Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | New Store

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems

New Store

Old 31-03-2008, 20:16   #1
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Services: V + HD V Telephone V Cable 20MB
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze age
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze age
New Store

Looks like we are getting a new look store soon.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=185789
STONEISLAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 31-03-2008, 21:03   #2
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
Re: New Store

Yes this was announced a couple months back. We wont be getting any updates to the PSN store for the next 2 weeks. That means no more thursday updates with demos, games and trailers for the next 2 weeks. However Sony has said there will be a good surprise for us once the new store launches mid april. Hopefully it will be all the games the the American PSN has that we've been waiting for way to long.

EDIT**
Might be worth re-naming thread title to New PNS store or PSN store re-vamp.
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2008, 21:04   #3
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

Cerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of Quads

Aye I noticed that when they updated the store for the whole GT5 debacle. A big advertisement said, "New look store coming soon!"

That layout looks a lot better. Nice find
Cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2008, 21:38   #4
STONEISLAND
Inactive

STONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by icestar2 View Post
Yes this was announced a couple months back. We wont be getting any updates to the PSN store for the next 2 weeks. That means no more thursday updates with demos, games and trailers for the next 2 weeks. However Sony has said there will be a good surprise for us once the new store launches mid april. Hopefully it will be all the games the the American PSN has that we've been waiting for way to long.

EDIT**
Might be worth re-naming thread title to New PNS store or PSN store re-vamp.
it will come with in game XMB and HOME (of sorts) I'm sure.
Old 31-03-2008, 22:39   #5
shawty
Permanently Banned

shawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by STONEISLAND View Post
it will come with in game XMB and HOME (of sorts) I'm sure.
I doubt it. Im sure we will know when these are coming with it not being a suprise.
shawty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2008, 23:49   #6
icestar2
Inactive

icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

The new store will be software based and not web-based like it is now. A firmware update will activate the new store. In game XMB and Home are both being worked on but I think for Home a release would be announced. As for in game XMB well its possible due to it also being a firmware update and sony tend not to let people know till the last minute if at all but I am more inclined to think it will be to do with the store because of the lack of updates.
Old 04-04-2008, 15:43   #7
icestar2
Inactive

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/04/04/...deo-coming-ne/

Bit more info
Old 10-04-2008, 15:12   #8
icestar2
Inactive

Update** NEW PSN April 15th !

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/04/10/...-for-the-15th/

Quote:
A press release sent out by SCEJ has revealed that firmware version 2.30 and, by extension, the newly redesigned PlayStation Store will be available on April 15th. There's no word on whether new content will be placed on the store on the day that the redesign goes live, and we're all too familiar with how much Sony hates updating the store on days that don't begin with "Thurs." When the update does go live, however, we'll have plenty of exciting content to look forward to -- Americans can finally get their hands on GT5:P and Warhawk fans the world over will be able to grab the latest expansion. What else? We have no idea, but we're excited to find out.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:35   #9
icestar2
Inactive

Another Update lol. Follow the link for a video walkthrough of the new PSN store comming April 15th.

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/04/10/...tore-redesign/

Quote:
Screenshots are all very well, but we've been waiting and waiting to see the PSN Store redesign in all its full-motion glory. Well, the time has come. Instead of a Store release post (there won't be one today, remember?) Grace Chen has stepped in front of a camera in order to show off the redesign to us. Thankfully, it looks fantastic. Complete with SingStar-esque fades between pages.

Some of these features are more than we'd ever have anticipated. Being able to see every piece of content, whether it's a demo, wallpaper, theme or add-on pack for each particular game is excellent -- as are the pop-up and full screen preview videos. Finally, it's nice to see that the Store will no longer shrink when you buy content, instead a wee shopping bag will let you know that you've already bought it. Great. We can't wait to get our hands on the new Store when it's released on April 15th.
Old 11-04-2008, 16:32   #10
icestar2
Inactive

Another Update lol. Our PSN wont be updated till the 17th rather than the 15th but we will get something very nice THE MGS:Online Beta !

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/04/11/...ding-mgo-beta/

Quote:
SCEE has confirmed that the PSN Store redesign will be going live on April 15th. It has also been revealed that the European Store won't get updated until Thursday the 17th, but it should be worth the wait. A list of upcoming content was included in the press release, including the European Metal Gear Online beta. From the looks of things, it'll be an open beta for anyone who wants to take part, unlike in the US or Japan where beta keys were handed out with Metal Gear Solid 4 preorders. Here's what we can expect to see next Thursday:
  • Metal Gear Online Premiere Beta
  • Warhawk: Operation Broken Mirror expansion
  • Lair "Diabolical Dragons" pack
  • Lair "Skyguard Upgrade" pack
  • "A collection of trailers including the latest for GTA IV"
  • Sega Superstar Tennis demo
Old 12-04-2008, 02:14   #11
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

Cerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by icestar2 View Post
Another Update lol. Our PSN wont be updated till the 17th rather than the 15th but we will get something very nice THE MGS:Online Beta !

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/04/11/...ding-mgo-beta/
OMG So flippin sweet!
Cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 17:59   #12
Charlie_Bubble
Inactive

Charlie_Bubble has reached the bronze age
Charlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze age

The Sony PS3 store certainly needs something. My 360 has died, so I actually got my PS3 out of its box last night (Got it free and had no need to use it before). Plugged it in, signed up etc and went online. The shop is poor to say the least, for a big company like Sony to rely on a very basic website to sell their services is pathetic. There were even red crosses where some pictures obviously couldn't be found by the webpage. Overall I was disappointed by the PS3 and it will be going back in its cage later. I'll send my 360 off for repair on monday and it should be back to me shortly after I get back from my hols!
Charlie_Bubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2008, 11:10   #13
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Must admit after a quick browse my thoughts
  1. Slow loading
  2. Corrupted images!!
  3. **** lay out
  4. No easier to navigate
I just do not like it.
Old 15-04-2008, 11:43   #14
icestar2
Inactive

I dunno whats wrong with your store Stone m8. Mines working perfectly. Not slow, not missing images. Very easy to navigate. Maybe just with every1 downlading it at same time its putting a strain on network but saying that I got it in a matter of seconds.

Also we have got it early to. We were not meant to get it till 17th in Europe.

All in all I like it very very much. Its 10X better than the old store. Not that I dissliked that store in the first place but this is a majour improvment. Any1 else ? thoughts ?

EDIT** I think maybe we got it early due to us getting MGS:Online Beta on thursday. Thats probably gonna hit the network hard. CANT WAIT ! !
Old 15-04-2008, 12:03   #15
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Its not early. I am sure the store was always meant to go live today the 15th.