Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit discussion

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Brexit discussion
Closed Thread

Old 22-11-2017, 12:01   #871
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: Brexit discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbxx View Post
The fear mongering was just a suggestion, not to be taken literally
You mistake me for someone who does. I have never taken what some of the Remainers have said, literally and I never will.
Advertisement
Old 22-11-2017, 12:44   #872
jonbxx
cf.mega poster

Services: VM VIP Pack
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
You mistake me for someone who does. I have never taken what some of the Remainers have said, literally and I never will.
Well, critical thinking, analysing information, producing hypotheses and being able to change opinions in light of new evidence are what raises us above the beasts and is a great thing.

I for one always try to get more than one source of evidence and try and avoid sources that are a) biased and b) unacceptable to some. So, for example, I always avoid quoting articles from The Guardian. I would also put The Independent, The Express, The Mail and Order Order in that bucket. There are usually elements of truth but the spin and cherry picking is clear. I would however quote sources from academia (London School of Economics as an example) or organisations that drive public policy (ONS and OECD for example)
Old 22-11-2017, 14:03   #873
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts

It was annouced in the paper - Labour MP Angela Rayner celebrates being a grandmother at 37

Ok so **** happens and you can't help what sometimes happens with your kids but the article goes on.

Mrs Rayner has previously spoken about how being pregnant with her first child at the age of 16 "saved" her, at a time when she left school in Stockport, Greater Manchester, with no qualifications.

Earlier this year, the former care worker and trade union officer told an event at the Labour Party conference: "Even though getting pregnant at 16 and having no qualifications is not the best start for anybody, you've got to understand where my life was.

"It actually saved me from where I could have been because I had a little person to look after.

"I wanted to prove that I could be a good mum and somebody was finally going to love me as much as I deserved to be loved and that's what pregnancy was for me."

Mrs Rayner was elected to Parliament in 2015 and was promoted to Jeremy Corbyn's shadow cabinet within little more than a year, following a string of resignations from Labour's frontbench in June 2016.

She is frequently touted as a possible future Labour leader.

Says it all really about Labour. Had a kid at 16, No qualifications and is tipped to be a future leader.

God help us all
Old 22-11-2017, 14:12   #874
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin78 View Post
It was annouced in the paper - Labour MP Angela Rayner celebrates being a grandmother at 37

Ok so **** happens and you can't help what sometimes happens with your kids but the article goes on.

Mrs Rayner has previously spoken about how being pregnant with her first child at the age of 16 "saved" her, at a time when she left school in Stockport, Greater Manchester, with no qualifications.

Earlier this year, the former care worker and trade union officer told an event at the Labour Party conference: "Even though getting pregnant at 16 and having no qualifications is not the best start for anybody, you've got to understand where my life was.

"It actually saved me from where I could have been because I had a little person to look after.

"I wanted to prove that I could be a good mum and somebody was finally going to love me as much as I deserved to be loved and that's what pregnancy was for me."

Mrs Rayner was elected to Parliament in 2015 and was promoted to Jeremy Corbyn's shadow cabinet within little more than a year, following a string of resignations from Labour's frontbench in June 2016.

She is frequently touted as a possible future Labour leader.

Says it all really about Labour. Had a kid at 16, No qualifications and is tipped to be a future leader.

God help us all

No qualifications doesn't mean she's not up to the job. I didn't know there were any particular educational requirements for leaders of political parties. John Major did a correspondence course in banking - and he didn't do that badly for himself.

Cheers

Dave
Old 22-11-2017, 14:16   #875
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth View Post
No qualifications doesn't mean she's not up to the job. I didn't know there were any particular educational requirements for leaders of political parties. John Major did a correspondence course in banking - and he didn't do that badly for himself.

Cheers

Dave
Young girls can get pregnant from all walks of life and are not consigned to one certain group of people.
Old 22-11-2017, 14:21   #876
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth View Post

Cheers

Dave
Because this is all about Labour party. No wonder the likes of DA can't get the numbers right, this is the reasons why the country went broke under the last labour and this is the reason why they spend spend spend and don't know how to invest.
Old 22-11-2017, 14:26   #877
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin78 View Post
I do not vote labour, and never will, but I dont really see the relevance of "had a kid at 16".

She seems a better choice than what they have atm.

Baby, I was born this way.
Old 22-11-2017, 14:31   #878
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Sounds like someone whose at least had a difference experience than the usual Eton > Oxbridge (PPE naturally) > Special Advisor > MP route.
Old 22-11-2017, 15:34   #879
jonbxx
cf.mega poster

Services: VM VIP Pack
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal

Yeah, I think we had the discussion between education and intelligence a few pages back...
Old 22-11-2017, 16:21   #880
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Its not really relevant to Brexit anyway, so back to the topic please.

Baby, I was born this way.
Old 23-11-2017, 22:13   #881
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

So, 2030 for a trade deal with India and we must accept more immigrants from that country reports the Telegraph. Of course, everyone who voted leave knew this anyway.
Quote:
Britain must accept more immigrants if it wants a free trade deal, Indian diplomat warns
Britain must accept higher levels of immigration from India if it hopes to sign a free trade agreement after Brexit, a senior Indian diplomat has warned, as he predicted it could take up to a decade to secure the deal.
YK Sinha, India’s High Commissioner to the UK, said "freer movement of people and professionals" had to form part of any future deal to ensure it was “mutually beneficial.”
Speaking to Indian business leaders in London, Mr Sinha said he was “very confident” that a “winning partnership” between the two countries would emerge after Britain's departure from the EU.
However, he also warned that signing a free trade agreement was “obviously not going to be easy” and suggested that the deal may not be complete until 2030.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...-warns-senior/

---------- Post added at 21:13 ---------- Previous post was at 20:51 ----------

A sad loss, Glasgow and Liverpool really benefited from being European capitals of culture. Something else the Brexiters said we wouldn't lose out on but Brexit means Brexit as the country is learning.
Quote:
EU blocks UK cities from European Capital of Culture bids after Brexit
European Union bosses have banned the UK from competing for the title of European Capital of Culture, even though five bids have already been launched.
Leeds, Nottingham, Milton Keynes and Dundee were all bidding for the 2023 prize, along with a joint bid from Belfast and Derry.
But they have seen their hopes ended by the European Commission, which has ruled UK entries "will not be possible" due to the Brexit vote.
https://news.sky.com/story/eu-blocks...rexit-11140057
Old 23-11-2017, 22:24   #882
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
A sad loss, Glasgow and Liverpool really benefited from being European capitals of culture. Something else the Brexiters said we wouldn't lose out on but Brexit means Brexit as the country is learning.

https://news.sky.com/story/eu-blocks...rexit-11140057
We are not leaving Europe, and they are still European cities and they still will be after we leave the EU, there is no reason to block their entries other than the EU being a bunch of halfwits, yet again, this shows what a bunch of spoiled pillocks they are in the EU and thank goodness we are leaving! My vote to leave becomes ever validated, with every passing day, post referendum!!!!!!!!
Old 23-11-2017, 22:28   #883
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

It is a European Commission award but Istanbul have won it before on the bias they 'might' join the EU. Turkey is a long way from every being admitted into the EU so if they qualify on that criteria we should qualify as having been a member.
Old 23-11-2017, 22:36   #884
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Oh dear, we'd better stay in the EU then as everyone we want to do a trade deal with will dictate their own terms and we'll have no say in the matter whatsoever.

Of course in the real world, trade negotiations are a 2 way street and both sides will have their initial objectives and the end result will be somewhere in the middle. If the EU had done that when Cameron called on them last year, there'd have been no Brexit but that's the EU for you. They demand flexibility and concessions but offer few if any. They're the ones who need to get real!

---------- Post added at 21:36 ---------- Previous post was at 21:34 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
We are not leaving Europe, and they are still European cities and they still will be after we leave the EU, there is no reason to block their entries other than the EU being a bunch of halfwits, yet again, this shows what a bunch of spoiled pillocks they are in the EU and thank goodness we are leaving! My vote to leave becomes ever validated, with every passing day, post referendum!!!!!!!!

If the UK was behaving like this there's a good many remainers who'd be whining about how inflexible and arrogant we are...

How long before someone pops up telling us that the UK will be banned from the Eurovision Song Contest?...

Last edited by Osem; 23-11-2017 at 22:46.
Old 23-11-2017, 22:38   #885
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

That said it does appear the cities were warned this was possible: https://twitter.com/mattholehouse

The government seems to have given assurances to them that contradicted the EU's own advice about how likely it is that this would happen.
Closed Thread