Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | well impressed with service

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Introduce a friend?

Old 09-06-2011, 14:58   #1
Boaz
cf.addict

Boaz is just really niceBoaz is just really niceBoaz is just really niceBoaz is just really niceBoaz is just really niceBoaz is just really nice
Introduce a friend?

Hello

Now my son moved down to Cambridge he asked me to phone VM to introduce him as a friend so that I may get the 'Introduce a friend' reward.

After speaking to the lady on the phone she said that as my son is only taking the one feature - Broadband, that I won't be entitled to the ''Introduce a friend' reward.

Is that right or have I been palmed off?
Boaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-06-2011, 15:13   #2
Charliedontsurf
Permanently Banned

Services: Sky+HDx4,Skyworld+Multiroom. VM 50Mb
Charliedontsurf has ruffled too many feathersCharliedontsurf has ruffled too many feathersCharliedontsurf has ruffled too many feathersCharliedontsurf has ruffled too many feathersCharliedontsurf has ruffled too many feathersCharliedontsurf has ruffled too many feathers
Re: Introduce a friend??

No one knows, No one will ever know.

Virginmedia is run the same way as FIFA.

To receive the Connect a Friend credit, you must be an existing Virgin Media customer but not a Virgin Media National PAYG dial-up customer. Your friend must subscribe to any Virgin Media service (other than our Free TV only service), subject to status and credit checks

From HERE
Charliedontsurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 15:17   #3
Blackened
Inactive

Blackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpack

I did this once but they came up with something obscure like there was no R in the month so I didn't qualify. Never bothered since.
Blackened is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 16:55   #4
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

I don,t think that is fair, they would stil be getting the business.
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 17:00   #5
Boaz
cf.addict

Boaz is just really niceBoaz is just really niceBoaz is just really niceBoaz is just really niceBoaz is just really niceBoaz is just really nice

First guy I spoke to said I qualified for it, then he transferred my call to Sales who then told me that I wasn't entitled as my son was only going for the one package, broadband.......I may phone them back!
Old 09-06-2011, 17:04   #6
Dave9946
Inactive

Dave9946 is a jewel in the roughDave9946 is a jewel in the roughDave9946 is a jewel in the roughDave9946 is a jewel in the roughDave9946 is a jewel in the rough

Almost like they forget they have the introduce a friend policy untill someone phones up to claim the credit lol.

There sure is an ever growing list of issues thats covered in there terms and policy that only virgin employees can see where the rest of us cant lol.
Dave9946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 17:35   #7
Boaz
cf.addict

Re: Introduce a friend?

I decided to phoned VM back....they said I can still receive the 'refer a friend' reward just by adding my friend on their website which is good, although that remains to be seen. I'm hopeful.

Thanks Charlie for that link.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:39   #8
Your_da
Inactive

Your_da is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, I just added my friend on the website, they took care of the rest and added the money to my account. No hassle at all.
Your_da is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:21   #9
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Connect a Friend is via the website only, you can't do it by phone

http://connectfriends.virginmedia.com/

---------- Post added at 10:21 ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave9946 View Post
Almost like they forget they have the introduce a friend policy untill someone phones up to claim the credit lol.

There sure is an ever growing list of issues thats covered in there terms and policy that only virgin employees can see where the rest of us cant lol.
Terms are quite clear on the Connect a Friend website as to who is eligible and who isn't
Old 10-06-2011, 11:28   #10
Dave9946
Inactive

Dave9946 is a jewel in the roughDave9946 is a jewel in the roughDave9946 is a jewel in the roughDave9946 is a jewel in the roughDave9946 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Connect a Friend is via the website only, you can't do it by phone

http://connectfriends.virginmedia.com/

---------- Post added at 10:21 ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 ----------

Terms are quite clear on the Connect a Friend website as to who is eligible and who isn't

Yeah, I gathered that after thanks for clarifying it though . But it would have helped if CS\Sales would have informed how to claim it in the first place assuming it was a qualifying claim of cause than the confusing respone he did seem to get.
Dave9946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:34   #11
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

They should be aware as it is within the process information they have

e.g. 'Customer want's to connect a friend - inform them of the following website'
Old 10-06-2011, 11:44   #12
Boaz
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave9946 View Post
Yeah, I gathered that after thanks for clarifying it though . But it would have helped if CS\Sales would have informed how to claim it in the first place assuming it was a qualifying claim of cause than the confusing respone he did seem to get.
I'm a 'she'.

But yeah, I agree with that, they should have told me on the phone the first time that I was able to do it via the website to qualify. I don't know if I will still get the reward, was told I would so we will see.

I don't see why it's online only though.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:50   #13
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boaz View Post
I don't see why it's online only though.
It's to make sure that it's all validated correctly and that customers can track the progress themselves rather than continually phoning up Customer Services which is what used to happen
Old 25-06-2011, 14:31   #14
ErnieBean
Inactive

ErnieBean is infamous around these partsErnieBean is infamous around these parts

A few years ago I recommended a friend, after the affect I heard nothing and received
nothing.

and since other incidents with VM, I would not recommend a stranger never mind a friend
ErnieBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2011, 16:59   #15
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

This is not really fair. did you complain to them about this, or was it a waste of time.
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote