Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Outage TW7 - No TV Etc

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Outage TW7 - No TV Etc

Old 23-04-2017, 14:53   #16
toady
cf.geek

Services: A mix of XXL and XL
toady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud of
Re: Outage TW7 - No TV Etc

If someone doesn't like customer service being overseas, they should move to a service that only has UK call centres

The only way management will identify that overseas call centres are costing them business.

I've never found overseas customer service rude, they are limited in what they can do because they must follow the rules laid out to them
toady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-04-2017, 19:57   #17
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

toady.
If companies had more CS offices in the UK, it might reduce the job queue. All these companies want is cheap labour. While the company makes huge profits off our backs. Don't want to be rude. But that the truth
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2017, 21:57   #18
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by toady View Post
If someone doesn't like customer service being overseas, they should move to a service that only has UK call centres

The only way management will identify that overseas call centres are costing them business.

I've never found overseas customer service rude, they are limited in what they can do because they must follow the rules laid out to them

What a load of tosh that is, do you really think customers of various companies know before they subscribe to those companies for their business that they have overseas call centres?
Do you expect people to say " oh wait a minute" before I sign up to Virgin Media/ Sky i'm going to check that there call centres are in the UK, jesus H!
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2017, 21:39   #19
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I agree that you shouldn't get a poor service, Arthur, but using Indian call centres off peak reduces bills. You get what you pay for, I guess. Would you be prepared to pay more to have all CS in the UK?
Yes I would be, although equally VM could promote it as a USP - in mobile, EE do exactly that since a couple of months. As an example, I bank with First Direct - some of their interest rates for savings etc, can very easily be beaten. But for service, they are top-drawer and their telephone service plays a huge part in that.

A couple of other posts have mentioned about moving your service to a firm which uses UK-call-centres. In other industries and having weighed up the whole package, I have done exactly that in the past. Not practical with cable services.

The main issue I have found on multiple occasions, is with reporting OD faults. Offshore only seem to understand "my On Demand isn't working", and go down that avenue. It's rare for them to understand a "missing asset" explanation, and even when they do it ends up taking twice as long as a UK agent would. With all-out loss-of-service type issues, they seem ok.
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2017, 22:28   #20
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by japitts View Post
Offshore only seem to understand "my On Demand isn't working", and go down that avenue. It's rare for them to understand a "missing asset" explanation
Tell them you've got error 319 (or whatever) and they should do the right thing.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2017, 23:14   #21
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

These Companies should have a back up system, therefore these problems will continue. It could be that they are using cheap products to repair faults.

I was told today that they are changing Cables, to a newer cable ?. And this is what is causing faults. Or is it crap engineers after a few days training.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2017, 09:03   #22
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Tell them you've got error 319 (or whatever) and they should do the right thing.
I'd love to think that would do the trick!! Maybe I've just been unlucky with agents in the past, but for as long as "319" is on the status page I'm happy to let nature take its course in this particular example.

Far better there wasn't a fault in the firstplace of course... ;-)
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote