Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Has anyone shopped with PRC Direct?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Has anyone shopped with PRC Direct?

Old 17-04-2017, 12:53   #1
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Has anyone shopped with PRC Direct?

These people: http://www.prcdirect.co.uk/

Their prices seem pretty good, certainly compared to John Lewis and Amazon, but in turn that makes me a bit wary. Anyone had any experiences with them?
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-04-2017, 14:03   #2
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Re: Has anyone shopped with PRC Direct?

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.prcdirect.co.uk

PRC stands for Punjabi Record Company.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2017, 20:35   #3
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
These people: http://www.prcdirect.co.uk/

Their prices seem pretty good, certainly compared to John Lewis and Amazon, but in turn that makes me a bit wary. Anyone had any experiences with them?
Was wondering about them too.

I am after a TV and the shop i am interested in is http://www.cramptonandmoore.co.uk/ and they have awesome reviews, they also have shops so places like JL and RS may price match with them.

I am looking at a 49KS9000 TV and it costs over £200 less there with a 5 year warranty and with a free Blu Ray player compared to JL and RS. Think i will go and see RS this week and see if they will price match as they also offer the free player.
Old 18-04-2017, 07:39   #4
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Was wondering about them too.

I am after a TV and the shop i am interested in is http://www.cramptonandmoore.co.uk/ and they have awesome reviews, they also have shops so places like JL and RS may price match with them.

I am looking at a 49KS9000 TV and it costs over £200 less there with a 5 year warranty and with a free Blu Ray player compared to JL and RS. Think i will go and see RS this week and see if they will price match as they also offer the free player.
Yeah I am trying the JL price match if I can. Much better to know you're covered by their customer service and warranty.
Old 18-04-2017, 11:03   #5
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Yeah I am trying the JL price match if I can. Much better to know you're covered by their customer service and warranty.
JL will only price match if the other retailer has a high street shop.

Have you checked out crampton and moore for what you want and checked the reviews of that company as they have several shops too?
Old 18-04-2017, 13:19   #6
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

PVR direct have a store front so you may get lucky with a price match.

I will be popping into Richer Sounds later and see if they price match on either PVR or Crampton, if not i will probably order from Crampton as they have 4 stores and fantastic reviews.
Old 18-04-2017, 15:04   #7
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Yup John Lewis price matched it!

You wonder how that policy is sustainable if they compete with the cheapest high street stores but with their better warranties and customer service.
Old 18-04-2017, 16:03   #8
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Well it seems they have been around for 35+ years, so you would hope they know what they are doing.

http://www.prcdirect.co.uk/about-magento-demo-store

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2017, 17:20   #9
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Yeah they seem fine, almost all the reviews I've seen are positive. Obviously though if John Lewis price match then I feel safer with them.
Old 18-04-2017, 18:31   #10
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Yup John Lewis price matched it!

You wonder how that policy is sustainable if they compete with the cheapest high street stores but with their better warranties and customer service.
I just managed to get Richer Sounds to price match Crampton and Moore, so i saved myself £150 on the TV i wanted and also got a free Blu Ray Samsung player i have no use for!

JL had the same TV without the free Blu Ray player priced at £250 more than what i payed so i feel i got a great deal with RS.