and Google Chromecast

http://www.cnet.com/news/amazon-to-s...cast-apple-tv/
Old 01-10-2015, 21:09   #2063
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Many thanks for link.

Bit of a crap move by Amazon imo as it is most likely their fault the instant video isn't on these devices in the first place.
Plenty of other places that will stock those devices though.

---------- Post added at 21:09 ---------- Previous post was at 20:50 ----------

ITV Player now on firetv boxes, coming soon to sticks.
Old 01-10-2015, 21:43   #2064
passingbat
Inactive

passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
it is most likely their fault the instant video isn't on these devices in the first place.
There seems to be a debate about that on various places on the net.

Xbox and Sony games consoles are fine, as they have the Prime app on them.
Old 01-10-2015, 22:23   #2065
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:

Funny isn't it that they've chose to ban an Apple and Google TV product , what's betting going forward we see both these move into subscription On Demand TV content ? They both already offer PPV content , books , games and both now offer music streaming services.
Old 01-10-2015, 22:38   #2066
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:

Exactly mate as does my Samsug tv but Amazon instant video isn't on the uk roku but is on usa roku crazy really as ROKU has been one of the best selling devices i think.
Who knows who is to blame but it does seem Amazon are actng either in spite or retaliation, no doubt marketplace sellers will sell the chromecast and appletv though.

---------- Post added at 22:38 ---------- Previous post was at 22:35 ----------

Quote:
Funny isn't it that they've chose to ban an Apple and Google TV product , what's betting going forward we see both these move into subscription On Demand TV content ? They both already offer PPV content , books , games and both now offer music streaming services.
It is odd that it is only those two products Amazon have stopped selling, Amazon are getting far too cocky imo first with their £20 min spend for free postage and now this stupidity, i think Amazon are creating their own downfall if they continue with this kind of silliness.
Old 01-10-2015, 22:40   #2067
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Many thanks for link.

What about Roku devices in the UK? They are Primeless too.
Old 01-10-2015, 23:03   #2068
passingbat
Inactive

Quote:
but Amazon instant video isn't on the uk roku but is on usa roku crazy really as ROKU has been one of the best selling devices i think.
But how do we know that Sky didn't have anything to do with that; worried about competition for Now TV?

At the Time Sky invested in Roku, Netflix was already on there, but Prime in the UK hadn't been launched.
Old 01-10-2015, 23:05   #2069
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
But how do we know that Sky didn't have anything to do with that; worried about competition for Now TV?

At the Time Sky invested in Roku, Netflix was already on there, but Prime in the UK hadn't been launched.
Good point.
Old 01-10-2015, 23:08   #2070
passingbat
Inactive

Quote:
no doubt marketplace sellers will sell the chromecast and appletv though.

No, according to articles that I've read, market place sellers being contacted by Amazon that they can't sell them past October, was one of the things that broke the story.
Closed Thread