Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 24-01-2017, 00:47   #241
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Gotta fund the v6 boxes somehow mate. But its only rumoured for now.

The funding of the V6 boxes was surely done by charging the people who took them.
Advertisement
Old 24-01-2017, 06:22   #242
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
7.6% price rise being announced April.
Proof?.
Old 24-01-2017, 07:30   #243
love Virgin2013
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media VIP
love Virgin2013 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Would VM be that mad to put them up that high after the rise we have just had in Nov?
Old 24-01-2017, 10:10   #244
figgyburn
Helter Skelter

Services: vm bbl.tvxl
figgyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Formula one to pay for..
Old 24-01-2017, 10:56   #245
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Source? Too many unsubstantiated rumours getting posted here in the absence of genuine news.

If this is true, and I sincerely hope it isn't, having just signed a new twelve month deal with VM I wonder where the protection is for us customers on accepting a new contract with an agreed price if the supplier can jack the price up with the ink barely dry on my signature? Shouldn't we get some protection by law or at least OFCOM (cough cough)? I'm committing to a full year, shouldn't the supplier be bound to do likewise?

Last edited by nialli; 24-01-2017 at 11:03.
Old 24-01-2017, 10:58   #246
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by figgyburn View Post
Formula one to pay for..
Different company (Liberty Media).
Old 24-01-2017, 11:06   #247
greeninferno
cf.addict

greeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud of

Quote:
is this across the board or the top rise for the top package i.e. VIP?
Old 24-01-2017, 11:15   #248
nialli
cf.geek

nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeninferno View Post
is this across the board or the top rise for the top package i.e. VIP?
Unsubstantiated rumour, possibly initiated by Sky lovers (wouldn't be the first time). Unless it's confirmed by Virgin Media, don't believe it.
Old 24-01-2017, 11:47   #249
paultrademark
Inactive

Services: 70MB BB
paultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
Source? Too many unsubstantiated rumours getting posted here in the absence of genuine news.

If this is true, and I sincerely hope it isn't, having just signed a new twelve month deal with VM I wonder where the protection is for us customers on accepting a new contract with an agreed price if the supplier can jack the price up with the ink barely dry on my signature? Shouldn't we get some protection by law or at least OFCOM (cough cough)? I'm committing to a full year, shouldn't the supplier be bound to do likewise?
You're free to leave for the services that are increased within 30 days of VM notifying you, that's been the case for some time now.
Old 24-01-2017, 12:18   #250
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Proof?.
I did say it's rumoured for now, in reality i expect the price rise to be between 4-5% and not until june/july ish but this is VM so who knows?
I know BT are raising prices and possibly SKY but that's all i've heard from the reliable sources.
Also as paultrademark said if vm do raise prices or any company you are free to leave without penalty, i wish more people would do this and make companies think a bit.
Also i repeat what i have said in the past unless its a link to a website i will never post proof due to the fact people come to tell me rumours in confidence knowing i will never reveal their identity ever.
Old 24-01-2017, 12:36   #251
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

You don't need to be Albert Einstein to work out subscription increases will come thick and fast.

With fierce competition leading to eye-watering discounts to attract new customers and more people ringing retentions and being offered higher discounts to retain custom simple economics tells you someone has to make up that shortfall and sadly that's the existing customer base.
Old 24-01-2017, 12:54   #252
nialli
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
You don't need to be Albert Einstein to work out subscription increases will come thick and fast.
"Thick and fast"? Sky and BT are putting up prices again and Now TV will probably follow suit. Let's hope VM aren't quite so quick this year - the increases last year weren't welcome and the people I've spoken to in Retentions suggested that lessons had been learned (although that's probably hearsay).
Old 24-01-2017, 13:10   #253
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
"Thick and fast"? Sky and BT are putting up prices again and Now TV will probably follow suit. Let's hope VM aren't quite so quick this year - the increases last year weren't welcome and the people I've spoken to in Retentions suggested that lessons had been learned (although that's probably hearsay).
I was referring to all the companies not just Virgin.

See my posts in the Sports thread , I've been very critical of Sky for doing this.

Last edited by muppetman11; 24-01-2017 at 13:13.
Old 24-01-2017, 13:35   #254
toady
cf.geek

Services: A mix of XXL and XL
toady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud of

Quote:
With that sort of increase it will just spur me on to cut the cord and just live with Freeview and broadband with a couple of streaming services
Old 24-01-2017, 13:37   #255
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I was referring to all the companies not just Virgin.

See my posts in the Sports thread , I've been very critical of Sky for doing this.
That's a first.