Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | LG Home Cinema Set Up - Help Needed

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues

LG Home Cinema Set Up - Help Needed

Old 01-05-2011, 10:49   #1
Novice64
Inactive

Novice64 is an unknown quantity at this point
LG Home Cinema Set Up - Help Needed

Hi - a complete novice here and in need of help.

I have
VBox HD
LG 47LD450 LCD TV
and want to add
LG HB965TZ 5.1 home cinema system

I have left HDMI cable from Vbox to TV and connected the cinema system to the TV via seperate HDMI and can watch either TV (without sound via cinema system) or DVDs with surround sound.

How do I watch TV with sound via cinema system?

Many thanks
Novice64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-05-2011, 11:02   #2
weesteev
Cable Guru

Services: Virgin Media Gig1 RFOG, TV360, Stream, GoFibre 1Gb
weesteev has reached the bronze age
weesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze age
Re: LG Home Cinema Set Up - Help Needed

Connect an optical cable from the TV to the home cinema system, if your TV doesn't have a socket then connect the optical output from the V+ box to the home cinema system instead.

Access Network Innovation @ Liberty Global/Virgin Media

All comments are my own opinion and not a direct expression of LG/VM.
weesteev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:13   #3
Jon T
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Telephone and 100Mb broadband, Sky Q
Jon T has reached the bronze age
Jon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze age

At first glance it looks at though you need a second HDMI cable one of the HDMI inputes on the 5.1. The optical cable mentioned above should also work.
Jon T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:58   #4
Novice64
Inactive

Novice64 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the suggestion but the optical cable from TV to cinema system does not seem to have worked - are there any settings that I would need to change?

---------- Post added at 10:58 ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 ----------

OK - fixed thanks. Needed to select optical input
Novice64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:11   #5
Fitze73
Inactive

Services: 2 X Sky+HD 1x LG blu ray home cinema, PS3, XBox360,W
Fitze73 has a spectacular aura about themFitze73 has a spectacular aura about themFitze73 has a spectacular aura about themFitze73 has a spectacular aura about them

you need to select the sound via your tv (simplink ) change your speaker to HT from the options i have a lg 55le9900 and a LG blu ray home cinema , that way all your speakers including tv ones are in sync with the home cinema
Fitze73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2011, 20:57   #6
Blackened
Inactive

Blackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitze73 View Post
you need to select the sound via your tv (simplink ) change your speaker to HT from the options i have a lg 55le9900 and a LG blu ray home cinema , that way all your speakers including tv ones are in sync with the home cinema
Sorry to dig up an old thread, just wanted to say a BIG thanks for this post, as I was getting a sync issue. Also now HT speakers selected by Simplink (which was off..) I can control my LG home theatre volume with the V+ remote. Very happy
Unfortunately as the thread is old I can't leave you + Rep.
Blackened is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 09:23   #7
Fitze73
Inactive

Services: 2 X Sky+HD 1x LG blu ray home cinema, PS3, XBox360,W
Fitze73 has a spectacular aura about themFitze73 has a spectacular aura about themFitze73 has a spectacular aura about themFitze73 has a spectacular aura about them

no problem just glad i could help
Fitze73 is offline   Reply With Quote