Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Pin number

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Pin number

Old 12-12-2017, 11:32   #1
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
Pin number

I'm being asked for my PIN number when trying to view movies before 10pm.

I have never used this facility, would it be a default setting - if so what would it be?

(I wouldn't mind but it was Star Wars film originally shown before 10pm anyway so I don't see why it is doing this!)
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-12-2017, 11:46   #2
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Pin number

The default PIN is 1234.

The rules for when it does or doesn't ask for a PIN are complex, depending on the rating of the programme, the time of day, the channel it is being shown on, and the Parental Controls & Purchase Controls settings.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 14:20   #3
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
The default PIN is 1234.

The rules for when it does or doesn't ask for a PIN are complex, depending on the rating of the programme, the time of day, the channel it is being shown on, and the Parental Controls & Purchase Controls settings.
Thanks for the reply, I really would have thought it was unnecessary if the film was originally on pre the 10pm watershed.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2017, 14:08   #4
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

It's a pain, I've changed mine to 1111 to make it easier.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2017, 14:32   #5
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Thanks for the reply, I really would have thought it was unnecessary if the film was originally on pre the 10pm watershed.
It's not just 10pm

The rating works as follows (from here https://help.virginmedia.com/system/...-Virgin-TV-PIN )

• Programmes rated 12, before 8pm
  • Programmes rated 15, before 9pm
  • Programmes rated 18, before 10pm
Old 13-12-2017, 16:08   #6
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardcoulter View Post
it's a pain, i've changed mine to 1111 to make it easier.
snap👍
RobboEdin is online now   Reply With Quote