Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Changelog

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media Changelog

Old 15-10-2010, 15:17   #511
braysoj1
cf.geek

Services: virgin media xl , freeview, sky
braysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to all
Re: Virgin Media Changelog

in w yorks ex telewest v+ channel number 359

ps i hope we get espn ondemand
braysoj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-10-2010, 15:19   #512
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobbie8 View Post
TV channels being dropped and now On-demand services! Whats going on? It seems like Virgin are going back not forward!

in Teesside V+ gone down too 336 also.
It will be counting test channels and on some boxes it will count interactive streams.
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2010, 16:27   #513
Felim_Doyle
cf.geek

Services: Digital TV XL TiVo 500MB, Broadband 100Mb SuperHub, Telephone XXL
Felim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of society
Send a message via ICQ to Felim_Doyle Send a message via AIM to Felim_Doyle Send a message via MSN to Felim_Doyle Send a message via Yahoo to Felim_Doyle
Question Re: Virgin Media Changelog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
It will be counting test channels and on some boxes it will count interactive streams.
Is it correct to say then that the type of box is the differentiator and not the region? Ah, no, I just realised that we're still not all on a level playing field as some ex-TW/ex-NTL channels are not yet available everywhere. Maybe by the end of the year.
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, UK
Felim_Doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2010, 20:10   #514
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felim_Doyle View Post
Ah, no, I just realised that we're still not all on a level playing field as some ex-TW/ex-NTL channels are not yet available everywhere. Maybe by the end of the year.
There will always be regional differences, such as the Irish and Welsh channels.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2010, 22:11   #515
Felim_Doyle
cf.geek

Felim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of society
Send a message via ICQ to Felim_Doyle Send a message via AIM to Felim_Doyle Send a message via MSN to Felim_Doyle Send a message via Yahoo to Felim_Doyle
Thumbs up Re: Virgin Media Changelog

Partly true, I think. NI doesn't have any more or fewer channels AFAIK, unless they currently get RTÉ (an agreement has been reached for reciprocal exchange of UK and RoI channels throughout Ireland on DTT but I'm not sure how cable is affected) but they do have a regional variation of BBC NI and the UTV alternatives to ITV1 and ITV HD. Wales has the additional channels S4C and, until recently, S4C2 but other than that it's just regional variations of BBC Wales and ITV Wales & West, previously known as HTV.

So, if I'm correct, Wales is the only place that the number of channels should differ if all else were equal.
Old 15-10-2010, 22:33   #516
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Hopelessly wrong

NI gets RTÉ1, RTÉ2 and TG4, but doesn't get Challenge Jackpot. Wales gets S4C and S4C AD. Grimsby gets Channel 7. Leicester gets MATV. Several regions have two or three BBC1s and ITV1s.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2010, 12:11   #517
Felim_Doyle
cf.geek

Post Re: Virgin Media Changelog

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Hopelessly wrong

NI gets RTÉ1, RTÉ2 and TG4, but doesn't get Challenge Jackpot. Wales gets S4C and S4C AD. Grimsby gets Channel 7. Leicester gets MATV. Several regions have two or three BBC1s and ITV1s.
Good job I'm not sensitive to your abuse! (Mum, he's being mean to me. )

OK, so they do get the RoI channels in NI and trawler crews and Midland Asians are better represented than the rest of us. We all have access to the BBC national variations but not the BBC and ITV regional variations. I must admit, I often misuse the term regional when I mean national variation.

It makes you wonder why they don't allow everyone access to the regional variations, perhaps via the red button. If they have to do it for some postcodes anyway then it can't really be a bandwidth issue.
Old 17-10-2010, 22:08   #518
dsmuk
Inactive

dsmuk will become famous soon enoughdsmuk will become famous soon enoughdsmuk will become famous soon enough

Hallmark has changed it's name ahead of tomorrows rebrand

Channel 162 is now Universal Channel
dsmuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2010, 14:20   #519
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

As of Today (27/10/10):

-BBC HD has been moved to Virgin Channel 187.
-An BBC One HD info screen has launch on Virgin Channel 108 ahead of it launch on November 3.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 10:25   #520
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

As of Today (07/11/10):

-Discovery Knowledge has been rebranded Discovery History on Virgin Channel 217.
Old 09-11-2010, 13:00   #521
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
-Channel M has stop broadcasting on Virgin Channel 878 (Manchester only).
I have been told today that Channel M has now been remove from Virgin Media.
Old 09-11-2010, 17:46   #522
mattboothers
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media V+ & tivo (XL TV) - Freesat+ (Humax Foxsat HDR) - 20mb BB - M Phone
mattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
I have been told today that Channel M has now been remove from Virgin Media.
Why...What happened..I didnt even know it was being axed.
mattboothers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 20:19   #523
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattboothers View Post
Why...What happened..I didnt even know it was being axed.
It stopped broadcasting a while back without telling anyone, so Virgin were just showing a black screen.
Old 14-11-2010, 11:30   #524
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

-True Movies has been rebranded as True Movies 1 on Virgin Channel 424.
-Five on Demand has launch on Virgin on Demand via ''Catch up on Demand''.
Old 15-11-2010, 08:02   #525
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

As of Today (15/11/10):

-Galaxy Radio has been removed from all Digital Television Platforms (Not just Virgin Media) on Virgin Channel 919.
-LBC News 1152 has launch on Virgin Channel 919.