Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 17-09-2015, 10:44   #1966
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
First Six Star Wars Films Coming to Netflix.

http://diregeek.com/article.asp?id=1...ng+to+Netflix+
That's good, though considering Netflix have a Movies agreement with Disney due to start next year, that's not actually that surprising

http://www.theverge.com/2012/12/4/37...l-pixar-movies
Old 17-09-2015, 11:00   #1967
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
That's good, though considering Netflix have a Movies agreement with Disney due to start next year, that's not actually that surprising

http://www.theverge.com/2012/12/4/37...l-pixar-movies
The first run rights deal with Disney is for the USA , I believe Sky Movies still holds those rights in the UK.
Old 17-09-2015, 11:05   #1968
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Fair enough, so that might mean that the Star Wars films addition also only applies to the US - especially as Sky Movies had the recent Star Wars weekend.
Old 17-09-2015, 11:19   #1969
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Fair enough, so that might mean that the Star Wars films addition also only applies to the US - especially as Sky Movies had the recent Star Wars weekend.
Not sure i suppose the Star Wars films may be added to Netflix UK as they are obviously no longer first run.
Old 17-09-2015, 13:51   #1970
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
The first run rights deal with Disney is for the USA , I believe Sky Movies still holds those rights in the UK.
And of course, no one on here has access to US Netflix.
Old 17-09-2015, 14:00   #1971
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
And of course, no one on here has access to US Netflix.
Of course they do but it's certainly the minority who use VPN or Smart DNS most have never heard of it
Old 17-09-2015, 14:12   #1972
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Don't know. How would I find out?
If your speeds are iffy mate chances are they have oversubscribed in your area, i don't think you can find out officially but the speeds being iffy are normally a good indicator.
Old 17-09-2015, 16:20   #1973
tassiekev
Inactive

tassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the rough

New Amazon Fire TV box £79.99

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tech/new...k-content.html
Old 17-09-2015, 20:13   #1974
passingbat
Inactive

passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Of course they do but it's certainly the minority who use VPN or Smart DNS most have never heard of it
But I was talking about 'on here', this thread, where such things are mentioned regularly.
Old 17-09-2015, 20:47   #1975
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
But I was talking about 'on here', this thread, where such things are mentioned regularly.
Of course we where discussing Disney Movies particularly first run , Now TV movie passes can be had cheaper than the cost of Netflix plus smart dns , I appreciate you get more than just movies and superior PQ with Netflix and DNS however as I say talking specifically first run movie rights Now TV is cheaper especially if you buy passes online.
Old 17-09-2015, 20:58   #1976
passingbat
Inactive

Quote:
Of course we where discussing Disney Movies particularly first run , Now TV movie passes can be had cheaper than the cost of Netflix plus smart dns , I appreciate you get more than just movies and superior PQ with Netflix and DNS however as I say talking specifically first run movie rights Now TV is cheaper especially if you buy passes online.
But I don't recall cost being mentioned.
Old 17-09-2015, 21:08   #1977
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
But I don't recall cost being mentioned.
It wasn't I merely made an observation.
Old 17-09-2015, 21:16   #1978
passingbat
Inactive

Quote:
It wasn't I merely made an observation.
It seems to be roughly £1 - £2 extra for Netflix + Smart DNS. For 1080p and 5.1 audio, I'd happily pay that. Plus, as you pointed out, you get masses of extra content from the various Netflix regions.
Old 17-09-2015, 23:19   #1979
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
If your speeds are iffy mate chances are they have oversubscribed in your area, i don't think you can find out officially but the speeds being iffy are normally a good indicator.
Just received a 'Value Statement' from VM, it says I am on 'up to 20mbs' and not 50 as I originally thought.

Should it still be possible to obtain a watchable stream on 20mbs?
Old 17-09-2015, 23:29   #1980
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Just received a 'Value Statement' from VM, it says I am on 'up to 20mbs' and not 50 as I originally thought.

Should it still be possible to obtain a watchable stream on 20mbs?
Easily mate my bt tv sports at hd only uses 9.5mbs so streaming hd or sd should be no problem for you, infact most sd streams only require between 3mbs - 5mbs and hd between 7.5mbs - 15mbs.
Closed Thread