Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | VM Speed report

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

VM Speed report

Old 11-07-2017, 18:10   #1
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
VM Speed report

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/...edia-users-see
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-07-2017, 18:14   #2
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age
Re: VM Speed report

On cue, my maximum speed this afternoon is only 95Mb, when I normally get 332Mb, 24/7. Just about to ring CS
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 19:15   #3
TAZMANUK
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Volt Package, V6, 1 gig bb, WiFi max 2 pods, maxit TV, anytime chatter
TAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to TAZMANUK

nice to see my town in 5th of best makes a change.
TAZMANUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 12:16   #4
ileikcaek
cf.addict

ileikcaek has disabled reputation

I'm in East Kent and it is showing as the worst area by TBB metrics. Dover and Folkestone are 7 miles apart and are both in the worst 10.

I have noticed these issues and I get dire speeds in the evenings. Every summer during the school holidays the whole thing goes to pot too. There doesn't seem to have been any network investments in this corner for a long time now, but there has been infill work in some parts of town adding to the load. The CMTS I'm connected to is a BSR 64000 with 12DS and 2US still on 16QAM. I wonder if we will get any improvements anytime soon.

here is my 200/12 speed at 11:18am today

Last edited by ileikcaek; 12-07-2017 at 12:27.
ileikcaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 17:35   #5
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

I was in the top ten worst areas (Stretford) but happily our area was finally sorted last month ending over 2 years of atrocious over utilisation.

I would have loved to get the speeds showing in ileikcaek' post. My 200/12 speed would start the day at around 25-30/12 and by evening I was lucky to get anywhere near 10/12.

I was, in the end, receiving a credit for virtually all my BB costs. Having to phone up to get the credit every single month was a right pain in the butt not to mention adding insult to injury.