Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Need advice with new flat not on VM system

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues

Installer just left - I AM FURIOUS

Old 06-05-2011, 14:12   #1
martinpeter111
Inactive

martinpeter111 is an unknown quantity at this point
Installer just left - I AM FURIOUS

Having been a long time old Tivo user, I was delighted to order a new one, and registered the moment I could. Installation was today. Got a call from the installer as he left (I was at work, by wife was at home) to say "by the way, we didn't have any of those Tivo things so I put a V+ box in, I hope that is OK).

I only ordered this to get TiVo, and now I'm paying Virgin 80+ quid a month +200 quid install for something I would never have ordered.

I called customer services, spent AGES on hold, spoke to someone who said there was nothing she could do, but the installs team will call me back.

Anyone on here had experience like this, and can advice what I should do next. This is my first and only experience of dealing with Virgin Media, and it's not gone well.
martinpeter111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-05-2011, 14:42   #2
pabscars
Inactive

Services: TiVo, 75 Smeg Broadband
pabscars has reached the bronze age
pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age
Re: Installer just left - I AM FURIOUS

Welcome to the forum by the way, although this isnt Virgin Media's support forum there are staff that frequent this site that may be able to advise further.

The best advice I can give is call back and choose the "thinking of leaving us option", you should get through to uk support staff who should be able to sort you out.

Not a very pleasant start but I would say it's not typical behavior from VM
pabscars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 14:49   #3
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

That's flaming outrageous - the installer needs re-training at the very least if he doesn't understand that V+ and TiVo are completely different products.

I would not assume you're going to get a call back. They are famously poor at keeping that sort of promise. Phone up again and do as pabs suggests - threatening to leave is unfortunately the best way of getting a UK agent who is actually empowered to deal with the problem.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 15:06   #4
martinpeter111
Inactive

Oddly enough, they just called and said they are sending a new box today, should be there mid afternoon. If they do correct this that quickly, it would turn a bad performance into a very speedy correction. I'll let you know if they keep their promise!!
Old 06-05-2011, 15:13   #5
pabscars
Inactive

Services: TiVo, 75 Smeg Broadband
pabscars has reached the bronze age
pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age

Sounds like a result to me, keep ya fingers crossed it turns up, if it doesn't get strait on the blower again and take no prisoners.
pabscars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 16:43   #6
Zing

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabscars View Post
Sounds like a result to me, keep ya fingers crossed it turns up, if it doesn't get strait on the blower again and take no prisoners.
I would threaten to cancel and demand a full refund as what you ordered was not supplied and inform VM you are more than happy to take them to court. I personally think VM are allowed to get away with to much because customers are unsure of their rghts or are to easy blagged by VM staff who have no idea at all on contract law and try to tell you they do.Just remember it does not matter what the company policy is statatory rights can not be cirmumvented any any means of denying them you or misleading you is illegal

http://whatconsumer.co.uk/what-are-my-statutory-rights/

Obviously I hope you get your box and the result you want without to much hassle
Old 06-05-2011, 16:46   #7
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Angry Re: Installer just left - I AM FURIOUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinpeter111 View Post
Having been a long time old Tivo user, I was delighted to order a new one, and registered the moment I could. Installation was today. Got a call from the installer as he left (I was at work, by wife was at home) to say "by the way, we didn't have any of those Tivo things so I put a V+ box in, I hope that is OK).

I only ordered this to get TiVo, and now I'm paying Virgin 80+ quid a month +200 quid install for something I would never have ordered.

I called customer services, spent AGES on hold, spoke to someone who said there was nothing she could do, but the installs team will call me back.

Anyone on here had experience like this, and can advice what I should do next. This is my first and only experience of dealing with Virgin Media, and it's not gone well.
if he worked for me and did that to a customer l would sack him on the spot.
denphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 17:14   #8
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Absolutely outrageous Even if it does get fixed - and I hope so, and quickly! - I would still make a huge fuss and report this guy; even as far up as the CEO.

For balance, I would also thank them for fixing the error so quickly as well though
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 17:56   #9
martinpeter111
Inactive

Well stone the crows, TiVo is at home. Rushing there now. If it all works, hats off to Virgin for fixing the problem within 4 hours!!

Not furious any more...
Old 06-05-2011, 18:24   #10
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Don't say that so soon. Try it out and make sure it works first.

Good luck.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote