Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Charity blag.....

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Charity blag.....

Old 29-06-2014, 09:54   #1
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Charity blag.....

On the 20th July I'm going to be doing the Swansea Half Marathon and hope to raise money for my local RSPCA centre at Llys Nini. I'm looking to hit £250 and my aim is to beat my current PB time of 1 hour 56 minutes. This is the very first half marathon in Swansea and the rules state it has to be completed within 2 hours 30 minutes so although I have no worries with that, I'm still looking to get a new PB.

Any and all donations gratefully received

https://www.justgiving.com/RussBurt

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-06-2014, 16:41   #2
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star
Re: Charity blag.....

Good luck
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2014, 17:02   #3
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Good luck with the marathon and hope you beat your PB, but I am afraid I will not be sponsoring you. RSPCA is not a deserving charity imo, had it been someone like Macmillan then I would be digging deep.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 10:05   #4
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

*Bump*

Exactly 2 weeks to go, I'm already at just under 25% of my target - if you fancy helping me get to £250 and support a great cause why not take a look at the link in my sig

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 13-07-2014, 08:25   #5
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Another bump

Exactly a week to go if anyone fancies helping me get to 100% of my target and also support a great charity take a look at https://www.justgiving.com/RussBurt/

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 28-07-2017, 21:41   #6
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Bah humbug my son has made me take off his just giving page for Marie Curie and here I thought I was doing good giving out his page but he does not as he said I should not have done this but what he did say if anyone wants to donate to Marie Curie they can do this by https://www.mariecurie.org.uk/donate

Anyway good luck son and sorry but I thought I was doing good and I admit maybe I should have asked you first.
Old 29-07-2017, 03:24   #7
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Two of my daughters are doing the Race for Life Nottingham "Muddy" 5k on 16th September.

Their Team page is https://fundraise.cancerresearchuk.o...y-nicolas-team

They except donations from anyone

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2017, 04:58   #8
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

That is my view Paul but a promise is a promise and I will not post his just giving details on the forum but if anyone wants to send me a PM then I will gladly sent them the details and they can read my son's story along with his views on Marie Curie and just how amazing Marie Curie was in regards to my Mum especially in the last week of my Mum's life where they were there every night. Marie Curie nurses came to my parents house at 10pm and left at 7am.

What Marie Curie Nurses do:
Marie Curie Nurses can help you if you’re living with a terminal illness and want to be cared for in your own home.

We offer free nursing care to people with all terminal illnesses across the UK, as well as support for family and friends. Our nurses generally provide one-to-one nursing care and support overnight in your home, usually for eight or nine hours. In some areas, we also offer care for a shorter period of time, or during the evening or daytime, as well as care at very short notice in a crisis.

So anyone who wishes to help him raise money for his run even if it's a £1.00 then please feel free to PM me for the details. I have asked hubby if he thought this is ok to do and he said of course it is anyway he never said that you can't give out his just giving page in a PM he just said remove it from the forum tbh I think he was both shocked and maybe a little bit embarrassed at what I did, I also asked his fiancée and her exact words were go for it so that is what I'm doing.

Any donation would be most welcome as they say every penny helps