Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | New Store

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems

Metal Gear Solid 4

Old 02-04-2008, 18:07   #1
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Services: V + HD V Telephone V Cable 20MB
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze age
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze age
Metal Gear Solid 4

UPDATES* a bit on the translation:
There are cut scenes that last 30+ minutes!
The screens are from the old build of last year;
nanomachines play a big role in mgs4, they contribute in a sense to the change of how war is fought. The author can't be more specific though (nda prolly).
- all cut scenes are real time
- some cut scenes are very long (30 minutes even for some)
- some cut scenes are controllable. For example: during the briefing in the second mission, you can choose different camera angles.
- some graphical elements make the game come to life: birds flying over, cables swaying in the wind, a lot of explosions, etc.)
- still a lot of aliasing but nothing serious
- still some framedrops but a lot better than it was at tgs07
- explosions, fire and smoke effects are amazing
- you really think you are on the battlefield, thanks to the ambiance and sound in the game (a lot of credibility in the environments).
- synchronization in speech not perfect yet, but Kojima promises it will be in the final version.
- new animations (snake reaches for his shoulder sometimes because he's in pain), new cqc movements, rolling barrel is a great addition
- solid eye and mkII have a battery that will autocharge when not in use

30 Mins cut scenes

So excited for this.
STONEISLAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-04-2008, 18:18   #2
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
Re: Metal Gear Solid 4

Cant wait for this myself. Been waiting way to long. Only a couple months off now. And Metal gear online. The 30min cuts scenes will be enjoyable if done right. MGS has always had long cut-scenes and they never bothered me I actually enjoy them. Its easy to see why they had to squeeze this onto blu-ray even with all that lovely space.

Btw I think thats two screen together is it ? if so move one under the other m8 cause its stretched the page lol.
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 19:04   #3
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

I really dislike cut-scenes. I just want to play a game and I have noticed a even higher amount of games with cut-scene after cut-scene and it drives me crazy. I loved MGS1 and 2 was good, but have you ever tried to play MGS2 and skip all the cut scenes? It's very short!

MGS4 is the type of game I would buy a console for, but after MGS3 I am wary. How much of the stealth, hiding, quick kills, mechanic remains in this game?
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 19:25   #4
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Services: V + HD V Telephone V Cable 20MB
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze age
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I really dislike cut-scenes. I just want to play a game and I have noticed a even higher amount of games with cut-scene after cut-scene and it drives me crazy. I loved MGS1 and 2 was good, but have you ever tried to play MGS2 and skip all the cut scenes? It's very short!

MGS4 is the type of game I would buy a console for, but after MGS3 I am wary. How much of the stealth, hiding, quick kills, mechanic remains in this game?
It will be like a movie I guess.
STONEISLAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 11:21   #5
icestar2
Inactive

icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
MGS4 BOX ART
Old 07-04-2008, 16:56   #6
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Its Tom Selleck, lol.
Old 07-04-2008, 17:07   #7
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

Quote:
Originally Posted by icestar2 View Post

MGS4 BOX ART

You really think so? lol actually I can see the likeness... slightly
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 17:20   #8
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
Old 07-04-2008, 17:25   #9
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

Ahaha you were bored
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 17:44   #10
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Can't take the credit. Found it on kotaku.com.

I wish I had good Photoshop skills.
Old 07-04-2008, 18:07   #11
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

Cerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthYoda View Post

Thats quality. After a boring day at work, that really made me laugh. I nearly fell off my chair.
Cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 18:08   #12
icestar2
Inactive

That other box art is possible US but European Box Art is meant to be this one. any1 think ours seems a bit poo compaired to it ?

Actually after looking at it a bit more I guess this one is good to as its like the older MGS game box arts. Which do you prefair ?
Old 08-04-2008, 18:00   #13
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

Cerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of Quads

Prefer the other box art mate.
Cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 15:35   #14
icestar2
Inactive

Well here's some good new if you didnt see it in the PSN store update thread. When the new store goes live on the 17th for us we will all have access to the Metal Gear Solid: Online Beta

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/04/11/...ding-mgo-beta/

Quote:
SCEE has confirmed that the PSN Store redesign will be going live on April 15th. It has also been revealed that the European Store won't get updated until Thursday the 17th, but it should be worth the wait. A list of upcoming content was included in the press release, including the European Metal Gear Online beta. From the looks of things, it'll be an open beta for anyone who wants to take part, unlike in the US or Japan where beta keys were handed out with Metal Gear Solid 4 preorders
Old 23-04-2008, 18:45   #15
icestar2
Inactive

MGS 4 Implies Child Rape. . . . .WTF ! ? ?

Quote:
Apparently, the BBFC (British Board of Film Classification) said that Metal Gear Solid 4 featured "implied child rape." Since then, the description has been deleted. The original description noted that "references to suicide and an implied child rape" were featured in the game.
Quote:
While that description has since been removed, Kojima Productions contacted Kotaku with a statement, noting that there is no "rape" in the game: "There is mention of child trauma, which is probably why they added 'implied." Considering the game's 15 rating (as opposed to the more adult 18 rating), we doubt anything truly horrific could've been included.